All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

YEAH!!!!

I am really looking forward to reading the reviews.

So glad to hear that you had a great cruise!! I would have LOVED to be on the TA!! I am an "adult student"....returned to school a couple of years ago and have had to cruise around a school schedule so no TA for me this year! I will be finished in May and a TA/Repositioning cruise is on my bucket list

It was also on my 'bucket list' - and I think I shall keep it there as I just may want to do another one!;)

Actually downloading my pics right now - I new I took a lot - but 1500 PICS!! REALLY???

....and you will be on the Breeze with some of my TA friends - a lovely bunch for sure :)

It was also on my 'bucket list' - and I think I shall keep it there as I just may want to do another one!;)

Actually downloading my pics right now - I new I took a lot - but 1500 PICS!! REALLY???

....and you will be on the Breeze with some of my TA friends - a lovely bunch for sure :)

Ah yes, there are a couple of people on our Roll Call who were with you on the TA!

I am looking forward to all the reviews and photos!

This was a fabulous thread - I plan to keep following it. I read all 21 pages and got lots of good information (especially the card slot for the lights - I had no idea about that). We cruise on the Breeze in June (heading to St. Thomas, Grand Turk, Tortola and San Juan), I'm sure closer to our cruise date, I will ask around for some Fun Times for our itinerary. And will probably do a review of my own.

I finally got through reading all 21 pages of this review and loved it. After I was done reading this I wanted to kick myself for booking this ship so far in advance. It's 30 degrees in Wisconsin, and over the next few months the temp is going to get even lower. I want to be on the breeze right now sitting by the pool, and enjoying a frozen fruity concoction. I want to thank everyone for your great posts and am looking forward to reviews now that the Breeze is in Miami.

Are there areas on this ship that are for adults only? I was reading some other threads and noticed some ships had hot tubs and pools that were off limits to kids.

It's the adults only Serenity area up on deck 15. Unlike some other ships in the fleet, none of the Dream class ships have any pools that are adults only.

Edited by SNJCruisers

I heard somewhere that there are two outlets in the rooms on the Breeze instead of just the one like on other ships, does anyone know if this is true?

Also I have a question about the lights - I've learned (on here) that the lights are controlled with a card slot thing ... is there a separate one for the cabin and the bathroom, or is it just one slot that controls the lights and the cabin at the same time (like when the lights are on in the cabin they are also on in the bathroom, so when the lights are turned off in the cabin so are the ones in the bathroom?). I ask because we have learned that by leaving the bathroom light on with the door closed at night it provides just enough light (from what shines under the door) to get around the room without tripping over everything ... often times a nightlight is just to bright (but if everything comes on and goes off at the same time, we will have to try to find a dim nightlight).

Does anyone have a current fun times to share? Also, does anyone know what movies are playing in the 5D theatre? Thanks!

I believe I read somewhere that the movies are Happy Feet, Spongebob, Polar Express, Speed Racer, Madagascar, and some nature thing (they are each only like 20-25 minute shorts especially made for this theater type).

I can't help you with the Fun Times, our cruise isn't till June (I will probably ask around for a set with the same itinerary that we are going on closer to our cruise date).

I heard somewhere that there are two outlets in the rooms on the Breeze instead of just the one like on other ships, does anyone know if this is true?

Also I have a question about the lights - I've learned (on here) that the lights are controlled with a card slot thing ... is there a separate one for the cabin and the bathroom, or is it just one slot that controls the lights and the cabin at the same time (like when the lights are on in the cabin they are also on in the bathroom, so when the lights are turned off in the cabin so are the ones in the bathroom?). I ask because we have learned that by leaving the bathroom light on with the door closed at night it provides just enough light (from what shines under the door) to get around the room without tripping over everything ... often times a nightlight is just to bright (but if everything comes on and goes off at the same time, we will have to try to find a dim nightlight).

Yes, I saw a picture somewhere on CC that showed that there was indeed 2 electrical outlets right next to each other. With regards to the lights, there has to be a card in the slot in order for the lights to remain on, otherwise they are on a brief timer. There was a funny story told on here about a woman who went back to their cabin right after she had left with her husband to go to dinner because nature called and of course she forgot to leave the card in the slot when she entered the cabin. So.....after a minute, she was in the bathroom doing her business in complete darkness.

I would assume that if you left a card in the slot overnight, all you would need to do is have the main cabin lights out and you would be able to just have the bathroom lights on. The purpose of the card thing is to save energy costs while people are out of the cabin so they do not leave the lights on. You can use any type of card though, it does not have to be a sail n sign card. A shopping card or a playing card would also do the trick.

There are 2 outlets under the mirror, HOWEVER; there is one European spec (220V) and one North American spec (120V). The 120V is just like a common household outlet that can accept 2 power cords.

The card slot controls all the lights in the room, including the bathroom.

See my cabin video in my sig below.

There are 2 outlets under the mirror, HOWEVER; there is one European spec (220V) and one North American spec (120V). The 120V is just like a common household outlet that can accept 2 power cords.

I enjoyed your cove balcony video. Hubby and I did our first cruise on the Dream in Nov. and we had a cove balcony and loved it! Looking at the Breeze for next Nov. because we just have to have another cove.

Thanks...

The addition of a second 120V outlet is a great addition to the Breeze - and in fact coming from Europe I just kept my 'adapter' on my hair dryer and used it in the Europen 220V outlet and used the other 2 for my other stuff - worked out great!

And once you put the card in the slot you can turn the lights on and off as you wish!.....once you take it out the lights will stay on for only 30 seconds...it's actually a good 'spot' to keep your card - you always know where it is and don't lose track of it as much :)

The addition of a second 120V outlet is a great addition to the Breeze - and in fact coming from Europe I just kept my 'adapter' on my hair dryer and used it in the Europen 220V outlet and used the other 2 for my other stuff - worked out great!

Which style European receptacle is it? The big three prong style that they use in the UK or the smaller two prong one that is used in other parts of Europe?

Which style European receptacle is it? The big three prong style that they use in the UK or the smaller two prong one that is used in other parts of Europe?

Must be 2 prong? I used the same 'adapter' I used in my Barcelona hotel - and it only has 2 prongs! (altho I am not quite sure what the outlet actually looked like - sorry!)...but this did work!

Thank you for the video - it was very nice.

And thanks to everyone for the answers to my questions. :)

I believe I read somewhere that the movies are Happy Feet, Spongebob, Polar Express, Speed Racer, Madagascar, and some nature thing (they are each only like 20-25 minute shorts especially made for this theater type).

I can't help you with the Fun Times, our cruise isn't till June (I will probably ask around for a set with the same itinerary that we are going on closer to our cruise date).

Thank you!

And once you put the card in the slot you can turn the lights on and off as you wish!.....once you take it out the lights will stay on for only 30 seconds...it's actually a good 'spot' to keep your card - you always know where it is and don't lose track of it as much :)

With 3 in the cabin, we just used an old S&S from a prior cruise for the lights. Worked fine. I would suspect even an old gift card would work as well. You're just triggering the switch in the bottom of the slot.

I seemed to recall the 3 prong for the 220V plug, but don't have a picture of it. I thought one of the current reviews showed a picture of the outlets, but not sure which one it was. The 2 120v were 3 prong but 2 prong cords worked as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Poor girl is not getting stellar reviews..

I've noticed that, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm too easy going. Yeah, there were things that I would like improved, but overall the ship was beautiful and there was so much to do that we didn't get to all of it. We had a great roll call group, so maybe that helped?

What I noticed was that when she was in europe she was getting stellar reviews, but here on the other side of the pond is another story. Btw the same is going on with Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas.

I am noticing the same thing? Wonder why the 'caribbean runs' are not getting the same opinions? I LOVED my TA on the Breeze :)