Goody Basket?

jeansaussie1

In March on the Splendor we did not have the goody bowl, no bowl at all.

When leaving the cabin to debark I heard some lady asking if they could take the actual bowl with them :eek:

I kind of missed seeing what was in it. Probably should have asked for it.

I loved those razors too but have never bought them.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think they are intended for the nose.

(so very sorry . . . the bad joke was one I simply couldn't pass up. Definitely zero offense intended) :o

that was hilarious, don. :D

I miss the goody things too. But, Carnival can't give us those manufacturer samples if the manufacturer doesn't provide them.(likely a cost cut by them).

Exactly! I would bet money that Carnival NEVER paid a dime for the samples. The manufacturer(s) chooses to distribute samples in hopes that millions of people will try them, be satisfied with them, and ultimately choose to purchase them. Familiarity with a product name/logo causes us to choose that familiar name/logo. Brand recognition is HUGE. (At least for suckers like me)

By the way.... Do 9 out of 10 dentists REALLY prefer Oral B toothbrushes....

Or do 9 out of 10 dentists' offices receive free Oral B product to hand out to their clients after the end of each visit?

There have been several threads about the goody basket and when stewards were asked about them, they were told that they were being done away with due hence the reason for the cutback comment.

I haven't seen anyone lately get any of the good stuff we used to get - and I still have that five blade razor. Just too cheap to buy the refill cartridges!

On our May cruise on the Splendor our steward told us they were being done away with but he'd see if there were any leftovers he could get for us. The next day he brought us a small brown paper bag with breathe-right strips, toothpaste samplers and shampoo/conditioner.

He was the same person who told us they were doing away with ice buckets being a standard amenity in the cabin...and refills of ice only if you ask for them.

What we had on Freedom in May looks similar to what is pictured in post #24, and I think we had Breathe Right strips too.

I like those Bic Soleil razors from times past. Liked the samples so much Bic has a new customer!

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think they are intended for the nose.

(so very sorry . . . the bad joke was one I simply couldn't pass up. Definitely zero offense intended) :o

OMG That was awesome!!!!!!

I really didn't care about the token freebies so didn't ask, just curious if it was fleet wide.

I've done 4 Carnival cruises in 2 years and in that short time the changes have been dramatic. I really sympathize with those who remember what cruising was in the past.

As the old school dies out the newbies will set their own bar at the level of their experience therefore they will think in the future what they get is perfectley normal and great. Yes food quality etc. has gone down hill but if this year was your first cruise the standard was set for the next trip and you would not know the difference. Sad but that is the way it is and the cruise industry, belive me knows this!

That being said, Carnival is a great value and lack of promo items, VIFP, farewell parties, etc, doesn't deter me from sailing with them again.

The reduction in promo items is a sign of the cut backs in provider advertising budgets due to the economy.

And sometimes the resupply chain runs out, We boarded at San Juan one time and there was no soap. Stuart The Steward said tomorrow (supply comes on board at St.Thomas).

So true, by the time we got back on board from shore in St.Thomas, the soap supply had arrived and everyone smelled much better.

Could be nothing more than that although it seems unusual that everything went short all at once

I have a better one than this. Our first cruise was on The Conquest, September 2005. We were with a group of 600-800 Cajuns from Louisiana. While at sea we discovered that the Port of Galveston was closed and we were going to be at sea for two additional days.

Because Cajuns are noted for their partying and drinking the ship ran out of beer by day 6. The ship was allowed to dock safely in Costa Maya for the first of these two days where they were able to restock the beer supply. :D

Archived