Alaska B2B -Day Trip to Anchorage

Desert Cruisers

I'm on the Sapphire now, heading back to Vancouver. We also did a B2B and have loved every minute of it! Princess does offer a shore excursion on turn around day to Anchorage. They will take you to Anchorage, drop you at the Convention Center downtown and you have 3.5 hours in town before they pick you back up at the Convention Center. The cost was about $129 per person. We decided that was too much money for the relatively short time you would have in town. But if you've never been into Anchorage, you might want to consider it. The road from Whittier goes thru the Train/Car tunnel and follows the bay (I think it is Turnagain Arm?) into town. Very scenic trip.

Princess also offers a kayaking trip on Prince William Sound, which is what my family did. You get the kayaks a short walk from the ship dock and they take you about several miles up the coast.

We are doing B2B (round trip Vancouver) on the Sapphire Princess. We are thinking about going to Anchorage on turnaround day in Whittier. Does anyone done this? Did Princess provide a transport option? If not, what arrangements did you make? Thanks for any info.

Desert Cruisers,

Have you considered a car rental? You can get a car from Avis in Whittier for about $110 plus gas for the day.

Bruce

I'd recommend staying in Whittier and doing a smaller boat tour of Prince William sound, be sure to take one to Esther passage. Close up to glaciers, lots do seals and otters and whales. It was awesome.

You can take the train all the way to Anchorage and it is a beautiful trip! Google Alaska Railroad and drool over the pictures! We took this train from Anchorage to Seward last August and is be of my favorite memories!

You can take the train all the way to Anchorage and it is a beautiful trip! Google Alaska Railroad and drool over the pictures! We took this train from Anchorage to Seward last August and is be of my favorite memories!

I agree. The train ride is beautiful to Anchorage.

Thx for the input. We did think about the train but the schedule works against us (as one poster mentioned). We have been to Anchorage before so, if we don't get there again, it's no big deal. Probably will just wait to see how weather is that day before deciding what to do

Thx for the input. We did think about the train but the schedule works against us (as one poster mentioned). We have been to Anchorage before so, if we don't get there again, it's no big deal. Probably will just wait to see how weather is that day before deciding what to do

There is a company called whittier shuttle dot com that does a shuttle service with a commentary and tour on the way to anchorage. You can walk onto the bus on the day but it is cheaper when you book ahead.

You would have to book a car in advance as Avis is the only supplier in Whittier and there aren't many cars kept there.

Archived