List of Barcelona hotels

If anybody is looking for a B & B instead of a hotel there is the BCN AM B & B . It is right in the heart of Barcelona and the reviews are fantastic. I myself will be staying there on the 31/7 - 2/8 so maybe I can report more about it when i get home.

Thank you very much for this compilation. We stayed at the Practik Ramblas earlier this week and thought it was a marvelous hotel--great location, helpful people at the reception desk, and cool architecture. We'd gladly stay there again.

Just wanted to say WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! So many of us look online, do research to find a hotel in the right area or in a certain price range etc. If you have never been before then you rely on whatever information you can collect, and sometimes there is not much to be found. This will be so helpful to many, they should really make a "sticky" for it.

Maybe you will start something here. Here's hoping that maybe someday we will be able to access & find similar list of hotels in the same manner for other cities/countries in these message boards.

I for one, just want to let you know your effort & work is appreciated. Everytime I plan a vacation I have spent endless hours on the computer doing research...so I know what time is involved, so to share that with others...well, its awesome!!

Thanks for taking the time to help others :)

Just wanted to say WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! So many of us look online, do research to find a hotel in the right area or in a certain price range etc. If you have never been before then you rely on whatever information you can collect, and sometimes there is not much to be found. This will be so helpful to many, they should really make a "sticky" for it.

Maybe you will start something here. Here's hoping that maybe someday we will be able to access & find similar list of hotels in the same manner for other cities/countries in these message boards.

I for one, just want to let you know your effort & work is appreciated. Everytime I plan a vacation I have spent endless hours on the computer doing research...so I know what time is involved, so to share that with others...well, its awesome!!

Thanks for taking the time to help others :)

Thank you for your comments :)

I have asked for it to be a sticky but it has not been made one (yet).

The downside of being a 'sticky' as a lot of people don't look at them. I have put the link in my signature so that those who have signatures switched on can see it. So far it has remained on page one by being fairly active. While that continues to be the case there is no need to make it a sticky.

I am adding information to the list all the time. Although I only tend to add factual information like distance from metro etc and facilities at the hotel not that someone enjoyed it. There is Trip Advisor for things like that.

If anyone has any facts to add about a hotel, let me know and I will add them (please keep it short)

Wonderful list. Thank you so much for posting it.

Which hotel would you recommend for a family of 3 who , due to flight , only has enough time to visit Sagrada Familia and La Ramblas prec-cruise.

Our budget is around 100-150 euro/night.

Hotel or apartment will be OK.

Many thanks

Wonderful list. Thank you so much for posting it.

Which hotel would you recommend for a family of 3 who , due to flight , only has enough time to visit Sagrada Familia and La Ramblas prec-cruise.

Our budget is around 100-150 euro/night.

Hotel or apartment will be OK.

Many thanks

Is the family three adults or 2 adults + child? If child, what age?

When will you be there?

How long will you be there?

You can stay just about anywhere in Barcelona and still easily visit both Sagrada Familia and Las Ramblas.

Staying in a hotel near either of these will be more expensive.

Your budget is quite low for 3 people so you might like to look at a hotel near a metro station away from the city centre.

I guess I can can always raise our budget to 150-200 euro.

But I do think it is a little high for only one night. But please, feel frre to suggest any hotel/apartment that you might think of.

Should I stay close to Ramblas or Sagrada Familia?

Since we only have a day (actually, afternoon and evening), we will only have time to see the Sagrada and then stroll La Ramblas and get dinner.

Thanks

I guess I can can always raise our budget to 150-200 euro.

But I do think it is a little high for only one night. But please, feel frre to suggest any hotel/apartment that you might think of.

Should I stay close to Ramblas or Sagrada Familia?

Since we only have a day (actually, afternoon and evening), we will only have time to see the Sagrada and then stroll La Ramblas and get dinner.

Thanks

Here are a few suggestions for you to look at. As your daughter is 14 it will count as 3 adults

Husa Tres Torres

Barcelona House

Guitart Grand Passage

Lleó

Atenea Calabria Aparthotel

Barcelo Hotel Atenea Mar

Mariano Cubi Barcelona Aparthotel

Regencia Colón

Husa Illa

How about bcn am? 90 euros a double room and 60 euros for a single totalling 150 euros but you get a room each.. no sharing and excellent reviews.

bcn am is it's name but it's a B & B not a hotel. We are staying there at the end of this month. When you get to the top of the Ramblas you turn right and it's about 50 yards along. It only has 5 rooms which isn't to everybodys liking but you are sure of a restful sleep because it isn't noisy.

Which hotel is it? bcn am???

Thanks

Bcn AM is a B&B and not a classified hotel. I have only included classified hotels in my list.

It only has 5 rooms but is very highly rated by those who have stayed there.

Edit to say. blackpool belle you posted while I was typing. Do let us know what you think of it

Bcn AM is a B&B and not a classified hotel. I have only included classified hotels in my list.

It only has 5 rooms but is very highly rated by those who have stayed there.

Edit to say. blackpool belle you posted while I was typing. Do let us know what you think of it

Yes Carol, I did just say in my post it is a B & B not a hotel. I am definitely going to write a review about it when I get back from the cruise. I didn't realise your list was for hotels only.

Sorry to ask again but you seem to know alot about Barcelona

Any good hotel/apartment within walking distance to Sagrada Familia?

There are not many hotels in the immediate area of Sagrada Familia. They are mainly apartments (I do not know much about the apartments).

Ayre Hotel Rosellon is quite near but I do not think they do triple rooms. You could ask them if they would put an extra bed in a double room. If not you would need 2 rooms and that would cost a lot more.

Why do you want to be in walking distance of SF? As I said before, I would stay somewhere where you can easily travel to SF when you want to visit there.

Sagrada Familia is not very near the other places in Barcelona that you would want to see but it is quite easy to get to from other parts of central Barcelona.

Thanks for all the research/info on the hotels. We're booked at the Marina View B&B for a couple of days in late October. It has good recommendations on TAdv for location, price, etc. We've been to Barcelona a couple of times but there are still things we haven't seen; e.g., Park Guell. Also wonder if we should take the train to Sitges? It's an excursion on most of the cruise ships and sounds like a quaint beach town to visit altho we really aren't interested in swimming. Just something different for one day. Any recommendations, Sitges or anywhere else? Appreciate your advice.

Hi Carol

Can you help us chose one between these hotels..

Hesperia Ramblas

Hotel Denit

Arc Las Ramblas

or Barcelona Universal

I am going round and round trying to decide for one night post cruise.

We want clean, close to Las Ramblas as we want to be able to walk everywhere and reasonable price(who doesnt?;))

Thanks so much for your help

Hi Carol

Can you help us chose one between these hotels..

Hesperia Ramblas

Hotel Denit

Arc Las Ramblas

or Barcelona Universal

I am going round and round trying to decide for one night post cruise.

We want clean, close to Las Ramblas as we want to be able to walk everywhere and reasonable price(who doesnt?;))

Thanks so much for your help

I don't really want to get into recommending individual hotels unless I have personally stayed there. I have not stayed at any of these.

My intention is to provide all the facts I can about all the hotels and allow people to choose for themselves or let others who have stayed there comment.

Go to my hotel list, click on the hotel name and this will take you to the hotel's website. Also have a look on Trip Advisor and see what others have to say. Then you can choose which suits you best as far as price and location.

The only thing I would say here is that the Barcelona Universal usually has a minimum of 2 nights stay. You might want to check this for your actual dates.

I learned that some places have a min. 3 night stay (though advertised 2 night stay or more)

Where I am aware of this I have put it in my hotel list. If anyone is aware of any other hotels with a minimum stay please let me know.

Some hotels have minimum stays at certain times of the year. Especially at fiesta and other busy times.

The only way to be sure if a hotel allows a one or two night stay when you want to go there is to try booking it.

I don't really want to get into recommending individual hotels unless I have personally stayed there. I have not stayed at any of these.

My intention is to provide all the facts I can about all the hotels and allow people to choose for themselves or let others who have stayed there comment.

Go to my hotel list, click on the hotel name and this will take you to the hotel's website. Also have a look on Trip Advisor and see what others have to say. Then you can choose which suits you best as far as price and location.

The only thing I would say here is that the Barcelona Universal usually has a minimum of 2 nights stay. You might want to check this for your actual dates.

I understand totally. I have done all the things you suggest that is why before I booked I wanted a second opinion. But no problem. I thought you might have had some personal experience.

Archived