Celebrity Reflection

Dear Guests

We are interested in sharing everything about Celebrity Reflection and her journey to her maiden voyage with you, including answering your specific questions and providing updates with details as they are revealed. What makes Celebrity Reflection special and different are various features, some of which are not yet public. We can tell you that she is currently scheduled to be completed on time, and she will have Alcoves. As she makes her progress forward our blog is an environment to provide updated photos and behind the scenes information. We hope you'll take part in our celebration of her and continue to let us know what you want to read about and know.

Celebrity Cruises

Could you make them face the ocean rather than the lawn please? It would make a lot more sense. :):)

I hope you can answer a couple of questions regarding our ta cruise. Perhaps these items haven't been decided yet, but I thought I would ask anyway. By the way, thanks for the reply regarding my question about the promenade deck. Okay - here goes. Question 1: Someone on our thread posted that our formal nights are going to be the 19th, 25 and 29th. I am a bit confused with the 19th date as that is our first full day and we are in the port of Palma de Mallorca from 8am until 5pm. I have never been on a cruise with a formal night scheduled on a port day. The next day, the 20th, we are at sea all day and to me that would be choice for our first formal night. Can you clear this up - or has this even been discussed yet? Question 2: Since we will be cruising during the American holiday of Thanksgiving, will there be a traditional Thanksgiving dinner served that Thursday the 22nd? Question 3: Since we were lucky enough to get military fares, I want to make sure we bring the proper paperwork for that. I have gotten mixed info. Do we need to bring my husbands original, certified DD-214 or will a copy that has been notarized work? Other than that - just counting down the days until we have the extreme pleasure and delight of cruising on the new Reflection. We are so excited! Thanks, Barb :o

Dear Guests

We are interested in sharing everything about Celebrity Reflection and her journey to her maiden voyage with you, including answering your specific questions and providing updates with details as they are revealed. What makes Celebrity Reflection special and different are various features, some of which are not yet public. We can tell you that she is currently scheduled to be completed on time, and she will have Alcoves. As she makes her progress forward our blog is an environment to provide updated photos and behind the scenes information. We hope you'll take part in our celebration of her and continue to let us know what you want to read about and know.

Celebrity Cruises

Sorry, but I don't see what you are getting at. She looks very similar to her sisters, and not a bit like that ugly NCL Epic monstrosity. Here are photos taken at virtually the same angle of Reflection and Solstice at just about the same state of completion. The first is Reflection, the second is Solstice. They look nearly identical. If anything, the Solstice looks more Epic"ish" than Reflection. And finally a photo of Epic for comparison.

celebrity%20reflection2012_27_06.jpgcelebrity%20solstice%201.JPGEpic.jpg

I agree Reflections looks nothing like the NCL monstrosity! The Epic has to be one of the ugliest ships afloat!:eek:

We booked this cruise last November and are looking forward to meeting everyone.

We have booked two tours for groups of 8 and have a few openings if interested.

Nov. 14th Port of Naples/Salerno - Ravello, Amalfi & Positano - 4 seats left

Nov. 15th Port of Rome/Civitavecchia - Rome Highlights - 2 seats left

You can check these out on www.romeinlimo.com. Just go to join a group and it will bring up existing tours. Ours is under Steele for the above dates.

Kindest Regards,

Lois & Jim Steele

• 3 weeks later...

What cellular system will Reflection have and do any of the suites have internet access or is it just in the business center? We are booked in a RS, originally in the Signature suite and became concerned about noise from the club next door, how is Reflction mitigating that situation?

What date is Reflection expected to be ready for sailing? Is there anything like a test after completion?

Below is from the builder's web site at http://www.meyerwerft.de

Fifth ship for Celebrity Cruises to leave the building dock

Celebrity Reflection berthed in Yard Harbour

On early Sunday morning of 12 August the Celebrity Reflection, the new cruise ship for the US cruise company Celebrity Cruises (Miami), will be floated out of the covered building dock II of MEYER WERFT, assisted by tugs. The float-out will start around 7.30 a.m. By 9 a.m. the ship will be berthed at the pier. Then a crane will put the signal mast in place, which will be installed in the following. Several tests and trials will take place on board all day. In the evening the two funnels are supposed to be mounted.

With the ship being berthed at the yard's pier, the remaining interior finishing work as well as tests and trials will be carried out in the next few weeks. Once the float-out is completed, the first crew members will move into their quarters on board. The Celebrity Reflection will stay berthed at the pier of MEYER WERFT until the Ems conveyance. She will be the maritime backdrop for the Papenburg Festival 2012 which will take place on the premises next to MEYER WERFT on 8 September.

The Celebrity Reflection is likely to be conveyed to the sea trials port of Eemshaven (NL) between 16 and 18 September, where she will be delivered to the Owner as scheduled. The detailed time schedule for the conveyance will be released at short notice.

The 126,000-gt cruise ship Celebrity Eclipse is 319 m long and 37.40 m wide. In 1,515 cabins more than 3,030 passengers can be accommodated. She can reach a speed of 23 knots. She is the only ship among her four sisters that has 16 decks rather than 15, which increases the number of cabins by another 72, and provides more space in the theatre and in the restaurants.

This tread was started by Celebrity asking us if we had questions about Reflection. I had high hopes for some interesting information about the new ship. But, other than some CC members posting information, the response by Celebrity has been an enormous disappointment. Get our hopes up, then do nothing, absolutely nothing, to satisfy those hopes. The blog page they have set up is totally void of useful information for other than the very rich who can afford the highest priced suites on board. A total waste. What a joke!

Celebrity should be ashamed with how poorly they have followed up on a topic they themselves started. :(

Does anybody mentioned already, that Quasar will be removed on Reflection?

The deck plan shows the coference center now.

It´s kind of strange that X tries to attract younger crowds-one negative side effect for example is the loud techno music at the pool and everywhere else instead of nice live band music at the pool like in the past- and then removes the club on the ship.

I found it to be a very cool space with its funky retro design and of course the only place with some action on the ship after show- and dinnertime.

Interesting that they insist on places like cellar masters instead even on the refurbished ships...

Does anybody mentioned already, that Quasar will be removed on Reflection?

The deck plan shows the coference center now.

It´s kind of strange that X tries to attract younger crowds-one negative side effect for example is the loud techno music at the pool and everywhere else instead of nice live band music at the pool like in the past- and then removes the club on the ship.

I found it to be a very cool space with its funky retro design and of course the only place with some action on the ship after show- and dinnertime.

Interesting that they insist on places like cellar masters instead even on the refurbished ships...

Sadly, on our Solstice cruise 2 years ago, Quasar was dead. I don't care personally, but my 22 year old DD said there was never anyone in there except staff. This was on a 7 night Caribbean in March, so I would have expected a relatively young demographic on that cruise. Not sure why it wasn't popular on that cruise.

What cell phone service will be used on the Reflection while at sea? Our Verizon phones always worked on Celebrity ships until we sailed on the Silhouette. Per Verizon, they do not provide service for the Silhouette because it uses On Waves instead of Maritime Wireless. Which will the Reflection use?

I called Celebrity directly and asked. Their response was Reflection (like all the other celebrity ships) is showing only Maritime wireless and NOT On Waves. So I'm not sure what happened on the Silhouette.

I called Celebrity directly and asked. Their response was Reflection (like all the other celebrity ships) is showing only Maritime wireless and NOT On Waves. So I'm not sure what happened on the Silhouette.

What cell phone service will be used on the Reflection while at sea? Our Verizon phones always worked on Celebrity ships until we sailed on the Silhouette. Per Verizon, they do not provide service for the Silhouette because it uses On Waves instead of Maritime Wireless. Which will the Reflection use?

According to the ON-WAVE.COM website Celebrity is not a customer. Verizon does not list Silhouette or Reflection as covered ships, but this could be a lack of timely updates to the list.

According to the ON-WAVE.COM website Celebrity is not a customer. Verizon does not list Silhouette or Reflection as covered ships, but this could be a lack of timely updates to the list.

Thats not true, they are a customer with the Eclipse and Silhouette. These are the last 2 new ships, so it could be a good bet that Reflection will be added.

Thats not true, they are a customer with the Eclipse and Silhouette. These are the last 2 new ships, so it could be a good bet that Reflection will be added.

Yep, you are absolutely correct. I somehow missed that when I checked this morning. I think I need to make an appointment with my eye doctor! :(

Wireless Maritime Services lists only Solstice and Equinox, so it appears that providers have been switched. Interesting note - Wireless Maritime is a joint venture between AT&T and MTN Satellite Communications. I wonder if Verizon had anything to do with the change because it was dependent on a service partly owned by a direct competitor?

Eclipse and Silhouette weren't the last two ships...Equinox and Silhouette were, until Reflection :-)

Sailing December 15th and wanted to understand when formal night would be? Also, how are the C2 balcony rooms configured (i.e. bed by bath or bed by balcony?

Beds usually alternate within each class, so it would be dependent on your stateroom number.

For example the furthest out cabin on a hump (I'm using a 1A as example) is bed near the bath. so the 2nd cabin on the hump has bed near balcony, 3rd has bed near bath, etc.

Also if the cabin has an upper berth (denoted with an icon on the plan) that will be bed by the bath to accomodate the upper berth.

Eclipse and Silhouette weren't the last two ships...Equinox and Silhouette were, until Reflection :-)

Ship Entered service

Celebrity Solstice 2008 2850 122,000 GT Malta

Celebrity Equinox 2009 2850 122,000 GT Malta

Celebrity Eclipse 2010 2850 122,000 GT Malta

Celebrity Silhouette 2011 2886 122,000 GT Malta

I sure hope some kind soul will help me. I posted this in a separate thread, but got no response, so I'll try here.

Currently have courtesy holds on both 6308 (SV) and 1415 (C1).

Am I right in assuming that 1415 is one of the slightly larger aft verandas?

I do love the aft verandas, and since both of these we are holding are aft . .do you CC experts here have a preference of 1415(C1) over 6308 (SV)?

Thanks in advance for your good advice and opinions.

Ship Entered service

Celebrity Solstice 2008 2850 122,000 GT Malta

Celebrity Equinox 2009 2850 122,000 GT Malta

Celebrity Eclipse 2010 2850 122,000 GT Malta

Celebrity Silhouette 2011 2886 122,000 GT Malta

Oh wow, my apologies. I don't know why I thought that Equinox was in that slot. Thanks! For some reason when I sailed her i thought she was in her 2nd year not her 3rd. :-)

Oh wow, my apologies. I don't know why I thought that Equinox was in that slot. Thanks! For some reason when I sailed her i thought she was in her 2nd year not her 3rd. :-)

Its ok, i,m jealous you get to go on Reflection before me. :-)

Archived