Splendor cabin 2470

welldone60

Thinking of booking this cabin on the Splendor. It is listed as OV obstructed. Anyone have any info on this cabin? How obstructed is the view? It's an odd shape so any info on how much floor space there is?

I googled but could not find any info or pics.

Thanks for any help.

Ive seen that cabin on conquest, and its huge.. lost my picture of it though.. but it is huge.

the downside is the constant vibration. your floor vibrates all the time plus it gets worse coming and going from ports.

Triumph my friend was in that corner cabin .. and he hated the vibration so much he got his PVP to refund some money on the cabin .. but triumph does have a horrid vibration, worse than other ships.

I would find out how bad the vibration is on splendor .. .. though the extra space would be nice. If its like on conquest it has two windows. I had the two further up 2462 and 2465 on conquest with the two windows.

I see 2462 is right next to the one you are booking. I didnt mind the vibration on conquest too much .. but some friends came in and said they didnt think they could stand it all the time like that.

Fire...Thanks for the info

I found a thread where several had cabin 2470. Almost all of them said the vibration was bad, some saying you could not leave anything on the desk or nightstand as it would fall off. They all said it was a big cabin and it does have two windows.

I don't think we want to take a chance on a 7 day cruise (3 seadays) with the vibration.

Thinking of booking this cabin on the Splendor. It is listed as OV obstructed. Anyone have any info on this cabin? How obstructed is the view? It's an odd shape so any info on how much floor space there is?

I googled but could not find any info or pics.

Thanks for any help.

I had room 2473 on Splendor and I LOVED this room! Yes, there is some vibration but it is worth it. The vibration was felt more going full speed, on the way back to Long Beach. The room is huge with two large windows. I would book this room again and again. Check out the two small pics on this thread, post #2.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=554921&highlight=carnival+splendor+2470+2473

Let me know if you have anymore questions about the room. In 9 cruises this has been my favorite room.:)

ETA: The photos take you to the posters photo album of pictures taken of Conquest 2473. This room is the exact same room as Splendor 2473. It was wonderful to spend a week in this room.

No, it's not:). This room is really big. I know that some web sites state that the room is the same size as the other OV cabins. Look at the photos.

I'll bet that if you actually measured the sq. footage, it will probably be the same. The OV cabins on the Splendor are actually 35 sq. ft larger than OV cabins on most other ships.

So it might be an optical illusion that the cabin is larger because it is also oddly shaped.

But, on another note, how obstructed was the view from the windows? Do you have any pictures? All the pictures I see are of the cabin with the curtains closed.

I'll bet that if you actually measured the sq. footage, it will probably be the same. The OV cabins on the Splendor are actually 35 sq. ft larger than OV cabins on most other ships.

So it might be an optical illusion that the cabin is larger because it is also oddly shaped.

But, on another note, how obstructed was the view from the windows? Do you have any pictures? All the pictures I see are of the cabin with the curtains closed.

I didn't measure but I can tell you this room is not the same. Someone else told me it was the size of a suite. I booked it and yes, it is huge. The windows are NOT obstructed at all. I wish I had pictures to show you. I have sailed on Carnival 7 times and I'm telling you this room is a great deal. I wish I had time to book this room again. If I had time for another cruise, this would be my room.

Not all rooms are the same size, even if it says it is. I know for a fact that the two center aft balcony cabins on the Splendor are narrower by 6-8 inches than other balcony cabins.

There are oddball cabins in many categories.

We have had 2470 twice before on two different ships. We absolutely love this cabin. I can assure you it is much larger than 220sqft. Not an optical illusion.

386680_283289711708813_1099157061_n.jpg

393680_283279095043208_665194379_n.jpg

385095_283279128376538_322155327_n.jpg

Archived