Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Singapore to Shanghai June 2012

This has been a fantastic review! Thank you for all your work posting the wonderful pictures. Having never been to Singapore or any of the ports, it has been really fun to follow along.

Thanks

Sharon

Let me first explain that we have been to Hong Kong multiple times as a family. HK is a place where you ought to spend a few days. Obviously, one wouldn't have enough time during this cruise to do all the touristy things.

I will first go through what we did during this cruise, which I must say would be very different from most people, especially tourists going to HK for the first time.

Thereafter, maybe I post a few pictures from previous trips so you can get a fuller picture.

Having to tender from Junk Bay was quite a chore. Thankfully we managed to secure tender ticket number 6 and we were out on a tender quite early. We arrived Hong Kong Central Pier Number 4 at about 4:30pm in the afternoon, after a 30 minute ride.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Piers

Edited by Iluvcruising2

This has been a fantastic review! Thank you for all your work posting the wonderful pictures. Having never been to Singapore or any of the ports, it has been really fun to follow along.

Thanks

Sharon

Glad you are enjoying this.

Hope you come to Singapore and other parts of Asia some day.

This is Singapore's official tourism website -

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/experience.html

We are getting more and more happening these days. Come visit us!

The Singapore Tourism Board has a free iPhone/Andriod app. Check it out!

http://www.yoursingapore.com/guide

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Back to Hong Kong.

Central Pier Hong Kong is on Hong Kong island. We decided to make a quick trip to Victoria Peak. My wife and I hadn't been there since before our kids were born. Our kids hadn't been there. So, our plan was to visit the peak, then head back to the ship.

http://www.thepeak.com.hk/en/

The peak has a very famous peak tram. But we decided against taking the peak tram because the queues were infamously long.

So our mode of transport? Taxi! Turns out taking the taxi would be cheaper than the peak tram anyway, since there were 4 of us.

We hailed a cab from right outside the Central Pier. Got one within 5 minutes.

36eu.jpg

You can see the overhead bridge linking the IFC mall to the Central Piers. IFC stands for the International Finance Centre, Hong Kong.

http://www.ifc.com.hk/en/index.html

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Hong Kong taxis are plentiful and relatively inexpensive. The official ones are all metered and very easy to recognize. Most drivers are able to speak at least some basic English. If you have the exact address of the place you want to get to, it shouldn't be a problem.

Remember, Hong Kong is now part of China!

2cptjl0.jpg

Just left Central pier. HK is full of skyscrapers.

21brmg4.jpg

We pass IFC on the way from Central Pier to the Peak. Note, the global legacy of the late & great Mr Steve Jobs.

2n1b9kx.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

After the quite bites and taking some photos, we proceeded to take a cab back to Central Pier 4. It was about 6pm. I think we spent slightly more than an hour at the peak.

This is the taxi stand at the basement of Peak Galleria. You can see a steady inflow of cabs at this time. Many people were cabbing up to the peak.

xeicko.jpg

For info, the taxi fare was about HK$70 each way. (Peak to Central Pier 4)

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Journey back to the Pier took slightly longer as there was more traffic now.

There was a tender waiting for us and it left less than 5 minutes after we boarded. Picture from the tender. As expected, there were very few passengers going back to the ship at this time. I think it was about 7pm. The night hadn't even started but we were headed back to the ship.

34dkk5l.jpg

The sun was setting during our tender ride. Awesomely beautiful.

kbzyit.jpg

Great review. We decided due to several things to shift Asia to next year instead of this Summer. We saw Collin though for our Christmas cruise and of course he recalled us from the Legend a year ago.

Only a few days until we go see Alaska again.

Great review. We decided due to several things to shift Asia to next year instead of this Summer. We saw Collin though for our Christmas cruise and of course he recalled us from the Legend a year ago.

Only a few days until we go see Alaska again.

I believe we were on the same Legend cruise in 2011.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Some more pictures from tender ride.

You can see the Star Pisces (a small cruise ship belonging to Star Cruises) docked at Ocean Terminal. The Legend OTS docked at Ocean Terminal for our June 2011 Singapore to Shanghai cruise. (Will post some pics from that!)

Speaking of Star Cruises, I would avoid that line if you are a fan of Royal Caribbean. It is pretty much a gambling cruise line.

s2w1lw.jpg

2qk70c1.jpg

2wnspkj.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thoroughly enjoying your pictorial review - excellent way to do it. Love the ship photos as we will be on Voyager in November. Also the port photos, places we have been to and returning to next year. Singapore I know well as I lived there many years ago and enjoy returning almost every year!

Vera

These pictures from our Legend of the Seas Singapore to Shanghai cruise in June 2011. For that cruise, the ship only docked at Ocean terminal for a few hours - 5pm to midnight!

But the views from the ship were incredible!

sg25cl.jpg

72dgn8.jpg

You can see the Star Ferry terminal. Read more about the famous Star Ferries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Ferry_Pier,_Tsim_Sha_Tsui

pmyww.jpg

2vcvqio.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Our fellow Singaporean cruisers must think that we're crazy, to come back to the ship for dinner! Haha. Hong Kong is well-known for its fine cuisine and most Singaporeans would love to dine in Hong Kong. Oh well, we figured it was easier to feed our kids on the ship. Also, we wanted to get back early as the kids had been up since 0700hrs for the Dreamworks breakfast.

Dinner in the MDR was open-seating, till 8:30pm. We go there about 7:45pm. I realised that I forgot to take a photo of the dinner menu for this evening.

This was some Thai coconut fish curry with rice. It wasn't great, at least according to our palates.

hsne9w.jpg

This was some beef. Not bad.

jj1it0.jpg