All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

I admit to not reading all 17 pages, so I'm going to ask if there are regular trips from where the Carnival Breeze ties up in Venice to Saint Mark's Square. What's the schedule; what's the cost; etc. We wouldn't mind staying late in town or going early back into town the second day.

Thanks,

-John

We were on the Breeze 8/26 sailing and we took the shuttle from the cruise ship to the square. I think it was 15 Euros round trip. Don't remember the schedule but we didn't have to wait too long to board or return back to the ship.

Is this included in the 24 hour pass or is it additional?

Is this included in the 24 hour pass or is it additional?

We had taken the Alilaguna shuttle boat from the cruise port to San Marco. Cost of a RT is 15 euros. I don't recall if there was a 24 hr pass. You can buy tix in advance at Venicelink.com. They will have info on if you can buy a pass - I know you can buy a 72 hr pass but I am not sure about the 24 hr one.

We are about to board the Breeze and this will be our third time with this itinerary, but first time out of Barcelona. (Carnival had been sailing this itinerary out of Rome). Ports are: Livorno, Rome, Messina, Naples, Monaco, & Dubrovnik. We have always been able to keep our passports during the cruise and as memory serves the only port we may have been told to take them with us was Dubrovnik. Does anyone from the Breeze tours know if that was true on the 2012 sailings?

Also has anyone on the Breeze sailings noticed if Delta Airlines has dockside check in at the Barcelona cruise termainal. If so has anyone used this check in post cruise?

As far as passports go on the cruise - our experience was exactly as you said. We did not have to take the passports with us for the Italian ports and Monaco but were advised to carry them for Dubrovnik. We were just on the Breeze for the Aug 26 sailing so this is pretty recent.

No idea about your second question, our cruise started in Venice but I'm sure others can chime in.

Does anyone know who the piano bar entertainer will be on the December 16, 2012 Breeze cruise?

Ron Pass

so I have to pay to eat at these resturants?

What restaurants are you inquiring about? The steakhouse is 35.00 pp for dinner only and the Cucina del Capitano is 12.00 pp for dinner and is free for lunch. The Red Frog Pub has snacks that are 3.00 and the Bonsai Sushi is an a la carte pay for venue. The Punchliner Brunch, Fat Jimmy's BBQ, SeaDogs, Taste bar, Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina are all free. Inside the Lido marketplace are the Mongolian Wok, Tandoor Oven, NY Deli and Pizza, which are all free as well.

I was on the Breeze for the Aug 26 sailing and had a great time. Here is a link to my review with lots of pics.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1705453

Great review and pics. I "breezed" through you review and appreciate the time you took to write and post about the Breeze.