Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about #2

Room7

Thanks for posting this, Lisa!!!

My NEW, MOST FAVORITE-EST TIP YET!!! :D

If everybody starts ordering them, they may discontinue offering them, so I will make sure to take full advantage of it on our cruise on the GLORY next week!

Banana Splits are a favorite of mine and I have been known to make my own in the evening with bananas from the breakfast bar and soft serve late at night. This will save me the trouble! HAHA!

This is my favorite too... Great Tip!!! Thanks

I go to the grocery store. The store I find them at is Meijer and right by the check out lanes where they have all the travel to go I get a travel pack of Chlorox wipes. They come in a package similar to baby wipes. But I always bring that and wipe down our cabin. Crazy? Maybe but I'm not about to get sick if I can help it!

I think the stewards use enough chemicals cleaning the room; washing hands frequently will do more good than any amount of clorox wiping.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't forget the Fun Times has a perforated flap with the daily schedule on it, you can tear it off, highlight what you want to do, fold it up and stick it in your pocket (i stick mine in my lanyard, I have one with a plastic holder). Then you can just pull out a little piece of paper with out taking the whole Fun times around with you!

I always forget this and and have the Fun Times all wadded up, LOL. Good reminder.

If traveling with others take a different color highlighter for each person.

When you get the fun times keep have each person highlight the things they want to do on a master copy. The room steward will give you an extra if you ask. This makes keeping track of where various people are easier.

We just put the initial of the person next to the activity. For family comedy, there will be B, C, J, H next it and for towel folding, maybe just J and H.

I found your post quite interesting. I had heard before to bring a shoe bag to hang on the door, so I went out and bought one. We cruise in late September on Liberty. However, the bag I bought holds twenty pairs of shoes and isn't closed on the sides. Now I'm thinking the bag isn't going to work and planning on returning it. I'm looking for one similar to a shoe bag but one I can snap or close the individual holders. I've found small ones like I want (maybe 3 or 4 containers), but not any larger ones. What kind of bag do you have and do you understand what I'm looking for? Any ideas or suggestion?

I found your post quite interesting. I had heard before to bring a shoe bag to hang on the door, so I went out and bought one. We cruise in late September on Liberty. However, the bag I bought holds twenty pairs of shoes and isn't closed on the sides. Now I'm thinking the bag isn't going to work and planning on returning it. I'm looking for one similar to a shoe bag but one I can snap or close the individual holders. I've found small ones like I want (maybe 3 or 4 containers), but not any larger ones. What kind of bag do you have and do you understand what I'm looking for? Any ideas or suggestion?

I have one like this, from Wal-Mart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Honey-Can-Do-24-Pocket-Shoe-Rack-in-White-Set-of-2/17187951

I think the stewards use enough chemicals cleaning the room; washing hands frequently will do more good than any amount of clorox wiping.

I'm sure the stewards do an OK job of cleaning the room on "turn around day'

but that is their busiest day and may not be very thorough only because they are so busy, so when first entering the cabin, I always wipe down EVERYTHING in the cabin with Clorox/Lysol wipes.

It only takes about 3 minutes.

The way I look at it, the previous cruiser was in the cabin just a few hours before we arrived, could have had tummy issues and if they happen to not be hand washers, well, I have at least done what I can to help keep us healthy.

I agree with the hand washing!

You can ask for a clean, empty wine glass (specify red or white) at any bar, at any time to take to your room for the wine you brought onboard.

We also ask our room steward to provide a fresh wine glass every day. I usually give him a nice tip when asking the first time. The wine glasses are not on the carts and it is extra trouble for them.

We usually have a drink while getting dressed for dinner. We top them off and take the wine with us into the dining room. No one knows that you didn't buy a drink and just didn't finish while waiting for the dining room to open.

You don't have to use the water glasses that come in the bathroom for your wine!

You can ask for a clean, empty wine glass (specify red or white) at any bar, at any time to take to your room for the wine you brought onboard.

We also ask our room steward to provide a fresh wine glass every day. I usually give him a nice tip when asking the first time. The wine glasses are not on the carts and it is extra trouble for them.

We usually have a drink while getting dressed for dinner. We top them off and take the wine with us into the dining room. No one knows that you didn't buy a drink and just didn't finish while waiting for the dining room to open.

You don't have to use the water glasses that come in the bathroom for your wine!

Like this idea! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums