a skittledeedoo review for you, Miracle 5/30-6/7

mamaskittles

Hi Mamaskittles friends, just wanted to let you know that Mamaskittles hasn't been feeling well, she has a head pain the size of her DS's wardrobe and hasn't been at the computer.:( She appreciates all the sweet comments you all have left and wants me to assure you that the saga will continue as soon as she feels better. Oh in case you're wondering, in addition to being soaftasylum, I'm also Sisterskittles. :D

Hi Mamaskittles friends, just wanted to let you know that Mamaskittles hasn't been feeling well, she has a head pain the size of her DS's wardrobe and hasn't been at the computer.:( She appreciates all the sweet comments you all have left and wants me to assure you that the saga will continue as soon as she feels better. Oh in case you're wondering, in addition to being soaftasylum, I'm also Sisterskittles. :D

Hello Sisterskittles!! Lovely to meet you - I sailed with mamaskittles on the Miracle and would love to sail with her - and hopefully you - again one of these days!

PLEASE tell mamskittles that LizaMM hopes she is feeling better soon! I was hoping to get in touch with her "Skitlette" and see him in the City over the weekend but I was not feeling well either. I will send him a message tomorrow but let Mama know that I'm thinking of her!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Thank you for letting us know. Please tell her that we hope she feels better.

Hope she feels better soon! Let her know that it was the title of this thread that caught my attention, and I'm just loving how she writes.

Anyone that can title it "a skittledeedoo review for you" is okay in my book! :D

Send her our best and hope she feels better

Maybe she is going through Omlet Withdrawl....:eek:

I read your review before my cruise. It was great. :D

One thing baffled me then and baffles me and DS now. The smoking set-up. I know they had to make changes. The public opinion regarding smoking is just way too biased against to not make a change. That said why on earth would you go to the trouble to create a fully seperate adults only area with a fully functioning bar, and ban smoking from this area. If that is not bad enough you then allow smoking in an enclosed area adjacent to a family pool area full of kids. Where hundreds of people bring their food trays to enjoy pizza and burgers and wienies with the kiddies. This is just dumb.

Are you listening Carnival...

Move the smoking area on Spirit class ships from the main pool areas on the starboard lido to the starboard aft area and half the aft bar in the serenity section.

Immediate revenue increase in bar sales and higher customer satisfaction from families enjoying the lido pool area with the little ones.

Mamaskittles nooooo :-( Please don't encourage them to make the serenity area a smoking area - pleassssseee.

Granted smokers should have a nice area where they can enjoy the ship and enjoy their cancer sticks, but not where people go to get away from the hairy chest contest and the kids running amuck.

Hope you're feeling better soon Mamaskittles! And thanks for the update Sisterskittles lol

Remember Mamaskittles.....MARCH 6th, 2013 would be a fantastic time for another cruise! TEN days out of NY just before she leave to Cali. I really think you should join us! LOVE LOVE LOVE your sense of humour! I soooooo hope the Omlette station dude is still there and nastier than ever! I'm dying to see him in action!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Mama, everyone wants you with them. How about going for Christmas/New Year's this year on the Miracle!!!

Loving the review so far! I'm sitting here reading this at work and laughing hysterical. People are starting to stare!!! I'm thinking about booking the Miracle for October. I wish you guys would be there. Sailing with you guys sounds like a fun time! Feel better soon.

Hi All

First a shout out to LizaMM , hey Hun - miss you!!

Loving the review too! I just logged onto CC for my second time and I may be hooked. DM's account of the events are dead on!! It was my first cruise and I can't wait to hit the open seas again! Although, I fear no future cruise will ever live up the bar mamma has set!! She is the smartest and funniest person I know. Everything good about me, I got from her!!!! Muah!

looking forward to more of your comedic recount of the best vacation ever!

Gots to go, costume change of course!!

Okay so where was I, Oh yeah the cruise.

Heeheehee just kidding I first want to apologize for the long delay in the rest of the review. I was really feeling lousy for a while. I have rested and relaxed so I am ready to continue.

I need to thank everyone for their good wishes. I felt your healing karma through cyberspace and I am sure that's what sped me on my road to recovery.

Mamaskittles nooooo :-( Please don't encourage them to make the serenity area a smoking area - pleassssseee.

Granted smokers should have a nice area where they can enjoy the ship and enjoy their cancer sticks, but not where people go to get away from the hairy chest contest and the kids running amuck.

Oh please don't worry MsMot. I really don't believe Carnival has any intention of adding smoking areas. I actually wrote that the smoking situation surprised me only because of the differing demographics in the two areas.

I mean area A-the "serenity" area is populated by only adults.

area B- the smoking area is populated by adults, children, pregnant women, babies, etc.

I know adults in a smoking area should move away from the smoke if it bothers them.

I also know being an ex-smoker that the vast majority of smokers will move away from a child, baby or pregnant woman so as not to bother them.

I only commented because the placement of an outdoor smoking area on the lido deck was a given and it seemed then and now to be an odd choice to put it smack dab in the middle of the ship where the families all hang out.

The serenity deck on spirit class ships is tucked all the way in the back where the smoke has no where to go but behind the people. There is also a LARGE shortage of seating back there which would tend to discourage hanging out and smoking. I know everyone including all the bosses at Carnival disagree but it seems to me to be a better choice.:o

Archived