Paid in full after due date!!

GrUvGrL

I can highly recommend the calendar in gmail. I have separate calendars for work and home and I can even access either on my Android phone!

I was going to recommend the Gmail calendar too. You can access it from any computer or Android phone. If you have an Android you can set reminders for anything on the calendar to pop up in advance of the event.

I was going to recommend the Gmail calendar too. You can access it from any computer or Android phone. If you have an Android you can set reminders for anything on the calendar to pop up in advance of the event.

I love Google Calendar. I have it set to sync to my phone and my tablet. I set every event to email me a reminder 2 days out and usually 2 hours out as well. I have separate colors for bills due, my events, and my daughter's appointments. Hubby has his own Google Calendar, but he shares his events with MY calendar so that he knows about my appointments and I know about his. It really is a wonderful utility.

I was 2 days late making my final payment once, because I was on a cruise when final payment was due. I just forgot to do it before we left.

When I called to make my payment I found out that my cruise was canceled and they wanted to charge me current price to reinstate the cruise, which was about $500.00 than I paid. I was very unhappy, but new that it was my fault. So I could only be mad at myself. Well after about 1.5hr on the phone they finally reinstated the cruise at my original rate.

I just booked a cruise for December, made my deposit and then was asked (by my new PVP) if I wanted them to automatically charge my card when the final payment was due. I asked him if they would guarantee that it would in fact be paid at that time and he assured me it would. Are you telling me that there is a good chance that they will not and that I could lose my cruise because they have a computer glitch? Bah :mad:

I love my gmail calendar as well. i work for the court system as a GAL/CASA and have to keep changing dates for hearings as our court system is so backed up and we set a date way out then try to get it sooner. The calendar notifies me on my android phone and computer so I don't miss a hearing. Just one word of caution--make sure you put it on the right date or nothing will help you. I missed a hearing--first time in 7 years-because I scheduled it on the wrong date. Judge was a little ticked at me!

I find it hard to believe this reservation wasnt cancelled. Maybe it was and the TA called Carnival to get it reinstated and took the blame?

I am a veteran Disney Cruiser, and I can guarantee you it would have been cancelled on DCL. I would check Carnival's website ASAP to see what it says...

I am surprised too. But is she has the same cabin== the TA did nothing coz I am sure it woulda been scooped up.

\

If this sailing was sold out and the OP was 2 weeks late more then likely it would have been cancelled.

Yes sounds like we use the same program, I do use the private feature for booking private meetings with my team when I include dial in information, where I do not want the rest of my organization dialing into my conference line when discussing process and game plan. The problem is it shows me busy for that time frame and I have team members and others constantly needing to book meetings so if I show a "private" booking they think I am unavailable, not just paying a bill.

Like someone suggested I may have to bust out a traditional paper calendar and keep track of my personal affairs there, or start a computerized calendar on my kitchen computer as long as I use it... I should be ok!.. Maybe do both!

If the tool is Outlook, just change the option that shows Busy to Free. You can still leave it as private.

No idea on the cruise, but I will tell you what we use for calendars. I use cozi, it is great and all memebers of the family can access it on their phones or internet. I also have a dry erase board for the current month. If it doesn't make it onto the board it doesn't happen :D

I like the gmail/google calendar too, but because my primary email is an AOL account I use their calendar & it works great for me, I can set reminders & do it from any computer. I assumed most email providers had a calendar feature, no?

Glad it all worked out for you OP.

Because my calendar at work is public to my coworkers, I don't use it for personal stuff. Having said that after today, I really need to find away to work the 2 together into one only calendar!

Being that I try to remember dates and there have been alot to remember in the past few weeks... kids off school back to summer school, take mom to airport, pick mom up from airport (geez I hope I don't forget this one), inlaw's coming; inlaws leaving, home vist, cleaning lady, holidays, deadline for Disney trip payment, deadline for Carnival payment... I forgot the last :(

Yesterday, I called Carnival due to some logging into the website issues... And my memory was jogged to enquire about this after my call, since my Disney trip final payment is in a week, and so I figured... hmmm... my Carnival one should be due soon too! So I called my travel agent and left a voice mail.

Today, I get a call back from her and she says "I have no idea what happened, I usually have a pop up that tells me I need final payment from clients, but nothing happened for you", and she also got no notice from Carnival.

You know that bad feeling that starts at the tip of your hair folicle and slowly sinks through your entire body? Yep I had that! I asked, "Well what does this mean now? We don't have a booking?"

She quickly said "Oh No!! Maybe I should have started with we are ok but... you are 2 weeks over due on the final payment" :eek: 2 WEEKS!!! OMG!!!

So, ended up making the final payment all is ok on the books on her end at least, but here is my concern!

- Since we secured our cruise during early saver, the OS cabin prices have gone up, should I be worried?

- Has anyone ever made this same fubar? If so, has anyone ever gone to board the ship and been asked for $X because they did not pay in full by the due date and cabin prices went up?

- Once I am able to secure the travel docs through the website can I then celebrate?

I wanna be excited... but I am too scared to!

Guest Solutions Support guestsolutionssupport2@carnival.com

6:15 PM (2 hours ago)

Hello T******,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We do have a 5 business day grace period to get in final payment. If final payment is not applied to the booking by then, our system does auto-cancel the booking.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Caite Richmond

Guest Solutions

Archived