Getting from Vancouver to Seattle for 2:30 flight?

cutetrill

Looking into taking a Repo cruise LA to Vancouver on the Celebrity Century in May 2014. Just planning ahead.

Does Celebrity run Shuttle Buses from the Pier in Vancouver to Sea-Tac?

We will be looking into using our timeshare points for the airfare part of the cruise and need to have the airport in the USA to use them.....Karen

PS: How does one go about taking Amtrak from Vancouver to Seattle??

The train leaves late....though there are buses too.

http://www.amtrakcascades.com

it is a very nice route....and it's relaxing....just allow plenty of time to get there...you'd then need a cab from King Street station to the airport (unless the commuter rail runs out there.....)

Maybe for going home but not to start a cruise. They don't have the backup of, say, AS so if a plane goes tech,you may be stuck for a while. Not a high risk but a risk nonetheless.

That happened to me last week on AS from YVR-SEA-SNA. The plane had a bird strike inbound to YVR . Fortunately they cleared it to fly after an inspection which delayed us one hour. Enroute the cabin crew paged me and another passenger...they knew we had a very tight connection and gave us the connecting gate info (distant gate of course). They also asked everyone to let us off first. On the tarmac a ramp worker asked us to describe our carry-ons, grabbed them out of the cargo bay, and brought them to us instead of making us wait for the cart to be loaded. I was impressed !

I ran the SeaTac 5k but missed the SNA flight by 5 minutes. The GA put us on the next flight. He gave me a seat in the next to last row and said "Believe me, it's worth it". I had the 3 seats all to myself!

Back on topic, Allegiant wouldn't have been able to get me home only an hour later than planned, and I don't think I would have received the same level of service.

I live in Vancouver and go to Seattle often. From the cruise terminal to the border is half an hour, the border line up will be about another half an hour to an hour, and then from the border to the SeaTac airport is two and a half to three hours depending on traffic. We have many times sat still on the highway approaching Seattle because the traffic is just terrible after Lynnwood, very unpredictable.

Bellingham airport is only 15 minutes from the border and may provide a more convenient alternative. But Vancouver and Seattle are both gorgeous cities with lots to see and do so if you have to spend a day in either one, you're not that bad off! :-)

Sigh, I thought so. I'm gonna keep stalking the airline prices and see if they go down for the later flights out of Seattle. I have plenty of time. :)

Don't give up on Vancouver either. I was surprised at how reasonable it was to return home to Tampa - eliminating the overnight stay and transportation to Seattle. Maybe Air Canada or West Jet and then connect to home?

Check your prices.

A few years ago we did a San Diego-Vancouver repo. Discovered that the cost of the travel to Seattle + airfare home was just a bit less than flying home from Vancouver itself. The small amount we would have saved didn't begin to cover the stress we would have felt if there were any problems at the border.

Hi,

I live in the Vancouver area and fly often out of Seattle and Bellingham -

The southbound (to US) border lineups these days have often been 2 hours for cars - Buses go through a different crossing and so probably are a bit faster.

My thinking now is - unless it is at least $200 per person cheaper to fly from US then I fly out of Vancouver - The airport in Seattle is south of the city and we have always encountered heavy traffic no matter what time of day. We have NEXUS passes which mean we usually have no wait at the border but we still allow 3 hours from the time we leave home - and we would be really happy if we actually did it in 3 hours.

I think driving time from the Cruise Ship terminal in Vancouver to the border would be closer to 45 minutes with good traffic.

We have the Alaska Airlines card which allows the second passenger to fly for $99 once a year and that has been a good option for us - the $99 is for a return flight too.

You have lots and lots of time to book your airfare. Personally, I hope you are able to stay in Vancouver for a day or two to enjoy our city.:)

Archived