How does Carnival sail at 100%?

INTERLINER13

I was looking earlier and a good amount of rooms remained. Then I just checked back, and only interior rooms remain. Does anyone know what would occur that would cause so many rooms to be taken in a short amount of time? The cruise leaves in 3 days.

They actually sail at a average of 103% or 104%.

They count each cabin as 2 people, and if a cabin has extra pax, on average that is what pushes them up over the 100% full. (they dont count pax 3/4/5 when they figure out what 100% is).

Hope this makes sense, but thats how they show it when they announce earnings.

They count each cabin as 2 people, and if a cabin has extra pax, on average that is what pushes them up over the 100% full. (they dont count pax 3/4/5 when they figure out what 100% is).

So when you try to upgrade at the pair and they reply we sail 100 percent full without looking, they could be lying?

So when you try to upgrade at the pair and they reply we sail 100 percent full without looking, they could be lying?

FireFly- is it you that sails solo sometimes? If so, just curious as to why you have not tried NCL. I was looking at trying a short solo cruise, and NCL actually offered solo rates.

FireFly- is it you that sails solo sometimes? If so, just curious as to why you have not tried NCL. I was looking at trying a short solo cruise, and NCL actually offered solo rates.

Yes, Im solo a lot. Im older and my bridge friend ladies are 10 to 20 years older than I am and dont want to cruise, or they have a new puppy etc. Few want to cruise, they actually get upset when I cruise and miss bridge.. lol

I get a lot of about half off group deals, and NCL just so far the deals were I would have had to fly vs driving.

I had the choice .. same exact price .. NCL Epic or conquest this Nov.. hard choice .. but I picked Conquest because I have so many others I need to fly to.. but I hear rave reviews of Epic and it sure was a steal of a price. Where I books same price 1 or 2 .. I just try and pick the best combination of as many I can drive to, vs having to fly to the port.

I am paying more for Allure .. almost full price .. but I have a lot of friends on that sailing I want to meet in person that we have been talking on our own cruise message board.

bottom line is I live in Texas, and prefer to drive to a cruise if I can .. but I sure have passed up some great deals... carnival deals have so many I can drive to .. but not so much other lines.

How exactly do I get on this list? Jokingly serious.

He didnt say there was a list .. lol

If there was, I would ask to be on it too.

I do tell my PVP if there are last minute non published deals out of Galveston to let me know . there used to be a year or so ago, none lately

Maybe they had to quit because TAs did not get those rates.

A perk for being a Carnival Employee is a Free Cruise benefit (on waitlist standby). The are several thousand Carnival employess and every ship has an employee waitlist. Any cabins unsold 2-3 days before sailing would go to employees who cruise for just the taxes.

A perk for being a Carnival Employee is a Free Cruise benefit (on waitlist standby). The are several thousand Carnival employess and every ship has an employee waitlist. Any cabins unsold 2-3 days before sailing would go to employees who cruise for just the taxes.

Sounds about right. Are you speaking from 1st hand experience?

Last minute phone calls offering cruises at ridiculous rates would do it. We got one of those $199 on Fantasy for 5 days. Fill 'er up!:eek:

Got a 3-dayer out of San Diego on the ELATION several years ago for $99 per person. Couldn't turn that down, took my son and we had a great time. :D

Got a 3-dayer out of San Diego on the ELATION several years ago for $99 per person. Couldn't turn that down, took my son and we had a great time. :D

I too used to hear of these. Do you know if they discontinued this?? I once made the mistake of posting the price on CC .. big ooops, they pulled the price, as it was a nonlisted price that TAs could not book, only PVPs.

Archived