a skittledeedoo review for you, Miracle 5/30-6/7

mamaskittles

Hurry and post more... I am leaving in the morning for my cruise, and don't want to miss anything if I can help it. If your Steward transferred to another ship, 10-1 I will have him. I attract these people like a magnet.

Melanie

Momma, love your review and humor. Most of the reviews I find are just same old stuff. You have such great style and your attention to detail is the best. I cruise on August 10, on theMiracle. Can't wait. Any recommendations you could make would be greatly appreciated. Please keep writing, I can't get enough.:p

Again thank you all for your encouragement.

Not that I need encourtagement to report my take on lifes falderals, absurdities and twaddle. I mean if everything went like clockwork all the time why would anyone get out of bed. I do like it when a plan comes together but I think I like it just a little more when every plan needs a little tweaking.

That's what I am, a professional tweaker,...wait a minute isn't that what they call methamphetamine users :eek:.

I guess I have to re-think that moniker .:cool:

well on with the review.

OH MY MAN I LOVE HIM SO....

So morning comes with a knock at the door at 7:15. My coffee is here. DS is sound asleep in his bed wrapped in the sheet like Lon Chaney. I make my cup and head to the balcony. I mean is anything as glorious as that first sip of morning coffee looking out at a crystal blue sea. The sunlight glitters on the the tips of the wavelets. Each cloud competes with the next to see who can be more beautiful. The only sound is the whoosh whoosh of the fabulous ship as she glides through the swells toward another day in paradiBAM BAM BAM ...goes the balcony door next to us. Our neighbors have risen. Since we have an extended balcony the only way for them to know I am there is to lean out and look all the way around.

I slow my breathing and fan the coffee fumes away from their side.

I know if I move a muscle they will want to talk.

Now have nothing against these people. They seemed fine when DS did a shouted introduction during one of our visits to the cabin.

He started talking to the lady of the duo when they met while each was enjoying a smoke.

Come to find out she is a nut. I mean a NUT. Squirrels chase this woman.

I never laid eyes on her I only spoke through the partition. I heard her plenty of times yelling at the male half of the duo. I quickly came to realize they were experiencing a weird relationship thing. They were not a couple but she seemed to feel he had some ...obligations, and he wasn't to keen on fulfilling said obligations.

She would yell alot re: her needs. He talked alot about being tired.

Their occupation was also interesting. They were medical marajuana growers and retailers :eek:.

The party went on and on next door. DS thought they were just the bestest neighbors.

So this particular morning I am trying to hide not because I didn't want to talk but because I didn't want to talk to her. I mean she was very nice but I really did not want to know about her needs.

I guess she had spidey sense or something cos she knew someone was out there . "Shaun" she calls...."is that you sweetie".

"No" I answered as I leapt to my feet "he is still sleeping but I can get him for you".

"No don't bother him" she tells me "he was out very late last night."

"OK I'm going in now" I said and I ran inside.

I was torn between waking DS immediatley to find out how squirrel-food knew his whereabouts, or letting him sleep a minute while I prepared myself for my visit with my love.

My love won out.

Showered dressed and ready

My omelet man awaits.

Just as I open the cabin door I hear..." MAAAA wait a minute".

He's awake, He decided he didn't want to stay behind so he was going to hurry to join some friends he made in the Lido for breakfast. I wondered to myself if he was a little hungry from hanging out with the neighbors.

After his shower, he dressed in costume number 1 for the day. I told him the balcony encounter and he explained she had been at the disco the night before and he walked her back to the cabin because she was wasted and it was 4AM so he was worried. I got a nice son :).

I left STEWART a note, kindly asking that he or the asst. run the carpet sweeper over the floor as grass was beginning to sprout and told him I would not need ice till the evening. I also pointed out that the 2 towels on the bathroom floor needed changing as they had been used to shower with. In case anyone is wondering I only use a towel on my body once before washing it at home also.

We hit the Lido. DS sees some dance friends and he's off.

It is a little crowded but not too crazy. There are seats but you have to land shark for a minute or two. I had my hot pink beach bag with me so I could find a spot, park my bag, and locate my seat with ease after filling my tray.

Today I decide to do things differently I got the coffee and fruit first and then got in line to meet with destiny.

The line for MY omelette man was the longest, but who cares when it's right it's right.

On the other side of the hot food section is another omelette station and my biggest fear is the guy over there will motion me to him when it's almost my turn. So to avoid that I told three people behind me there was an empty line on the other side. They looked at me like I was a little drunk already but they went over.

Finally it's me and Vlad.

"Vhat you vant " he snarls.

" two eggs over medium " I whisper

" VHAT" he shouts

I repeat my order so he can hear me.

one beat, two beats, three beats...and here it comes the snort and the stomp. Off he goes to the walk-in, all the while muttering and mumbling. He comes back with two eggs in a ramikin. He is still muttering and glancing at me like I just shot his dog.

As my eggs are cooking he asks the girl behind me

"Vhat you vant"

" two real eggs scrambled" she orders.

OH MY GOD! He is going to pop a blood vessel.

He say "VHAT, IS TRAY FULL OF SCRAMBLED" "LOOK, LOOK" and he points with his spatula at the liquid egg scramble on the hot pass. She answered "I don't want the egg beaters I want real eggs with a shell."

He tossed the pan and stomped to the walk in to retrieve more eggs. ( no, I have no idea why he only got two at a time. )

The girl was a little annoyed at him and she turned to me and said," if it is too much trouble for him I'll hop back there and do it myself. "

It was all I could do not to wrestle her to the ground right there in front of Vlad and DS and the whole ship.

I mean couldn't she see he was stressed, my poor baby.

He starts to make her eggs and she loudly asks everyone on line " did he crack those eggs" I said "yes I saw him"

I saw no such thing. When Vlad returns from the walk-in the eggs are already cracked in a ramikin with no shells in sight, but she didn't need to know that.

Well because of all the scramble drama my eggs were overdone. Vlad looked at me with demons dancing in his eyes and said " Is OK? " I knew he was daring me to say no. I felt it way to early to put any negative accentuation in our relationship so I told my sweetie of course they were oK. I took my plate and went to enjoy my breakfast.

Oh that Vlad.

DS joined me after a few minutes and we discussed they up-coming day. I mean what little there is to discuss. There is lounging and trivia and pools and hot tubs and lunch and then more of the same. I told DS I was going to look for our elegant photo and then maybe try the serenity deck. He had been there the day before and said it was nice. I knew Liza had also enjoyed some serene time so I thought why not. They must have shade back there.

DS said he would join me in the photo hunt then it would be time for him to re-fill his rum bottle and make a costume change.

We found our pictures. well the husband and wife ones were really nice. At least the first two. The last two DS has the deer in the headlights look. The Mom and Son shots were terrible. He is glaring and I am peeing. I decided to throw away all but one of the married couple shots. I told DS we would wait till the end of he cruise in case we tried it another day and liked the pictures better. I mean at $22 a shot I have to like them at least a little.

DS went to the cabin and I headed to the serenity area. THere were at least 900 people all crowed together in the 15 chairs they have back there. I walked around in one door and out the other and headed back to the sirens pool area where my special lounging spot was located.

There were people there. :eek:

Almost every lounger was taken.

THe really good ones with the A/C were being used by a family of tiny little people wrapped in towels to keep warm.

GET UP I wanted to scream there are loungers in the sun for skinny people. This is 55 year old fat lady territory you dogs.:mad:

But I just stood there wiping the sweat from my brow. After a minute I saw a lounger half in and half out of the sun. It was the one nearest the steps leading to the ping pong area one deck above.

I worked my way over to the only free lounger anywhere near the shade and plopped my big pink bag on it.

I laid my towel took off my cover up and got all comfy, till I noticed If I pulled the lounger over three feet the the left I could position it almost completely under the stairs. So that's what I do. I get up, drag the chair as far over as I can avoiding the metal struts jutting out to prevent you from doing just what I am doing, and I wiggle myself back onto the chair out of the sun.

I put on my floppy hat, my reading glasses, and my sunglasses over my reading glasses, get out my kindle, fill up my cup with diet pepsi, and settle in for a great mid-morning relaxathon.

DS comes out onto the deck finds me under the stairs shakes his head and just keeps walking.

Ahhh peace and quiet. Till I wake up with a jerk and look around at all the folk staring at the lunatic under the stairs snoring her fool head off.

Next up How is this serene and When evening falls.

to write comedy scripts! MamaSkittles, you are absolutely hilarious. I read a couple of things from your posts to my DH and he kept asking me to read more. Can't tell you how much we are enjoying this review. I only opened it because the Miracle is moving to the West Coast where we live and try to cruise from. Little did I know how fun your review would be Being a fluffy 59 year old, I can totally relate to ALL you have written. Keep it up. I would love to be on a cruise with you! Can't wait for the next installment...

HOW IS THIS SERENE

Back when dinosaurs piloted the ships, the aft area on the Miracle and the Legend and I would guess all the spirit class Carnival ships had an adults only pool and hot tub. There were plenty of loungers and tables and chairs for eating or playing cards. It never seemed over-crowded back there.

The area itself was family friendly but no kiddies in the water.

This prohibition was usually enough to keep the kids away from the aft area. I mean There were children who attempted to get in the pool/hot tub back then, but not when Mamaskittles was on duty.

I have no problem telling the darlings that it is a no-no. I remember one 8 or 9 year old young lady who was bound and determined she was swimming in the aft pool on the Legend. I showed her the sign and told her she had to get out. She climbed out went running to a woman I assumed was Mom and after a quick conference ran back in. I told her she wasn't allowed, and I was going to get the captain ( heehee). She jumped out, ran to Mom pointed at me and stood tapping her toe and glaring for all she was worth.

Mom came over very politely and asked why does it make a difference? It's only one child and she was behaving herself.

My answer was this.

If it is OK for your lovely daughter to use this pool, than it is OK for my 7 year old nephew to use it, and all his friends from camp carnival, and the daughter and son of every one here, and that is not ok.

Your daughter is no different than my nephew and I sent him to the siren pool with his Dad. My sister was sitting right there nodding her head as was every adult within earshot.

The Mom stood for a moment weighed the situation and sent DD to the other pool amidst alot of stomping and a hail of it's not fairs. But the pool and hot tub were adult only for those cruises I was there to police it.

My reason for this story is that Carnival in their infinate wisdom decided to take adult only pools and hot tubs one big step further. They made the whole aft area on the spirit class ships the adult only serenity area. This is an absolutely stunning space visually. The furnture is laid back and comfy. There is an abundance of wicker and sea blue cushions, knotted hammocks, clamshells. It is really a beautiful space.

It is totally useless.

There are very few single loungers. Most seating is for couples. There are double loungers, double clamshells, and superwide hammocks. They do have single chairs with hassocks but since there is a limited number of loungers the hassocks becomes lounge chairs as does the side of the pool, the smaller side chairs the tables. If it were possible people would buy buckets of beer just to turn the buckets upside down to have a seat.

This is all just way too stressful for me.

I get a little self conscious when I am wandering around looking for a seat. I mean it's bad enopugh in the Lido buffet when all you are doing is sharing a table and perhaps asking someone to pass the salt. But sitting shoulder to shoulder thigh to thigh with a complete stranger in my swim suit, not for me. I mean I have the visual of what I look like as I am coming in for a landing in a lounge chair. I just can't put that look of terror into a fellow cruisers eyes.

Well on this day I promised DS after lunch I would go and at least try. His CC friends were going to be there and he wanted us to join them.

So first stop lunch. I wasn't really hungry but DS was still looking to munch (hmmmm) out a little. I asked his take on the burger and he really liked them so that was my plan burger and salad. I went to find the salad bar. I knew from previous wanderings the salad bar was off by itself against the wall. so after only three loops around the buffet I found it. They have alll the fixin's you need to make a lovely green salad, But they also have cold cuts, cheeses, ceaser salad, pasta salads and other cold items.

This is a under-utilized gem of an area on the buffet.

The cold salads are changed daily ( much to my dismay) but the greenery, cold cuts and cheeses remain the entire cruise.

This day I made a green salad, and decided to try an asian rice noodle salad that resembled mei fun. I also found my way to the grill to get a burger. They have tons of fixins back there also. Potato salad, cole slaw, mushrooms, onions, salsa, pico de gallo with homemade chips. Plenty to make a nice lunch plate.

So back I head with my treasures.

I loved my salad. The rice noodle dish is out of this world. I made DS taste mine because I knew he would want some. It was sweet and sour with just enough fresh veggies in it for crunch. The dressing was flavorful but light. I encourage anyone taking this cruise to try it.

The burger was another story. I just couldn't eat it. I found it dry and tasteless, even with the onions and mushrooms. I pushed it to the side. and went and got extra dessert because I saved all those nasty red meat burger calories so I coukld have an extra piece of something yummy.

DS finished his lunch and it was time to brave the serenity area.

I mean how serene can an area be if you have to gear up to go there. I would never in a million years compare fighting my way through the serenity area on a cruise ship to entering a combat zone but.... it was at least like trying to get through walmart on black friday.

There are the haves and the have nots, and then a middle class of have nots with friends who have. This is a distinct advantage because when a resident serenite points out an empty it gives the impression of a reserved seat or somehting. DS and I fell into the last category.

Our CC friends Liza and Gregg were already seated in the "area". DS sat on the edge of Liza's lounger but I needed at least an upturned beer bucket. As we scanned the area a chair and ottoman opened up. I ran for the chair like I was running for a winning lottery ticket the wind snatched. Amazingly I snagged the chair and the ottoman for DS. I sat in this papa-san chair for a few minutes and was decidedly uncomfortable. It is a perfectly fine chair for most people. I have a very bad back and certain seating aggravates the injury and this chair was one of those.

Suddenly a lounger opened up in the shade!

It was no where near DS, the pool, hot tub, Liza, or even the bar, but hey it was a lounger. IN THE SHADE. I dropped my son, my friends and would have dropped my spouse if he were still alive for that chair. I leapt over people, tables, upturned buckets, like a gazelle on the savannah. SCORE.

A lounger in the shade on the serenty deck at 2pm on a sea day. No one had it better than me.

DS came over and asked if I wanted him to sit with me. I laughed till I was choking and sent him on his way. I laid out my towel, put on my floppy hat, put on my reading glasses, put my sunglasses on top of my reading glasses, took out my kindle, filled my cup with diet pepsi and settled in for an afternoon relaxathon.

I woke with a jerk, wiped the spittle from my chin and stared up at the waiter who says " this Miami Vice is from the gentleman over there".

I thank him without looking where he is pointing. I mean I need to make sure I don't have any more spittle on my chin and I need to remove both sets of glasses and the old floppy hat. I have to adjust myself so when I turn around to wave thankyou my parts are where they should be and not hanging over the side of the chair. So I adjust and primp and fluff and slowly turn to gaze at who I am positive is Vlad who abandoned his omlette post just to see me and buy me a Miami vice.

Finally my eyes adjust to the light and who is waving so sweetly at me ...DS.

Well it could have been worse. DS could have found out the waiter delivered the drink with a wink and a leer.

Next up Cabin fever is all the rage and when evening falls.

Crud! After being sleep deprived all week because I have to wait up for these posts, tomorrow I have to go away for two weeks. I have to wait fo find out what happens with the rage and fallen evenings. Drat!

HOW IS THIS SERENE

Suddenly a lounger opened up in the shade!

It was no where near DS, the pool, hot tub, Liza, or even the bar, but hey it was a lounger. IN THE SHADE. I dropped my son, my friends and would have dropped my spouse if he were still alive for that chair. I leapt over people, tables, upturned buckets, like a gazelle on the savannah. SCORE.

A lounger in the shade on the serenty deck at 2pm on a sea day. No one had it better than me.

On the Splendor in April, as far as I could tell all the deck chairs were in the sun, no matter which side or the time of day. Plus, the sound of air conditioners was so loud up there you couldn't even hear the piped "relaxing" music. The bar was only open one day as far as I could tell -- which makes sense given that the environment caused the serenity deck to be empty the entire seven days so there were no paying customers. I would rather get a tooth pulled than sit in the sun, so I never used it -- and I apparently wasn't the only one who felt that way. It seems as if they could just put up a bunch of canopies to block the sun and put up a sound barrior between the deck and the AC vents, and make the deck habitable :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm loving your review. Thanks for the great entertainment!

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I promise you all that I have been reporting is true. :eek:

As LizaMM, one of our CC cruisemates will attest to, DS and I kept everyone we met abreast of our cabin and couples traumas. These are things no one can make up. But you know cruising is a blast and if you let the schmutz, the towels, the ice, the bed or anything really bother you you just wasted not only a few thousand dollars, but much more importantly a week of your life.

I am a chronic complainer, but only because complaining allows my sarcasm gene to run it's fool head off. Anytime I am kvetching it's always for the fun of it. If something truly upset me I am old enough, smart enough, and certainly tough enough to be proactive and do something about the problem.

So that is todays lesson kiddies ...kvetch for fun, but if it is a real problem keep your mouth shut and take positive action to effect change!

Now on to the review....

I so agree with you! Very well stated!

That being said, I am LOVING your review! Sitting here by myself cracking up (and no drinking/spewing;)). Your humor is priceless...the visuals I am getting are hysterical...you scoring the lounge on Serenity was the best:D

Having just been on the Miracle last month (for the 3rd time), I have to agree with you about Serenity. It really is a waste of a great space:mad: Lost its whole vibe. We never sat back there for our entire cruise, but of course even if we wanted to, there were no seats:rolleyes:

Keep the review coming...we're all here waiting for the curtain to go up again!

CABIN FEVER IS ALL THE RAGE

So after I swallow my yummy Miami Vice and my abject disappointment that Vlad did not supply said yumminess, it was time to face the CABIN.

It had gotten to the point I was actually looking forward to playing "what's wrong in the cabin" with DS. I was winning. He just couldn't believe that things would go from good to eh to sad to bad to worse. I knew of course we had eight days, things were still at good.

So my guesses for the evening were:

Same schmutz different day,

No counter wipe down.

DS believed all would be well, as we asked for nothing.

Well it was a tie. We got nothing. As we entered the cabin Moe, Larry, Curly, and the kids were still there and they had invited a few friends over.

The counter had the same DOD rings from embarkation.

The coverlets were on the sofe where I left them.

Now to explain the coverlets. I have established my need for cool by now So to go into it again would be pointless.

DS is now telling me he is having some sort of menopausal heat flashing thing going on :eek:. He saw that I removed my duvet and coverlet and folded it nicely and put in on the sofa at night before bed. In the morning I placed it neatly at the foot of the bed for the steward.

The A/C in the cabin was nothing to write home about and just a sheet was plenty to keep warm.

Come to find out after DS walked squirrel-food home, he came in the cabin and decided to remove his coverlet and place it with mine.

Now yesterday morning I remembered to put mine on the bed, I guess this morning I forgot. So the sheets were pulled up but the covelets were still in a neat pile on the sofa.

And worse of all the floor mat in the bathroom was still damp.

I felt the towels. They felt damp to me also, but not soaking wet. I was perplexed. Are they clean, are they dirty but mine, are they dirty and squirrel-foods. I just didn't know. I mean I stood in the bathroom wringing my hands trying to decide to take a shower and trust the towel was clean or risk a face full of butt.

I chose ( c) NONE OF THE ABOVE. <-----BTW always the best answer when you are stumped.

I remembered I had the blue pool towels unused in my big pink bag.

I cackled gleefully and got ready for dinner and the nights festivities.

I doled out a blue towel to DS and told him he would need to exchange it every day to ensure butt-free shower drying. I mean if either of us witnessed STEWART replacing the bathroom towels then we knew they were OK otherwise go with the assumption they are butty. It would make life eaiser in the long run.

Finally DS is ready. He is in his third costume of the day and looks mahvelous.

Oh yeah there was a full glistening bucket of ice.:confused:

WHEN EVENING FALLS

Dinner was lovely. Our table mates were four of the nicest people you could meet. They were smart, funny, witty and a little sarcastic. All great qualities when sitting with strangers slurping soup and eating leafy green matter.

I honestly do not remember all the menu items. I know I ordered and ate something every night. There were a few things I thought were great. The beef carpaccio on the didja menu, well worth it, the petite filtet with the braised short rib was delicious. I enjoyed the lamb shank and the lamb chops. The pasta main dishes as a starter always a good plan by Carnival. The desserts are very nice. I mean if none of the cakes are setting your soul on fire there is always ice cream, sherbert and fresh fruits. Order the tropical fruit starter from the everyday menu as a dessert.

I didn't enjoy the bitter and blanc as much this time as I did in the past. The creme anglaise was super sweet and the bread pudding itself was dry as dust. Don't get me wrong I ate every morsel but it wasn't as good as I remembered.

For me there were a few real misses but I am probably in the minority. I really disliked the chateaubriand, I do not like Carnival's take on a sauce bearnaise. I find it very thick and gummy. I am a foodie so I am a little particular about sauces and I just can't wrap my tongue around that one.

The vast majority of the food fell into the "it's fine " catagory. I was mildly disappointed but becuase of cruise critic I knew going into this cruise things were a little less than they had been in 2007.

I mean most old sayings are from truth...You do get what you pay for.

If I want real french master sauces I probably shouldn't expect them on an 8 day Carnival fun cruise.

So I did not eat like a Grand Duchess, but I sure as heck ate like they had set the date for my execution.

If you go hungry on this or any other cruise, it is because you want to. There is no reason to complain about not eating. There is a dining room, at least one pay restaurant, a buffet, an extensive room service menu, and a hospitality staff who will do cartwheels to make sure you get something to please you particular palette. SO THERE!!!!

Dinner is done, dessert is ordered and the waiters are dancing. DS wants to know if they do the same dances over and over. I told him yeah I have heard these same ones before and our tablemates who cruised last year said they were the same songs then. He was flabergasted that after singing the same songs week after week, for years in some cases, most of them did not know the words. As usual I had no answer. He is just so cute sometimes that DS of mine.

Tonight was the night I decided to splurge and order the cappuchino for $2.95

A while back when the announcement was first made that the free cappuchinos had left the building, I got into a debate with the ever-loveable Sargent_Shultz here on CC. At the time I told him I would order one of these new and improved beverages and drink it with an open mind and report back my findings. So here goes.

The cappuchino arrives at tableside.

It looks good.

The foam is glistening.

There is a sparse sprinkling of cinnamon.

A lovely bisquit is nestled alongside the cup.

It is warm to the touch.

I start to gently slide the foam over to take my first sip, when the whole top of the cappuchino slops to the side like loose meringue.

HMMMM I say this isn't right.

Perhaps the million dollar expresso machines messed up while foaming the milk. It could happen. I am sure the coffee is wonderful.

So I look into the cup, and instead of finding a rich creamy brown liquid I find watery beige bilge. I am still trying to be a good sport so I take a sip.

All I can say is if anyone can imagine what a puddle full of sick geese would taste like, this is worse.

I couldn't drink it, neither could DS.

THe waiter came over and said " it is not good?" we told him we did not like it. He didn't act surprised. I asked him about the new million dollar expresso machines and he said and I quote. " the machines are the same. " I asked if they changed the coffee. He said yes the regular coffee is different but the other is the same. Now perhaps He was confused by my question or maybe they had been making the cappuchinos on special machines on this ship since he contracted aboard, who knows all I know is the cappuchino on this cruise, on this day, was swill.

The bisquit was very nice. :)

Well the evening is young so we are off to the races. I know there was some sort of show in the main lounge I did not go, neither did DS. I went to karaoke most of the time, and the piano bar and the comedy shows.

I would be lying if I said here and now I know exactly what I did this evening. I don't, and since I do not want to embellish this tale with fiction I will leave it as I know I was either watching people sing, watching one person sing or wandering around aimlessly till the adult comedy began.

At some point I will review Karaoke with Chris K, and the piano bar with Brennan. I hung out with both of them most of the cruise so I will review them in their entirety later on.

Tonights comedian was a new guy. He was an older man from either NY or NJ by the accent. He was pretty funny. I mean not side splitting, little puddle hilarious, but not bad.

These guys are not masters at their art, to be sure. If they were, they would not be opening for Hennie the cruise director on the Carnival Miracle.

One thing I did notice, and this is true about all third string comedians. There is a segment of humor that will always get a laugh. Foul language is always good for a guffaw, can't get a girlfriend jokes, small penis jokes, big boobies jokes, gay jokes, black jokes from black comedians, mobster jokes from Italian comedians. all of these are joke standards and all of these are what you can expect to hear. So if any of these subjects are offensive to you, don't go. Otherwise it is a fine way to kill an hour between karaoke and the piano bar.

So between my meandering back and forth, I meet up with DS at adult comedy. Liza and Gregg join us and a good time is had by all. After comedy they decide to hit the casino bar. I go give my ususl donation. Then it is off to see the cabin ...the wonderful cabin in oz.

CABIN FEVER FOREVER

As long as I live I will remember this cabin. I mean when my brain is farina. I will remember this cabin. when I look at my children and see imps and trolls trying to steal my sweaters and used tea bags, I will remember this cabin.

There is nothing.

No funtimes.

No chocolate.

No clean towels ( I know this because I marked the ones that I threw on the floor.)

No towel pig. The old towel pig is gone though.

What is still there... Moe, Larry, Curly, the Kids and their whole pre-school class.

The DOD rings.

Our coverlets on the sofa.

And best of all....

An ice bucket full of warm water.

Next up What's snorkle got to do with it???

Mamaskittles, I've been enjoying reading this over the past few days! You are so entertaining! We are leaving on the Miracle one week from today! I can't believe how calm you've been about the condition of your cabin! I would have been through the roof several times by now! Can't wait to read the rest! :D

Mamaskittles' date=' I've been enjoying reading this over the past few days! You are so entertaining! We are leaving on the Miracle one week from today! I can't believe how calm you've been about the condition of your cabin! I would have been through the roof several times by now! Can't wait to read the rest! :D[/quote']

Thank you for your kind words. as far as the cabin condition it was actually easy to be calm. DS was a wonder. He is the most fun-loving positive person I know. I have learned over the years that if you sweat he small stuff when the big stuff hits you are unprepared to handle it. Now when I talk about the cabin I never once said it was filthy. That's because it wasn't. The toilet was clean.The bathroom was wiped down ( most of the time ).The trash was emptied daily.

Bed making, towel animals, ice, schmutz all not deal breakers. If it was more than miscellaneous fuzzies and paper scraps on the carpet I may have been more upset. These little things won't kill me, stress and aggravation will. It actually took a second to wipe down the counter myself. I got used to washing out the glasses. I used the shampoo. I firmly believe it was dawn dish soap anyway. After the second day DS and I decided to take a wait and see approach to the whole cabin drama. It was making us laugh. When ever we met up with our CC roll call friends we would give them further updates and they seemed to be enjoying the on-going cabin fever as much as we were.

as long as the bed is sleepable the food is edible the ports are accessable and the entertainment is enjoyable I am having a good cruise.

We would love to hang out with you and DS. Not for long, but a little while. What a great review!;)

I don't blame you. I don't want to hang out with me for long, that's why after a little while I let one of the others in my head take over. They are always pushing for more face time anyway.:eek:

My favorite at the moment is the female construction worker named Big Bert. She gets er done!!!

I so agree with you! Very well stated!

That being said, I am LOVING your review! Sitting here by myself cracking up (and no drinking/spewing;)). Your humor is priceless...the visuals I am getting are hysterical...you scoring the lounge on Serenity was the best:D

Having just been on the Miracle last month (for the 3rd time), I have to agree with you about Serenity. It really is a waste of a great space:mad: Lost its whole vibe. We never sat back there for our entire cruise, but of course even if we wanted to, there were no seats:rolleyes:

Keep the review coming...we're all here waiting for the curtain to go up again!

I read your review before my cruise. It was great. :D

One thing baffled me then and baffles me and DS now. The smoking set-up. I know they had to make changes. The public opinion regarding smoking is just way too biased against to not make a change. That said why on earth would you go to the trouble to create a fully seperate adults only area with a fully functioning bar, and ban smoking from this area. If that is not bad enough you then allow smoking in an enclosed area adjacent to a family pool area full of kids. Where hundreds of people bring their food trays to enjoy pizza and burgers and wienies with the kiddies. This is just dumb.

Are you listening Carnival...

Move the smoking area on Spirit class ships from the main pool areas on the starboard lido to the starboard aft area and half the aft bar in the serenity section.

Immediate revenue increase in bar sales and higher customer satisfaction from families enjoying the lido pool area with the little ones.

Archived