Luggage

Jsaxm

Ok, so I understand you put your luggage outside of your room on the last night of the cruise and it magically gets taken away. How and where do you get your luggage when you get off the ship? Is there a luggage recovery area like at the airport?

We're going to be on the Spirit to Alaska, round trip from Seattle, if that affects the responses.

Thanks!

Yep- but every port is a little different. Usually you will leave the ship when your zone is called and that's supposed to coincide with when your luggage will be available. Some ports have carousals (sp?) like at the airport. I think once the luggage was just dropped off in a certain area and we walked around to look for it.

Hopefully, it's in the right section according to zone number! Sometimes it's not - that's one of the reasons why I like to be some of the last people off the ship, most of the luggage is gone by then, makes it easier to find your bag if it's in the wrong spot.

I was a port that had a few separate conveyer belts. They had them marked with different zones and it was great.

Once I was one of the last off the ship and was waiting for my luggage. There was a woman yelling and complaining to the porter, that the ship lost her bag like as if it was everything she owned. I heard her telling the porter "It's a big bright orange bag with a yellow scarf, Its not here Ive been standing here and all of Zone 1-6 luggage is gone!" I politely walked over to her and said "is that your bright bag way over there on the last belt? You could clearly see the obnoxious bag all the way across the terminal. Then she threw another hissy fit because it was on the wrong conveyer and she was too lazy to walk over and check the other belts.

So moral of this story. It can be anywhere in that luggage pick up area. Sometimes you just have to walk your lazy butt around to find it, get over it. :D LOL

to call the belts at the Port of Miami a carousel is like calling a porterhouse a little bit of beef. I didn't manage to get a pic, but WOW is that a lot of conveyor belts!

We did the luggage express program... best 25 bucks i spent - not having to haul our 6 checked bags around while we did some sight seeing in miami no having to check in at the FLL airport when we were done!

to call the belts at the Port of Miami a carousel is like calling a porterhouse a little bit of beef. I didn't manage to get a pic, but WOW is that a lot of conveyor belts!

We did the luggage express program... best 25 bucks i spent - not having to haul our 6 checked bags around while we did some sight seeing in miami no having to check in at the FLL airport when we were done!

Where can I find info on the luggage express program?

Archived