What to display pins in....

CruiseAdict218

Get you a small picture frame. Cut a piece of cardboard to fit it.

Cover the cardboard with any color of felt, I used red. Then hang

the frame or place it somewhere and enjoy the memories.

JR

I always do up a shadow box for every cruise. I put in shells, tickets, memento's etc. for each cruise, plus a photo of the ship. I am sure that you could add pins into a frame like that - just use a piece of material or felt to attach the pins to. I have a wonderful collection of shadow boxes - company always compliments me on them, and we are off and having a great conversation about trips taken :)

Have fun!

I always do up a shadow box for every cruise. I put in shells, tickets, memento's etc. for each cruise, plus a photo of the ship. I am sure that you could add pins into a frame like that - just use a piece of material or felt to attach the pins to. I have a wonderful collection of shadow boxes - company always compliments me on them, and we are off and having a great conversation about trips taken :)

Have fun!

Get you a small picture frame. Cut a piece of cardboard to fit it.

Cover the cardboard with any color of felt, I used red. Then hang

the frame or place it somewhere and enjoy the memories.

JR

Thanks you two, I've thought about a shadow box, but never thought about a picture frame, I'll look into that.

Have fun!

I love your idea of shadow boxes for each cruise. The memorabilia from my four cruises are now in separate zip lock bags (2 gallon) and all stored in a plastic storage box. I've also been looking for ideas and love this one. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of one of yours, would you? If so, would you mind sharing? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I found a travel-related fabric and sewed a hanging on which I put pins from the places we visit. I sewed borders of the travel fabric around a muslin center, machine quilted the whole thing, and bound the edges. I guess the hanging must be 18 inches by 2.5 feet. I made similar ones for our grandsons who have traveled a great deal with us, so hey have their own. Also holds their junior rangers badges.

• 2 months later...

We bought a pre-made artists canvas from a craft store (it is stretched canvas around a wooden frame). I glued ribbon around the outside edge for decoration and I also bought wooden letters that I painted to match the ribbon (I used 'our travels') but you could say whatever you want.

The pins attach right to the canvas with room for the backs to be attached (because of the frame) so you don't lose them.

We collect hat pins from everywhere we go - so we have a bunch!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived