Just Got Off The Freedom

Robpuffdaddy

Hello all. Just got off an incredible 8 day cruise. We went to Grand Turks, San Juan, St. Main, and St. Thomas. I will be working on posting my detailed review in a few days, I promise. But if anyone had any questions please feel free to post and I will answer them all.

We are doing this cruise (but with Tortola instead of St. Maarten) next February. Hope you had a great time.

One question, do they have any of the specialty drink glasses like the Tervis tumblers or parrot cups at any of the bars on the Freedom yet? We saw them on Liberty and I know they are being rolled out Fleet wide but don't know if it is only with the 2.0 upgrades or sooner. Thanks.

We are doing this cruise (but with Tortola instead of St. Maarten) next February. Hope you had a great time.

One question, do they have any of the specialty drink glasses like the Tervis tumblers or parrot cups at any of the bars on the Freedom yet? We saw them on Liberty and I know they are being rolled out Fleet wide but don't know if it is only with the 2.0 upgrades or sooner. Thanks.

They had or at least I saw was the funnel cups, the coconut head cups, and the tube like plastic cups that have a bit of a twist in them.

How was boarding? We get on board next Saturday and I've read some complaints due to construction at Port Everglades

We were on this cruise and there was no issues at all with boarding and debarkation was a breeze doing the self disinbark at 8:45am just walked off straight to customs line maybe a 5 min wait to clear.

We are going on Saturday with 54 suprise guests that my DH does not know about. I am sweating all the details now as I want it to go smoothly.:D

So my questions are:

1. What time did you get to the pier, what time did you board?

2. It sounds like debarkation was smooth. Do you forsee any issues with us trying to get off like you did if we arrange rides for 9:15/9:30?

3. What time were your rooms ready?

4. How was the pool area? Super crowded- or easy to find chairs if you dont care about being by the pool?

I am so glad you had a fantastic trip- cant wait to read your review. I really appreciate your answers! Thanks1

We are going on Saturday with 54 suprise guests that my DH does not know about. I am sweating all the details now as I want it to go smoothly.:D

So my questions are:

2. It sounds like debarkation was smooth. Do you forsee any issues with us trying to get off like you did if we arrange rides for 9:15/9:30?

4. How was the pool area? Super crowded- or easy to find chairs if you dont care about being by the pool?

I am so glad you had a fantastic trip- cant wait to read your review. I really appreciate your answers! Thanks1

Wow, that is one heck of a cruise! Sounds like it'll be a blast! May I ask what for? Anniversary? Birthday?

Wow, that is one heck of a cruise! Sounds like it'll be a blast! May I ask what for? Anniversary? Birthday?

His 50th birthday! We have half kids and half adults- it is going to be so much fun! But I have been planning quietly for 14 months- and am so excited to not keep a secret anymore!:)

3/4 of those coming have never cruised before- so it adds another element of coordination. But should be soooo fun!

So my questions are:

1. What time did you get to the pier, what time did you board? We were at the port about 10:00-10:15, we were on board in about 30 minutes. We had VIP this cruise and we were actually the first ones on the Lido deck.

2. It sounds like debarkation was smooth. Do you forsee any issues with us trying to get off like you did if we arrange rides for 9:15/9:30? Debarkation was a bit slow due to the tropical storm. it was more of a safety issue with al lthe rain, to minimize the amount of people leaving and dealing with the rain

3. What time were your rooms ready? 12:30

4. How was the pool area? Super crowded- or easy to find chairs if you dont care about being by the pool? Pool area was tolerable. Some chair hogs but not that bad. We were out by the pool around 9 on the 3 sea days. we actually preferred the seats on the elevated levels between the main pool and the pool by the slide. This was we could lokee down and face the big screen and people watch.

Hope that helps out.

So my questions are:

My husband will turn 50 soon - what a great idea. I hadn't thought of that. Did you get any group discounts?

We were on this cruise also. We got to the port about 11:00 am and were on within 45 minutes - super easy and fast lines (just regular people - no VIP). We also did the self debarkation and were off by 7:00 am with no issues. (our only issues were with the Fort Lauderdale airport authorities - unbeiievably picky about everything, things that were fine on the trip down were not allowed on the trip back so be careful with carry on size, etc.)

Pool area did not seem to be crowded at all. I did not notice chair hogs. There were plenty of areas to find chairs.

You will love it!

Archived