Ben and Jerry Suite

We are thinking of booking this cabin for an upcoming cruise but wondered how the noise is from the promenade.

Pretty much nil. The windows are fairly thick. I wanted to be able to enjoy the parade from my promenade window, but it was all just muffled. :( The staff door beside the cabin (leads to the superbridge on the promenade), on the other hand, can get annoying with opening and closing throughout the day and night, but I was able to sleep through it fine.

Does this cabin come with priority check in?

No. There are zero suite perks aside from concierge lounge access.

Hi,

We have this cabin booked on Independence of the Seas for 6th October 2012 (next Saturday). I will give you an update when we return

Splendid, I shall check back after that date :)

Have another quick question, unrelated to this thread but, whilst your on the Indy, If Joff Eaton is your CD can you ask him if he will be on the TA sailing on the 22nd Nov?

We are and hoping he will be staying on to do it?

I am going to book this cabin on the FOS for next year, but Im waiting to book onboard in 3 weeks or if a WOW sale comes around. I want $100 OBC

People are getting hip to this cabin. I wouldn't feel comfortable

waiting three weeks.

Pretty much nil. The windows are fairly thick. I wanted to be able to enjoy the parade from my promenade window, but it was all just muffled. :( The staff door beside the cabin (leads to the superbridge on the promenade), on the other hand, can get annoying with opening and closing throughout the day and night, but I was able to sleep through it fine.

Thanks for the information.

I was not aware of the staff door issue. DH is a light sleeper, so wondering on the frequency of use overnight?

Thanks for the information.

I was not aware of the staff door issue. DH is a light sleeper, so wondering on the frequency of use overnight?

Not terrible. There's a lot of opening and closing when they're doing things on the superbridge, but otherwise it's no different than any other staff door that will have the occasional opening, you just can't say for sure whether or not it'll open at night. It is something to be aware of though. We didn't have any problems, but some people have complained and suggested bringing earplugs or something like that.

Overall we loved the "sweet" and would book it again in a heartbeat.

Not terrible. There's a lot of opening and closing when they're doing things on the superbridge, but otherwise it's no different than any other staff door that will have the occasional opening, you just can't say for sure whether or not it'll open at night. It is something to be aware of though. We didn't have any problems, but some people have complained and suggested bringing earplugs or something like that.

Overall we loved the "sweet" and would book it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the additional information (and the earplugs suggestion).

• 3 weeks later...
Splendid, I shall check back after that date :)

Have another quick question, unrelated to this thread but, whilst your on the Indy, If Joff Eaton is your CD can you ask him if he will be on the TA sailing on the 22nd Nov?

We are and hoping he will be staying on to do it?

Hi,

We got back yesterday and I can confirm we had free daily ice cream for two from B&J, concierge lounge access which included tickets for ice shows and a tour of the bridge which was pretty good.

Concierge Raj was very helpful and encouraged us to use the lounge as much as possible especially during free drinks time between 5.00 and 8.30, he also arranged shuttle bus tickets in Barcelona. All in all it was well worth it for us.

James Andrews was CD and said he left in 6 weeks which would indicate Joff will be back on board for the TA.

Thank you very much for the confirmation.

My traveling companion and I were teasing each other this weekend after disembarking from our last cruise. We would tell each other how horrible it was going to be that we'll have to eat ice cream every day and that we'll have to go to the Concierge Lounge for complimentary drinks. What a rough life we'll have next March! :D

Royal Caribbean is supposed to send out a letter to guests booked in the B&J "Sweet" detailing the perks, which does include access to the "Cowcierge Lounge". If you have booked the "Sweet" but didn't get a letter I would contact RC and ask them to mail (or at least e-mail) the letter, so you can take a copy with you on the cruise. Then if Guest Services looks at you like have lost your mind you can show your letter.

After checking numerous cruises for this cabin to be available, finally found one and booked it - October 27th, 2013! Exactly 1 year away but that's okay, it will give me something to look forward to.

The C&A representative helping me said that the representative next to her was just trying to help another person find a cruise with this cabin available. She said she was so excited for me. :D Me Too. !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
When we had the "sweet" on Liberty they had just discontinued the Concierge access. The daily ice cream made up for it. Have fun!!

Has anyone been on Liberty in recent weeks/months who stayed in the Ben/Jerry "sweet" and can advise if CL access is still part of the perks for this room? I've read it varies depending on the ship?

• 9 months later...

Just off the Liberty today in Ben and Jerry "sweet"- ice cream certificates for each of us, good for 1 ice cream each day. There was access to the concierge lounge but we needed to go to guest relations and have our key cards adjusted to open the door.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I would like to book this cabin for 2016, the month I am looking at has not come available for booking yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how fast this room is booked and whats the best way to make sure I can book it for the month we want to go?

The best way to book the stateroom is to book it as soon as Royal releases the itineraries. Just keep looking at the website several times a day.

• 1 year later...