Paying for your onboard account in cash?

Hello everyone. I decided for my upcoming cruise aboard Oasis to pay for onbaord account in cash but I admit I have no idea how it works. I've always registered a credit card. How does it work when you put down that you'll use cash for the account?

I'm sure it's simple but for a cruise novice such as myself I figure I better ask. Appreciate any help/advice my cruising friends

you can do it one of two ways:

register a credit card then the night before run down to Guest services and pay it off in cash.

or

put a deposit of cash down on the first day and if you run out, they will call you down to add more. this one requires you to keep a much closer eye on your spending habits and a running tally. it also may be inconvenient to find out that your have used up your credit when you get turned down for a purchase.

you can do it one of two ways:

register a credit card then the night before run down to Guest services and pay it off in cash.

or

put a deposit of cash down on the first day and if you run out, they will call you down to add more. this one requires you to keep a much closer eye on your spending habits and a running tally. it also may be inconvenient to find out that your have used up your credit when you get turned down for a purchase.

Thanks spookwife. I got plenty of time before this cruise so I can always change how I want the onboard account to be set up

As you will have the cash to pay the amount, I think once you see the line queued up waiting at reception, you might decide to just let it be on your CC and pay off the amount in full when the bill comes.

Archived