Sicily??

Hula Hips

Where in Sicily? It's a big island (9,925 square miles).

My thought exactly, and there are at least 4 ports cruise ships stop at.

OP, you might want to try TripAdvisor as well, excellent for reviews and recommendations.

We docked in Messina and booked our tour through Sicily Life. So, you might want to look into them. I think they are at all ports. But in Messina, we did the Godfather Tour. Sites and places from the Godfather movie with highlights of Taormina.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I just booked through Sicily Life - UNKNOWN VILLAGES AROUND THE ETNA/WINE TASTING – TAORMINA. Sounded like it was something different. This is our first cruise to Europe. If anyone has tried it, please let me know. We are taking it on Aug 4, 2012.

We went last summer. Took the tour to Taormina through rccl. It is on top of a mountain. You can see a volcano from there on a clear day.It was great just seeing the area, eating at restaurant, eating ices, and shopping in all the shops. Also has an old outzide theatre to tour.

We went last summer. Took the tour to Taormina through rccl. It is on top of a mountain. You can see a volcano from there on a clear day.It was great just seeing the area, eating at restaurant, eating ices, and shopping in all the shops. Also has an old outzide theatre to tour.

you stated it was through RCCK, but did they sub it out to Sicily Life? WOnder if it is the same.

We were on the Navigator in June and we visited Taormina. We used a private excursion company and they picked us up when we docked in Messina. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying Taormina. It's fabulous. We didn't chose to go to see the volcano, but you can see it in the distance from Taormina. LOVED IT!!!

We were on the Navigator in June and we visited Taormina. We used a private excursion company and they picked us up when we docked in Messina. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying Taormina. It's fabulous. We didn't chose to go to see the volcano, but you can see it in the distance from Taormina. LOVED IT!!!

What can a couple expect to pay for Taormina?

We are there on Monday off Navigator.

If we don't pre-reserve, what can we expect to pay the taxis ?

Thanks

Archived