Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Singapore to Shanghai June 2012

Our next stop was the Nan Pu Tuo temple. It was a very short walk from the Xiamen University. Thankfully we could speak some Mandarin, so it was easy to ask for directions. Funnily, the first couple we asked directions from told us that they were also tourists, albeit from China, haha.

The guy that finally helped us asked if we were from Singapore. We said yes. He told us that he could recognize our accent, as he had worked with Singaporean companies recently. Interesting.

ed8cm.jpg

33jphqx.jpg

Visa question please

I hold a Singapore passport, so I do not need Visas to enter the countries on this itinerary.

For the Americans, I note that you must get a Chinese visa otherwise the ship would not let you board. I bumped into one couple who had to board the ship only in Hong Kong because they were not able to get their Chinese visa on time. They were denied boarding in Singapore.

For Vietnam, I understand that the ship will get a group Visa for the passengers that require a Visa and the charge was US$49 per pax.

The above is what I understand to be the situation. Usual disclaimer applies. Please check with the authorities or cruise line.

After the temple, we took a cab to get to the shopping street called Zhongshan Lu. When translated, this means middle hill (or mountain) road.

The cab ride took about 15 minutes and cost 15 yuan.

This was taken on the cab ride.

11h52kx.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

It was a rainy day, a pity. Still, it was rather crowded.

wwm4yh.jpg

191cw8.jpg

We spent about 15 minutes and decided to head back to the ship. The weather wasn't great and nobody was in the mood to do any shopping.

We also decided to give Gu Lang Yu (Gu Lang Island) a miss. My parents had been there before and weren't too impressed. Also, it was raining.

Am thoroughly enjoying your review. We are considering Voyager for 2013 after our first child is born. We have cruised 5 previous times (including on Voyager) but all pre-kids so any information on kids services would be great. Does Voyager have a royal babies and tots?

Thanks for the great review - I know how much work goes in to them!!

Am thoroughly enjoying your review. We are considering Voyager for 2013 after our first child is born. We have cruised 5 previous times (including on Voyager) but all pre-kids so any information on kids services would be great. Does Voyager have a royal babies and tots?

Thanks for the great review - I know how much work goes in to them!!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Unfortunately the Voyager doesn't have Royal babies and Tots. I'm not sure when the Voyager is due for dry dock though.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Found in an earlier post (in 2010} that Voyager is due for dry dock in Jan 2014

There are no cruises scheduled between 12th Jan and 3rd Feb 2014 that I can find.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Melba51

Great review- thanks!

It's been a few years since I have been back to Singapore- but I always liked it & it was very clean compared to other asian countries I visited.

I can highly recommend it to anyone visiting Asia.

I love Singapore airlines as well, one of the better airlines IMO.

We are on Voyager in January to NZ, looking forward to it after enjoying Radiance earlier this year.

I love deserts as well! How did you find the Ben & Jerry's icecream parlour on Voyager- I heard it was about $4.50 per scoop?

:eek:

That's a nice looking terminal at Xiamen!

It looks like it could handle a large crowd. I take it it is built into a mall or something?

Too bad Sydney's OPT isn't more like that! Embarkation on 12th Feb 2012 had us waiting in the sun for a long while.

Can't wait for Voyager in March 2013!

Edited by marquisite

Found in an earlier post (in 2010} that Voyager is due for dry dock in Jan 2014

There are no cruises scheduled between 12th Jan and 3rd Feb 2014 that I can

Thanks. Makes sense not to go to dry dock so soon since they already had invested a few million dollars to upgrade the Voyager before it arrived in Singapore this May.

Great review- thanks!

It's been a few years since I have been back to Singapore- but I always liked it & it was very clean compared to other asian countries I visited.

I can highly recommend it to anyone visiting Asia.

I love Singapore airlines as well, one of the better airlines IMO.

We are on Voyager in January to NZ, looking forward to it after enjoying Radiance earlier this year.

I love deserts as well! How did you find the Ben & Jerry's icecream parlour on Voyager- I heard it was about $4.50 per scoop?

Come visit Singapore again! We have this new Gardens by the Bay which is awesome. Our Government spent more than a billion Singapore dollars to build it.

We didn't try the Ben & Jerry's ice cream. There was ice cream available in the MDR everyday.

Come visit Singapore again! We have this new Gardens by the Bay which is awesome. Our Government spent more than a billion Singapore dollars to build it.

We didn't try the Ben & Jerry's ice cream. There was ice cream available in the MDR everyday.

After reading your review, I am seriously thinking about a cruise on Voyager when she returns to Asia next year!

I'm sure there is loads of new things to see & do in Singapore since my last visit.

After reading your review, I am seriously thinking about a cruise on Voyager when she returns to Asia next year!

I'm sure there is loads of new things to see & do in Singapore since my last visit.

Thanks!

I am doing my part as a tourist ambassador for my country!

When was the last time you visited Singapore?

Anyway, regardless of when, do come again and you may want to visit the newly opened Gardens by the Bay - http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/home.html

I am sure it will take your breath away.