All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

Article from MiamiToday re: Breeze

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/120705/story7.shtml

Excerpt

With that in mind, Port Miami is currently spending some $15 million on improvements to Cruise Terminal D, said Hydi Webb, the port's manager of business initiatives.

The work includes expanding Terminal D by 1,800 square feet, and building new facilities for security screening, passenger check-ins and a "VIP" area, she said.

Carnival Cruise Lines had been using Terminal D, but has had its operations there temporarily moved to Terminal G, Ms. Webb said.

The work on Terminal D is largely being done for the arrival of the new Carnival Breeze in November for year-round Caribbean voyages, she said.

The Breeze went into service last month, operating out of Barcelona and Venice on Mediterranean cruises, but is to be repositioned in Miami in the fall. The 1,004-foot-long ship has a double occupancy capacity of 3,690 passengers.

I want to know about the 5D movie theater that is on board. Did you happen to try that out?!

I did Happy Feet and Sponge Bob. It was okay, def worth the $14.95 unlimited pass for the kids. I was expecting more -- but all in all it was cool.

I did Happy Feet and Sponge Bob. It was okay, def worth the $14.95 unlimited pass for the kids. I was expecting more -- but all in all it was cool.

thank you so much!! do you know what other movies were playing or was it all kids movies?

For anyone who wants to book the Breeze, the prices are going up and up and up. My educated guess is that the other Miami based ships will come down in price.

I'm going to book tomorrow for January 13. Is this btw the cruise that JH is the cruise director?

How far out can you make reservations for the Punchliner's brunch and the Italian restaurant? I think those are the only ones we will want to do, but we will be traveling during the holidays. I was curious, so I can get things organized in my head. Thanks!

How far out can you make reservations for the Punchliner's brunch and the Italian restaurant? I think those are the only ones we will want to do, but we will be traveling during the holidays. I was curious, so I can get things organized in my head. Thanks!

No reservations are needed for the Punchliners Brunch. It is only held on sea days. Cucina del Capitano is reservation free for lunch and reservations are needed for the $12.00 dinner.

Darn, Fish & Chips are one of my favorite places for lunch.

Well....you'll have to settle for deciding between Guy's Burgers, BlueIguana Cantina, NY Deli, Mongolian Wok, Tandoor Oven, Pasta Bar at Cucina del Capitano, Punchliner Brunch, Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ, Pizza, MDR Lunch or Lido Buffet.

I think even a proper British gentleman would survive without his precious fish n chips with all of those other options for lunch. ;)

Well....you'll have to settle for deciding between Guy's Burgers, BlueIguana Cantina, NY Deli, Mongolian Wok, Tandoor Oven, Pasta Bar at Cucina del Capitano, Punchliner Brunch, Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ, Pizza, MDR Lunch or Lido Buffet.

I think even a proper British gentleman would survive without his precious fish n chips with all of those other options for lunch. ;)

Speaking as a 'proper Brit' I have just got used to the Americans describing crunchy potato snacks that come in rustly bags or tubes as 'chips', and the proper hot kind of fried potato as 'fries', then suddenly, if the 'fries' come with fish, they are 'chips'??? What is going on??? So confused:confused::D

Why so little Breeze cruise reviews?

I am waiting for the reviews as well. I imagine they will be coming soon, but speaking from experience, the itinerary for the Med cruise is very tiring. A lot of people come home with the "Euro-Crud" and it takes some time to get back to normal and have time and energy to put a good review together.

I am waiting for the reviews as well. I imagine they will be coming soon, but speaking from experience, the itinerary for the Med cruise is very tiring. A lot of people come home with the "Euro-Crud" and it takes some time to get back to normal and have time and energy to put a good review together.

This is what I was thinking.

I am SOOOOOOO longing for some more Breeze reviews and PHOTOS!! ;)

I will take in the Med reviews as they appear but since I am not sailing until January I will be really excited when the Caribbean Cruise reviews start coming in because then I know it will be closer :D

ETA: BTW.......I LOVE your signature!! So true!

Edited by LizaMM
see post

This is what I was thinking.

I am SOOOOOOO longing for some more Breeze reviews and PHOTOS!! ;)

I will take in the Med reviews as they appear but since I am not sailing until January I will be really excited when the Caribbean Cruise reviews start coming in because then I know it will be closer :D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DH and I get on board in Barcelona on Nov 6th, after a month in Turkey and Spain. We'll be dirty, exhausted and ready for an American burger and a nice comfy bed. We'll do a review when we get home. We loved the Dream transatlantic and I expect we'll like this one too!!