Goody Basket?

jeansaussie1

Used to get good stuff but last month all we got was some shampoo/conditioner packets and a butt load of Breathe Right Strips.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think they are intended for the nose.

(so very sorry . . . the bad joke was one I simply couldn't pass up. Definitely zero offense intended) :o

(so very sorry . . . the bad joke was one I simply couldn't pass up. Definitely zero offense intended) :o

On target...direct hit.

Does Carnival buy those products or do the companies give them for free as samples???

They may be sponsers of some sort to get their products out there. Think about the exposure they receive each week.

Just off Glory this morning. There was no Goody Basket in our bathroom. The white container was not there.

Maybe I missed a prior post - Is this another cut back or did I just get an unlucky room?

We did have ice though.

I guess you also could have asked your room steward where it was. It was probably just forgotten and if your not going to ask for it he is not going to know that you didn't get it.

And sometimes the resupply chain runs out, We boarded at San Juan one time and there was no soap. Stuart The Steward said tomorrow (supply comes on board at St.Thomas).

So true, by the time we got back on board from shore in St.Thomas, the soap supply had arrived and everyone smelled much better.

Could be nothing more than that although it seems unusual that everything went short all at once

Cutting back is the word around the water cooler.

Used to get good stuff but last month all we got was some shampoo/conditioner packets and a butt load of Breathe Right Strips.

.... and I thought Rum Runners and smuggling booze onboard was crazy!

:D

None taken!

.... and I thought Rum Runners and smuggling booze onboard was crazy!

:D

Well....I DO have this flatulance problem.... ;)

Think maybe you got overlooked. Have always had a "dish" with personal care items in it. They have gotten pretty lame lately but always something there. Perhaps the dish got broken or misplaced on the previous cruise and the steward forgot to replace it? If it happens again - just ask him/her about it.

Outs contaiend a couple of shampoo/condtioner packets and some toothpaste samples. DH could have used the breathe-right strips, but there weren't any of those. I always thought the "mystery" goodie basket on Carnival was kind of dumb, because, no knowing what would be in it, everyone had to bring everthing they needed, so the mystery gifts were just superfluous. At least on HAL I knew I did not need to bring shampoo & conditioner because I knew ahead of time they would supply the Elemis products.

Thought I've read PAX receive higher quality goodies when booking Spa cabins. I'd imagine its like a hotel and anything you needed might be available upon request from your steward.

The Goody Basket is sample stuff that varies widely.

Every cabin gets basic shampoo, liquid body wash and bar soap. Spa cabins get name brand shampoo, etc. IIRC Elemis is used in the spa cabins.

The only thing CCL provides is the basket. The items are promo items provided by the manufacturer and availability is subject to their advertising budgets.

That's what I thought as well. Always cracks me up when folks want to put things in the "cutbacks" category. I'm not sure about other cruiselines, but Princess didn't have any little giveaway baskets, and we managed OK.:D

That's what I thought as well. Always cracks me up when folks want to put things in the "cutbacks" category. I'm not sure about other cruiselines, but Princess didn't have any little giveaway baskets, and we managed OK.:D

There have been several threads about the goody basket and when stewards were asked about them, they were told that they were being done away with due hence the reason for the cutback comment.

I haven't seen anyone lately get any of the good stuff we used to get - and I still have that five blade razor. Just too cheap to buy the refill cartridges!

I guess you also could have asked your room steward where it was. It was probably just forgotten and if your not going to ask for it he is not going to know that you didn't get it.

I don't think so. The bowl has been on a diet for a while and our last cruise (April) we only got a few toothpaste packs and that was it. The only thing that I remember worth anything was the his/her razors.

I really didn't care about the token freebies so didn't ask, just curious if it was fleet wide.

I've done 4 Carnival cruises in 2 years and in that short time the changes have been dramatic. I really sympathize with those who remember what cruising was in the past.

That being said, Carnival is a great value and lack of promo items, VIFP, farewell parties, etc, doesn't deter me from sailing with them again.

Archived