Need help understanding the deal with sodas and other beverages onboard.

RuxieGirl

You're right about Coke being different, but we LOVE it in Mexico. There's a restaurant in our area that imports their Coke from Mexico. :p

It's because they still use sugar in Mexico (and the same in Canada). Here in the US they use high fructose corn syrup. Our son was very sensitive to HFCS when he was younger and we used to cross the Canadian/US border to buy him Canadian Pepsi.

Coke products are not the same the world over. They vary greatly from place to place, I don't much like the ones you get in Mexico. If you're picky (like me) you might want to try one before you get stuck with a 12 pack of something you don't like.

You're right about Coke being different, but we LOVE it in Mexico. There's a restaurant in our area that imports their Coke from Mexico. :p

The reason is because they use real sugar to make their Coke in Mexico and a different kind of sugar substitute so the "Coke Light" tastes different than Diet Coke that you get in the states.

It's because they still use sugar in Mexico (and the same in Canada). Here in the US they use high fructose corn syrup. Our son was very sensitive to HFCS when he was younger and we used to cross the Canadian/US border to buy him Canadian Pepsi.
The throwback versions of Pepsi and Mountain Dew that are made with sugar are readily available in the states.

Don't recall seeing it posted yet but if you do decide to get the Bottomless Bubbles sticker, make sure you do it on Embarkation day or the day after - after the first full cruise day, you can't purchase it anymore.....

Is this something new? I went on an 8 day cruise in 08 and I didn't buy my card until the 5th or 6th night. They reduced the price so I was only paying for the remaining days of the cruise. It was about $6 per day.

Is this something new? I went on an 8 day cruise in 08 and I didn't buy my card until the 5th or 6th night. They reduced the price so I was only paying for the remaining days of the cruise. It was about $6 per day.

You are the first person I have ever seen post that they were able to do this after the first full sea day. .. so I dont know how new this is that they dont sell it later in the week.

You are the first person I have ever seen post that they were able to do this after the first full sea day. .. so I dont know how new this is that they dont sell it later in the week.

I remember going to a bar by the pool and getting it for the remaining two days. I don't see why they wouldn't. It is still the same price per day, just pro rated for the remaining days. I hope it wasn't a mistake and I can still do this when I run out of the soda I bring on board.

DD likes to order Shirley Temples and those are covered with the soda sticker.

We use the ice cream bar and milk to make milk shakes. We carry a special "fancy" plastic cocktail glass purchased at the dollar store and our DGD has milkshakes in the theater while we have our cocktails each evening. We keep milk on ice in our room for this purpose. :p

We use the ice cream bar and milk to make milk shakes. We carry a special "fancy" plastic cocktail glass purchased at the dollar store and our DGD has milkshakes in the theater while we have our cocktails each evening. We keep milk on ice in our room for this purpose. :p

Forget my kid, I may have to try that!! :D

Archived