Port transfers

Evertonian64

First time on HAL. I am visiting a few European ports in July, Lisbon, Cadiz, Cartagena etc. and wanted to know if HAL provide transfers into town normally. Most of the ports seem to be near the docking area so it is not a big problem but knowing would help. I appreciate that each port may be different ( Rome is a long way from the port and I would not expect a transfer).

However if anyone knows if they normally do this I would be grateful. It does not seem to be on their website.

Definitely not in Lisbon or Cadiz. You don't need one in Cadiz because the distance into town is very short.

Cartagena is in Colombia so if HAL provided a shuttle there from a European port, it would be known as a transatlantic. :D

Sometimes there will be shuttle buses availiable for $3 to $5 in European ports.

Cartagena is in Colombia so if HAL provided a shuttle there from a European port, it would be known as a transatlantic.
Cartagena is also in Spain, on the south-east coast. It was established about 1,300 years before the one in Colombia.

I've never known HAL to provide a free shuttle in any port, although the locals (Chamber of Commerce, Port Authority, etc.) might - check on line travel guides for those places.

Also look thru the shore excursions for your trip to see if there is a shuttle service listed.

Definitely not in Lisbon or Cadiz. You don't need one in Cadiz because the distance into town is very short.

Cartagena is in Colombia so if HAL provided a shuttle there from a European port, it would be known as a transatlantic. :D

Cartagena in Spain is very doable from where the ship docks. You can walk to the top of the hill and get a spectacular view. The old bullfighting arena is on your way and was under reconstruction in 2010..The vantage point also overlooks an old Roman arena. To climb the hill turn to your right off the pier and walk along the wall until you come to the intersection where you can walk up the hill. Follow the crowd.

The Spanish made a habit of naming New World cities after cities in their homeland, much the same as the British and French did in North

America.

The Spanish made a habit of naming New World cities after cities in their homeland, much the same as the British and French did in North

America.

But at least the British and French often stuck a "New" or "Nouvelle" in front of it! ;)

Forgot to mention that the NA docked right in the centre of old Cadiz. Can't get much closer.

The White Villages are a worthwhile excursion and you get back in time to explore Cadiz.

Thanks for the info. I knew that some of the ports were close to the docks but it is good to know if the ones that are not have shuttles. As I said it is not a big problem and once again thanks for the info. and as pointed out Cartagena is in Spain.:)

I've never known HAL to provide a free shuttle in any port, although the locals (Chamber of Commerce, Port Authority, etc.) might - check on line travel guides for those places.

Also look thru the shore excursions for your trip to see if there is a shuttle service listed.

Actually last year we had a complimentary shuttle - from the ship. When we missed St. Tropez the captain changed our itinerary to an overnight in Barcelona and announced that they (HAL) would be providing a complimentary shuttle for the two days:D I think it might have been to atone for St. Tropez - not sure - but it was clearly stated that the shuttle was being provided by the ship and could only be used by Prinsendam passengers:)

Archived