What are your opinions of Sindhu on Azura please?

Jo and Rob

We were lucky enough to eat at Atul Kochchar's Benares restaurant last year and absolutely loved it. We had a tasting menu that was out of this world. What sort of food is served at Sindhu? Is it a similar style? (not traditional curries but amazing foods with different spices unlike anywhere else)

I would love to know your own experiences or experiences of friends and family that have eaten there. Any recommendations? We are considering going on the last night when the children have their last club awards night so would prefer not to eat with us.

Any information is welcome. :)

It's far from your usual High Street/Town Centre Indian restaurant, and in our opinion absolutely fabulous.

I would thoroughly recommend both dinner and the lunchtime Nashta menus. On our last cruise, we ate there four times!

On our cruise last August we enjoyed the lunchtime Nashta menu, and as a consequence booked for a dinner later in the cruise. But we were very disappointed, the food was far too bland and in our opinion poorer quality than the MDR, definitely not worth the extra charge.

We loved it! Its not so much an Indian meal more like an experience!

We had an evening meal not the lunchtime one so can't comment on that.

One thing that was amusing. After being waited on by a succession of pretty girls my husband came to the conclusion that they save the most beautiful women to serve in Sindhu!!

We tried sindhu on Azura's second voyage and didnt enjoy it. It was like nouvelle cuisine and we left hungry. However we went back in May this year and it was soooo much better. Main dishes now come with breads and side dishes and they ply you with seconds. I had the prawns on the night I went and they were magnificent. They rotate the menus so check them out and book for a night when they have your favourite menu.

Sadly we were very disappointed with Sindhu, in our opinion is it very over-rated and food in the MDR or 17 was far superior. Friends we met on our last cruise much preferred the lunch-time menu. Give it a go, we all have different tastes. :)

Thanks for the information so far. Do they have a tasting menu in the evening or do all the dishes rotate? I like the comment that it is an "experience" as that is exactly what we are hoping for. :)

The tasting menu runs throuh kunchtime till about 5. Its not available in the evening. Their are two evening menus which rotate. The dates when each menu is available are printed on the menu leaflet available from the restaurant.

The tasting menu runs throuh kunchtime till about 5. Its not available in the evening. Their are two evening menus which rotate. The dates when each menu is available are printed on the menu leaflet available from the restaurant.

Does anyone know what the lunch menu costs as opposed to the evening menu? Do you have to prebook for lunch?

Jo & Rob

I've also eaten in Benares. Sindhu isn't up to the same standard but it comes close and in my mind very good value for money. As with the food served in Benares, you are able to identify the numerous spices used and there is no aftertaste. I went several times to Sindhu and enjoyed every meal - problem came in deciding what to have. It was a great way to spend the night.

I think that like Seventeen, Sindhu has 2 menus and they will try to offer both over the course of the cruise. We preferred Seventeen just down to personal taste, but feel the cover charge in Seventeen now has got a bit ridiculous.

I went to Sindhu last year and had an evening meal and it was fabulous and I came away feeling completely stuffed. In fact I would say it was one of the best Indian meals I have had. If I could have got another reservation there I would have but it was booked solid. I also had one lunch there which although was tasty, I preferred the evening meal. As stated before, on a 2 week cruise the menu will change but they show the 2 menus for each week outside the restaurant so you can see which one you would prefer.

In addition, we had several excellent lunches in the Glasshouse too. The lamb burger was excellent.

Hello

We tried Sindh on Azura last December had a wonderful meal, the

waiting staff very attentive, but we were sitting right in the far

corner not seen from the entrance, (tucked right around) and

ourselves and neighbouring tables found it very cold the A/C

could not be adjusted as centrally controlled, but has not put

us off and looking forward to revisiting again for a evening meal

next Feb and will try a table near entrance.

Archived