a skittledeedoo review for you, Miracle 5/30-6/7

mamaskittles

We leave in one week on the Miracle (finally!).. dare I ask.. or maybe you've mentioned it already, but what cabin # did you have? I just know I'll be feeling towels all week thinking they weren't changed, and looking for Moe, Larry and Curly at every turn. I have the heebeejeebies just thinking about it :eek:

Guest LoveMyBoxer

ROFL! Your omellete guy sounds a LOT like the Soup **** on Seinfeld! Hope he is there in July when we sail! You had a LOT of patience for your cabin STEWARD! Awesome review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

Oh my goodness, your review is a hoot.I have started reading your posts to my DH. I do have to say that you are much more patient than I would ever have been. I am not a demanding person, but I do expect a person to do their job.

I must have missed a post because I don't understand the Moe, Curly, and Larry reference.

We will be on the Mericle March 6,1213 I do hope our room stewart is better.

Can't wait to read more.

I read your review before my cruise. It was great.

One thing baffled me then and baffles me and DS now. The smoking set-up. I know they had to make changes. The public opinion regarding smoking is just way too biased against to not make a change. That said why on earth would you go to the trouble to create a fully seperate adults only area with a fully functioning bar, and ban smoking from this area. If that is not bad enough you then allow smoking in an enclosed area adjacent to a family pool area full of kids. Where hundreds of people bring their food trays to enjoy pizza and burgers and wienies with the kiddies. This is just dumb.

Are you listening Carnival...

Move the smoking area on Spirit class ships from the main pool areas on the starboard lido to the starboard aft area and half the aft bar in the serenity section.

Immediate revenue increase in bar sales and higher customer satisfaction from families enjoying the lido pool area with the little ones.

My Reflections couldn't hold a candle to your review! You need to publish some stories!;) Squirrel-Food....LOLOLOL!

And I totally agree with your views on where the smoking areas should be...just makes sense to those of us who think clearly. That aft Lido bar used to be hopping before Serenity...this time every time we went back there it was like a library.:rolleyes: Now Carnival can say that they don't lose the revenue...the people who used to buy their drinks there will now just buy from another Lido bar. With our group of 11, that was not the case. As soon as all the noise and screaming started on Lido around noon, and the kids were out in full force, we all retreated to our balconies. If we wanted a drink, we had it in our cabin;) But I will thank Carnival for cutting our S&S almost in half! I guess we used to drink ALOT when we hung around there all day long!:o

Looking forward to your review, as are the rest of our group who are all reading it!!

We leave in one week on the Miracle (finally!).. dare I ask.. or maybe you've mentioned it already, but what cabin # did you have? I just know I'll be feeling towels all week thinking they weren't changed, and looking for Moe, Larry and Curly at every turn. I have the heebeejeebies just thinking about it

Vicki, I was wondering that, too! We were in 7258 and had probably one of the best stewards we have ever had. His name was Tennyson and he couldn't do enough for us. When we sailed, we got a note that they would be replacing the carpet in our cabin on one of the sea days, and we would have to be out of the cabin from 9-3:30. He made a point of telling us that we could call Guest Services and tell them we weren't willing to do that (which we did!). I'm not sure I would have had Mama's great attitude toward Stewart...while I love to find the humorous side of everything, there is a point where my feisty Irish takes over:eek:

ROFL! Your omellete guy sounds a LOT like the Soup **** on Seinfeld! Hope he is there in July when we sail! You had a LOT of patience for your cabin STEWARD! Awesome review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

Sounds just like him, right? I was thinking the same thing! I'm sure I didn't meet "Vlad" a month ago, despite getting an omelette every day. We'll have to keep reading to see how the love affair progresses;)

Vicki, I was wondering that, too! We were in 7258 and had probably one of the best stewards we have ever had. His name was Tennyson and he couldn't do enough for us.

Our sons have cabin 7260, we're on the other side in a regular balcony. We have 10 cabins around and including the aft of the veranda deck; hubby and I have one of only two cabins on the starboard side, everyone else has balcony and inside cabins up and down the port side corridor. I specifically picked the quieter side of ship ;)

Oh, yes, we need more, more & more of your review. Love your sense of humor, insight into human nature & candid observations. Would love to cruise with you and share some grins & giggles. We are sailing on the Dream in October and hope to have as much fun as you did on the Miracle. We sailed on the Miracle a couple or maybe three years ago when they had to change the ports because of some mechanical difficulties and lowered the balcony prices so low we could not turn it down. Had a wonderful cruise for 8 joyful days and loved everything. You definitely have the right idea about cruising and not sweating the small stuff. Just being on a ship starts my heart beating with happiness. Will look forward to your next chapter. ;)

Our sons have cabin 7260, we're on the other side in a regular balcony. We have 10 cabins around and including the aft of the veranda deck; hubby and I have one of only two cabins on the starboard side, everyone else has balcony and inside cabins up and down the port side corridor. I specifically picked the quieter side of ship ;)

I don't recall how they split up the cabin stewards but I was in 7287 and had a great cabin steward.

As for the smoking thing......I could not agree more!!! I think I said the same in my review in fact. Although I sailed the Legend it was several years ago and it was with my kids so I spent most of my deck time at the main Lido Pool areas.....so I really can't compare the new Serenity set-up vs. the aft Adult Only Pool scenario but I did think it was "off" that I could not smoke back there but could smoke where people were jammed together, eating and kiddies and even babies in strollers were all sitting. I actually felt uncomfortable at first smoking there.

Mamaskittles......I am so enjoying your review! Your written depiction is so dead-on and funny! I am laughing all over again! Actually, I am probably laughing more now after the fact because when I heard some of these stories on the cruise I felt bad for you ;)

Mama S I'm loving your review! Like you, (and some others here), I couldn't agree more about the new serenity area...what a waste! We used to be at the aft bar all the time... on my April cruises not even once.

I was in 7214 for both legs of the April cruise & my steward was one of the best I've ever had...a fellow by the name of (true story) Sherwin Williams.

Please consider booking the Miracle again for either 10/5/12 or 3/6/2013...I'd love to cruise with you!

I can't wait for more tales from your cruise ;).

Smart lady!;)

You know, my most favorite stewards (& one was female) were both on the Miracle! I have never had one who was less than very good in 9 cruises. I've had the invisible ones who are like little elves you never see, but they always did their job. Poor Mama to get the flake:rolleyes:

I don't recall how they split up the cabin stewards but I was in 7287 and had a great cabin steward.

As for the smoking thing......I could not agree more!!! I think I said the same in my review in fact. Although I sailed the Legend it was several years ago and it was with my kids so I spent most of my deck time at the main Lido Pool areas.....so I really can't compare the new Serenity set-up vs. the aft Adult Only Pool scenario but I did think it was "off" that I could not smoke back there but could smoke where people were jammed together, eating and kiddies and even babies in strollers were all sitting. I actually felt uncomfortable at first smoking there.

Mamaskittles......I am so enjoying your review! Your written depiction is so dead-on and funny! I am laughing all over again! Actually, I am probably laughing more now after the fact because when I heard some of these stories on the cruise I felt bad for you ;)

Yeah, it really makes no sense....

You are so lucky you got to sail with Mama...these are the people I love cruising with! Trying to figure out how to get both of you on a cruise with us! Victory Oct 2013, anyone???:D

I am only finishing the first formal night but have to laugh. My last cruise I was cruising with my mom for my 35th birthday. This was on the Pride and only my second cruise. I had to laugh at the part about the pictures, we had to tell the photographer at least 3 times that we were mother and son. I found myself telling everyone we met that she was my mom! So I know how your son was feeling.. lol Glad it was not only me this happened to. lol

I will keep reading I will be on the Miracle in October. My mom will be along BUT there is 8 of us on this cruise. :cool:

GREAT REVIEW!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

This is totallly unnaceptable! How dare you have a life and not keep us entertained!!! :D:D:D

Can't wait for more!!!

Mama S I'm loving your review! Like you, (and some others here), I couldn't agree more about the new serenity area...what a waste! We used to be at the aft bar all the time... on my April cruises not even once.

I was in 7214 for both legs of the April cruise & my steward was one of the best I've ever had...a fellow by the name of (true story) Sherwin Williams.

Please consider booking the Miracle again for either 10/5/12 or 3/6/2013...I'd love to cruise with you!

I can't wait for more tales from your cruise ;).

I SECOND THAT! As long as it's the 03/06/13 on as I'm sailing that one too ;)

I have cruised on the Miracle before (2008) and will be cruising on her again on October 5 - 13. I must say that as I read your review, I am NOT drinking like the previous post due to drowning my computer... I can visualize some of these things, as well as think that in October, I will have you in my mind as we traverse the decks. I laugh about the Mother/Son vs Couple issue as my son (35) and I (62) had the same issues on the Pride in March. The photog insisted we "cuddle" together... DS was stunned and I quickly said "hold on he is my son, NO cuddling" Your review is hysterical and your decriptions most amusing. I will definitely look for Vlad the "omlet man" and pray we do not have STEWART. I will never, never cruise without thinking of your comments. Thank you for the fantastic entertainment!

I have to say that this is probably the best review I have read. I cannot drink anything while reading in case I spit up over my computer. We will be on the Miracle next March, and I hope the egg guy is still there, because I will make a point of going to the station.

I can't wait till you post some more, your writing is great!

OMG Me too (about not being able to drink and read)...this is such a good review...I normally don't read the "wordy" reviews as I like reviews with lots of pic but this one had me from the first opening line and Im hooked...can't wait to finish reading it...Q

Guest LoveMyBoxer

See now OP, this is just WRONG!!! This is worse than when your favorite show goes off for the Summer! Having sailed the Miracle three prior times and two upcoming cruises on her, WE NEED MORE!!!

P.S. Hope you are OK.;)

I don't think I've ever looked forward to reading a thread as much as I've looked forward to this one. This is THE BEST REVIEW EVER! Mamaskittles, how much do I have to beg & plead for you to come on our sailing on the Miracle the week of 11/14/12? Pretty please??? We have such a quiet roll call right now -- we really need you....:D

Archived