Celebrity Reflection

I posted this comment on the "All things Reflection" thread, but maybe it should have been posted here for Celebrity to answer:

I found a website that describes some of the aspects of Reflection that make it different than her sisters http://www.ship-technology.com/proje...ruise-ship-us/ . One comment that caught my eye was this: "On average, all standard cabins will be more spacious than those on the previous four vessels."

I am curious what that means. To the Celebrity representative - does this mean the standard cabins are larger than her sisters? :confused:

Will Reflection suites allow more than two in a room or will they follow the current policy in regular AQ rooms of only two person occpancy...

I would like to get an answer from someone at Celebrity, if you go to the web site you are able to make a phantom reservation in the AQ suites for more than two people.

Hopefully Celebrity will answer. But, I can't book an AQ Suite for more than 2 people. What cruise were you able to do this?

What do mean by the alcoves?

Den

Hi Denny,

It's the private Cabanas introduced on Silhouette. It's an excellent question, as many past Guests have reported they aren't used much, especially on Port Days. I'd like to know if they will offered on Reflection as well.

While I like the Alcove concept in theory, I cannot understand why Loungers are not offered. For what they are charging, there should be a choice of Loungers or Chairs. If Celebrity were to offer any combination of onboard promotions, or advance booking discounts and/or additional amenities for Captains Club members (with larger discounts for Elite Members), they would have no problem keeping the Alcoves busy.

Here's the information on the Alcoves : http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SI

Are you keeping the alcoves. Never have seen anyone use them. The seem useless to me.

I'm interested in this question as well. Should be clear to Celebrity that these are not working.

And for Denny and others that might wonder what the alcoves are. They are the cabana set-up on the lawn which you can hire. Problem is they are facing the lawn, thereby no privacy and no seaview.

Hi Denny,

It's the private Cabanas introduced on Silhouette. It's an excellent question, as many past Guests have reported they aren't used much, especially on Port Days. I'd like to know if they will offered on Reflection as well.

thanks Andy.

Den

I'm interested in this question as well. Should be clear to Celebrity that these are not working.

And for Denny and others that might wonder what the alcoves are. They are the cabana set-up on the lawn which you can hire. Problem is they are facing the lawn, thereby no privacy and no seaview.

I'm a novice cruiser, but that was the part that confused me. I was quite excited when I initially read about the Alcoves and fully planned to rent one for one of the days on my cruise, but then I realized that they faced inward and not towards the ocean, and that idea went straight out the window. Such a fantastic idea ruined by poor execution, IMO. C'est la vie.

Celebrity Reflection is really taking shape at the shipyard and we can hardly wait for her launch later this year. Tell us what you'd like to know about the ship.

I dont mind being surprised.;) I know it will be beautiful! I cant wait to check it out hopefully Christmas..

I posted this comment on the "All things Reflection" thread, but maybe it should have been posted here for Celebrity to answer:

I found a website that describes some of the aspects of Reflection that make it different than her sisters http://www.ship-technology.com/proje...ruise-ship-us/ . One comment that caught my eye was this: "On average, all standard cabins will be more spacious than those on the previous four vessels."

I am curious what that means. To the Celebrity representative - does this mean the standard cabins are larger than her sisters? :confused:

humm..spacious could just mean a re-arranging of furnishings couldn't it? Smaller bed? No closet? :p JK! The deck plans are the same arent they?

humm..spacious could just mean a re-arranging of furnishings couldn't it? Smaller bed? No closet? :p JK! The deck plans are the same arent they?

Well, there are typically three rows of staterooms throughout the length of these ships - one on each side with balconies, and one inside. With an increase in width of 3 feet, each row of staterooms could have an extra foot of length, or about 8 more square feet of space. Or the balconies could be 1-1/2 feet deeper, increasing that space enough to be able to use loungers.

Just thinking!

Ummm, from the pictures from the shipyard it has a NCL Epic"ish" front end. Doesn't look as ascetically pleasing as her sisters. Now maybe thats because its still in dry dock but its looking kinda funky too me:eek:

Ummm, from the pictures from the shipyard it has a NCL Epic"ish" front end. Doesn't look as ascetically pleasing as her sisters. Now maybe thats because its still in dry dock but its looking kinda funky too me:eek:

Sorry, but I don't see what you are getting at. She looks very similar to her sisters, and not a bit like that ugly NCL Epic monstrosity. Here are photos taken at virtually the same angle of Reflection and Solstice at just about the same state of completion. The first is Reflection, the second is Solstice. They look nearly identical. If anything, the Solstice looks more Epic"ish" than Reflection. And finally a photo of Epic for comparison.

celebrity%20reflection2012_27_06.jpgcelebrity%20solstice%201.JPGEpic.jpg

Thanks for your post librarylady you are great with all the info....;)

Quasar nightclub/disco has been replaced by a conference centre, will there be a new nightclub venue.....:(

The pool grill does not show on the deck plans has this been replaced also...:confused:

Celebrity Reflection is really taking shape at the shipyard and we can hardly wait for her launch later this year. Tell us what you'd like to know about the ship.

Just wondering if "Celebrity Cruises", the Manager, Social Media ~ Celebrity Web Innovations Team, is coming back to answer our questions they asked for?

It's good others have provided responses, but would like to hear from an actual Celebrity manager.

Den

Andy,

Thanks for posting the link here. Missed it before.

We are also on the Venice to Barcelona and Barcelona to Miami cruises.

Linda

Yes! should be a grand time....and a good reason to be watchiing how the Reflection construction is going!

looking forward to meeting up.

Den

Yes! should be a grand time....and a good reason to be watchiing how the Reflection construction is going!

looking forward to meeting up.

Den

Den,

Can't wait to sail on the Reflection and to meet everyone. Sent the links posted here to John. The Med and TA will be his first Celebrity cruises.

Linda

I had heard there is a secret restaurant they are about to reveal. Is this true? Not the Lawn Club, its something else.

Really, but yes on the deck plans future cruise sales/capt Club is now on deck 12. So what will be on deck 5.........:confused:

Dear Guests

Thanks to all of you for your questions, comments, answers and inquiries. Starting this week we will be posting responses and updates about Reflection to respond to your queries, and also, to provide information that will help you see the reasons why we consider her a magnificent new addition to the fleet. We hope to offer a few surprises and treats during the process. We're excited and want you to share that journey of anticipation with us. Stay tuned for announcements and again, thanks for sharing.

Social Media Manager

We would like to have more information about wheelchair/mobility accessibility on the ship. Will more than one pool and hot tub have a lift or perhaps use zero degree access? Which ones will have a lift?

How about the tendering system? Will there be a platform and perhaps hopefully a system such as Holland America has which has a tendering mechanism or are you still relying on crew to handle the transfer of manual wheelchairs/people.

Will there be automatic door openers on not only the wheelchair accessible cabins, but also on any of the doors which lead out to the deck, especially the pool deck area? Will there be any decks without elevator access?

How many family/companion bathrooms are there--at least one of each deck and hopefully on the same deck as the dining room?

We love the elevator access that the Solstice had to permit a single wheelchair to go down to the first floor front of the theatre. Will the Reflection also have this (and perhaps just a little bigger, as it is a very tight fit). Wheelchairs are so often relegated to the back, which makes it very difficult to watch a movie or to see the show, especially if you also have visual difficulty.

Since this is a brand new ship, we hope that there will be more thought/improvements to accessibility--Solstice was very nice, but still room for improvement.

Archived