Oosterdam VH Cabins

Bojeanne

Does anyone have a photo of a VH category verandah cabin with steel railings? I booked without realizing this possibility, and now wondering if it would be worth paying a $300 pp upgrade fee for a midship guarantee. I don't care about position of the cabin, forward is fine, but how bad is having the steel panel instead of the plexiglas? Thanks for any info or comments.

Does anyone have a photo of a VH category verandah cabin with steel railings? I booked without realizing this possibility, and now wondering if it would be worth paying a $300 pp upgrade fee for a midship guarantee. I don't care about position of the cabin, forward is fine, but how bad is having the steel panel instead of the plexiglas? Thanks for any info or comments.

No photos of the VH on Oostderdam with the railings showing, but do have of one of her sister ships, Westerdam, so will be about the same:

VH 4001 Deluxe Verandah Outside Stateroom Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck

AND also check out

VF 4028 Deluxe Verandah Outside Stateroom Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck (Which also has the Steel Railings as opposed to the Plexiglass

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-4.html

Joanie

I would upgrade, I don't like that steel railing. Just my thought.

Thanks for photos and advice. I would hate to get the steel. Need to break open the piggyback and get my own upgrade.

What's the best or most effective way for doing that? We're booked for a VH and are eager for an upgrade or upsell.

What's the best or most effective way for doing that? We're booked for a VH and are eager for an upgrade or upsell.

I'm in the same situation, booked yesterday for 10 days and would really like to enjoy the view, especially from inside the room. The other problem is I just found out most VH rooms don't have a bathtub, shower only. My TA didn't tell me that.

Most people who book VH guarantees get free upgrades. Since I've been a CC member, I've only heard of two people who booked a VH guarantee that actually got assigned one. :)When we booked one we got a VB on the stern.

Archived