Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about #2

Room7

I always order double meat or more tuna. One guy at the station was much more generous than the other who must have been related to Cheaphill.

Get to the deli line off times so you don't have so long a wait.

Cheaphill...now that is funny.

Don't know if this is still viable or not, but, thanks to Cruise Critic's advice, at the Miami terminal, VIP placards are/were velcroed to random seats throughout the terminal. I snagged 2 of them and me, my g/f and another couple we met were among the first 10 people to board.

What do you get with the placards?

For my first couple of cruises I bought the staircase photos. I later realized I could take my own just as good on a night they aren't set up there.

To keep in touch with home for free, set up a thread on Carnival Funville. You can post on it from the ship for free in the Internet cafe. So you can leave a message for home and likewise they can leave one for you. If you set a time with home that you will be online you can almost real time chat.

Order room service sandwiches the night before an early excursion the next day if you have a fridge and bring ziplock bags from home. You don't have to worry about missing breakfast or trying to buy somewhere.

You can get your passports stamped at the ports, you just have to find the office. The first cruise I went on I was not aware of this. Found out prior to 2nd cruise. If you fly into another country this is done as you go through customs, but its not required when you cruise. I just wanted to get credit for everywhere I have been outside the USA. Lisa

Apply for the Carnival credit card on the ship. There is usually a table set up w a member of the staff there. You usually get a carnival bag and lanyard when you apply. You can always cancel the card if you are accepted. They don't put the paperwork into the system right then and there, you just fill out the info. Just a great way to get a free gift.

Cancelling a credit card is hard on your credit. If it is a free card without a yearly fee and you never use it, ok. If there is a yearly fee and you don't need another card, it would be better to pass on the deal.

To keep in touch with home for free, set up a thread on Carnival Funville. You can post on it from the ship for free in the Internet cafe. So you can leave a message for home and likewise they can leave one for you. If you set a time with home that you will be online you can almost real time chat.

You, my friend, are a genius! Normally I'm pretty witty enough to figure something like this out, but I never had thought about it! Awesome.

You, my friend, are a genius! Normally I'm pretty witty enough to figure something like this out, but I never had thought about it! Awesome.

This has been an option for a while now for those that are aware of it - but please note that those forums are public so you may wish to be careful what you post as anyone can read it! :)

Okay, I'm cruising very shortly. This is my FIRST cruise and love all the tips here. Any more?

There is a thread called "carnival secrets they usually don't tell you about" it is the first part to this one. It has a complete list of everything up to date as of June/2013 and starts at post #4340 of that thread. You can print it if you copy it into word. It's 13 pages I think they said.

Do not pack a Multi-Tool in your checked luggage! They will call you down to security and they will confiscate it.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Had this happen on the valor leaving form San Juan. Went and buried it in one of the flower pots just along the coastline. Was there when I got back!

This isn't a secret or anything, just a tip someone gave me. For those that still use cameras, write out your contact info and take a picture of it. That way, if your camera is lost or stolen, and someone finds the memory card, they can at least get it back to you. I know, the chances are slim of it happening, but there ARE honest people out there. :) The other tip, to be used anywhere, is if you are on an excursion (or family fun day at home) take a picture of your children before you leave home. In case you are separated, you can easily remember what they are wearing that day, and have a current photo to show to police.

Don't get to many copies of the same photo. I'm only getting one copy of each photo I like. When you get home, you can email Carnival for a "photo release". Google "carnival photo release" and there will be better instructions.

When you get it released you can get copies at a photo place as long as you take the photo release thing with you.

Edited by AmandaEnzo

Bring clothes pins and attach them to the bottom of your shower curtain to keep the dang thing in the shower and keep your floor dry.

Bring your own refillable cup...the cups on board are so small your refilling it every 5 minutes.

Edited by MexicoCruzinMomma
didnt post right quote

Cancelling a credit card is hard on your credit. If it is a free card without a yearly fee and you never use it, ok. If there is a yearly fee and you don't need another card, it would be better to pass on the deal.

THEY BILL THIS CARD IF YOU ARE APPROVED FOR YOUR ENTIRE S&S BILL.

just fyi, we didnt realize this when we applied.

I heard someone say once to bring a roll of packing tape to tape up the $15 laundry bag, tape the bag for extra support so it doesnt rip on you and you can get more in the bag.

This REALLY works! The bags supplied are very thin so are hard to fill to capacity unless they are somehow "strengthened" (like with the tape).

I do the same thing with the binder. I also print out a calendar page for each day to show what time the ship arrives, what time we need to be where for our excursion and what time the ship leaves that day. At the end of the day I review what is on the calendar for the next day. There is a great benefit to having all the necessary documents in the right place when you need to access them quickly.

Another option is to take a snapshot on your phone. Then you have it with you no matter what. We also photograph out passports and credit cards in case a wallet is lost.

In addition we email the photos to a web based email account (in a password protected document!!) That way if there is an emergency you can get to all your info from anywhere there is a computer and a printer.

You don't want to lug a binder with you off the ship, and this way if you are on land you get to your info fast!

Usually of course we just look on the phone for what we need.

We do this for ANY trip!

; -)

• 2 months later...

I haven't read every single comment so, if I'm repeating what someone else already stated, I apologize. We drink lots of coffee in the morning. So I bring large insulated covered mugs (possibly called Bubba Kegs?), fill them with coffee in the am or juice, etc in afternoon & I'm able to walk around the ship with my drinks.