Allegrismo package

MissKpree

Just booked my Allegrissimo package today(standard not premium) total cost was Euro 161.00, for my Divina cruise at end of Sept. Great deal at 23 euro per day . I have based that on 7 days, as day 8 you leave the ship early. :)

i have booked this deal for myself..my girlfriend and my 4 year old daughter...going on splendida in november for a week...booked it on the msc website ..161 euros each and half that for my little daughter..so it comes to just over 400 euros ...the euro deal seems to be better value than paying in uk pounds at the moment...i think its a good deal as my girlfriend likes a vodka or six... :)

i have booked this deal for myself..my girlfriend and my 4 year old daughter...going on splendida in november for a week...booked it on the msc website ..161 euros each and half that for my little daughter..so it comes to just over 400 euros ...the euro deal seems to be better value than paying in uk pounds at the moment...i think its a good deal as my girlfriend likes a vodka or six... :)

Indeed it is and I'm sure your daughterbwill enjoy an ice cream or. 2 or. 3 ......

...the euro deal seems to be better value than paying in uk pounds at the moment..

That is what I thought too but according to the OP in this thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1683937

15% is added to the 23 Euros/night on board, while the £20/night is prepaid and includes the service charge (from hte MSC UK website, "Better still, the all inclusive drinks package includes your service charge too so, at the end of your cruise, there’s even less to pay!")

Which is the better deal? Pounds sterling but only by around £1/night at current rates.

Confirmations re. 15% service charge added for paying for Allegrissimo in Euros on board anyone?

Joe6666 - I totally agree HOWEVER I had concerns about the wine choices, being 2 White and 2 Red, I couldn't find out ANY details about what these options would be at all unfortunately... Wife likes her bubbles (not included I believe) or a Sauvignon Blanc, I'm partial to a Shiraz, didn't like our chances of getting these wines out of our 2 choices so would have been annoyed to spend $466 and not enjoy the wine!

On Divina, there were 2 or 3 sparkling white wines on the 23 Euro per day Alegrissimo package. They weren't champagnes, but there was a very decent Cava amongst them.

I have booked this package and the way I see it is if you pay in advance with your balance, you don't pay the extra 15% but if you pay for it when you get on board you do. So cheaper to pay in advance. Incidentally when I booked this package a few months back you could only book it in advance and it was not available on board.

I have booked this package and the way I see it is if you pay in advance with your balance, you don't pay the extra 15% but if you pay for it when you get on board you do. So cheaper to pay in advance. Incidentally when I booked this package a few months back you could only book it in advance and it was not available on board.

That's my understanding too.

We were also told it was to be paid with our balance. This saves you the 15% charge,or it is included in the initial cost. I was watching a youtube video the other day and did see a board advertising the Drinks packages at the embarkation point.

Regards to all

W&P

cruisefanatic16 I have a question.

Thinking of buying Allegrissimo but we are not heavy drinkers, glass of wine at dinner

maybe two, a couple of cocktails a day, husband a rum and coke, couple of icecreams. My brochure doesn't mention coffees, but I read people talking about hot drinks. Is it worth it for that amount of drinking. Do you know the cost of drinks from the bar. Also would you get away with one drink package between the two of you or is that impossible.

cruisefanatic16 I have a question.

Thinking of buying Allegrissimo but we are not heavy drinkers, glass of wine at dinner

maybe two, a couple of cocktails a day, husband a rum and coke, couple of icecreams. My brochure doesn't mention coffees, but I read people talking about hot drinks. Is it worth it for that amount of drinking. Do you know the cost of drinks from the bar. Also would you get away with one drink package between the two of you or is that impossible.

Firstly, MSC's T&C require all guests in the same cabin, or wishing to dine together, to be on the same package. There are child versions of each package.

Second, garnering from other threads, a cocktail is around 7-9 Euros, glass of wine or beer 5-7 Euros, coffee, orange juice (at breakfast) or bottle of water 3-4 Euros, all including 15% service charge.

From your description, Allegrissimo would provide a modest saving. However, the cost of individual drinks vs. going with Allegrisisimo may affect your behaviour i.e. you may drink a little less and/or cheaper options if you have pay out each time compared to knowing that you can have what you want without any further cost.

I think when you factor in the option to have fresh orange juice, tea & coffee (no facilities in the cabins), bottles of water to take ashore and ice cream, then the main advantage to me is the quality of life onboard, restoring the luxuries that cruise lines have slowly eroded over the years while also covering the cost of a beer by the pool on a hot day, a pre-dinner cocktail, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and perhaps a little something after the show.

With so many of MSC's public areas being focused on sales, Allegrissimo effectively gives you 'freedom of the ship' and should go a long way to transforming the cruise experience to that of a luxury line for a fraction of the price.

Two glasses of wine plus two cocktails will cost 23 Euros with the service charge of 15% added. So I would say it is still worth your while getting the package. Tea and coffee are available for free from the buffet restaurant, but just the basics no cappuccinos or anything fancy.

i have booked this drinks package for myself..my partner and my 4 year old girl on the msc website which tells me i can pay for it once onboard the ship...the question i have is will the total i have been quoted be the final total or will they add another 15 per cent onto this total when i go to pay it on the ship?...thanks for the help..

Hi Blackboab, my understanding is if not paid in advance you will have to pay 15% on top. Maybe someone who has done this will be able to give correct advice. I booked in advance and it has already been paid with my balance and no 15% added.

Thanks for your reply and the infomation. I did my numbers conservatively and it came out at about $50 Australian and we are paying only $36 AUD pp per day for package deal. So it is worth having. It's another thing that you can pay in advance in your own currency and have out of the way. Also without worrying about exchange rates etc. I agree with you that it makes the lifestyle on board a more pleasant experience. Thanks again. Happy cruising next time. :)

Firstly, MSC's T&C require all guests in the same cabin, or wishing to dine together, to be on the same package. There are child versions of each package.

Second, garnering from other threads, a cocktail is around 7-9 Euros, glass of wine or beer 5-7 Euros, coffee, orange juice (at breakfast) or bottle of water 3-4 Euros, all including 15% service charge.

From your description, Allegrissimo would provide a modest saving. However, the cost of individual drinks vs. going with Allegrisisimo may affect your behaviour i.e. you may drink a little less and/or cheaper options if you have pay out each time compared to knowing that you can have what you want without any further cost.

I think when you factor in the option to have fresh orange juice, tea & coffee (no facilities in the cabins), bottles of water to take ashore and ice cream, then the main advantage to me is the quality of life onboard, restoring the luxuries that cruise lines have slowly eroded over the years while also covering the cost of a beer by the pool on a hot day, a pre-dinner cocktail, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and perhaps a little something after the show.

With so many of MSC's public areas being focused on sales, Allegrissimo effectively gives you 'freedom of the ship' and should go a long way to transforming the cruise experience to that of a luxury line for a fraction of the price.

Have just returned from a Med cruise on Musica having already purchased the Allegrissimo package. After counting up all the receipts it appears we saved approx 250 Euro's. Very happy with the drinks available and thought the package excellent. Not only alcohol is included but coffee's, gellato non alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, water etc.

Have just returned from a Med cruise on Musica having already purchased the Allegrissimo package. After counting up all the receipts it appears we saved approx 250 Euro's. Very happy with the drinks available and thought the package excellent. Not only alcohol is included but coffee's, gellato non alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, water etc.

Thanks for the update loppy. Did you order wine at dinner? if so, didbthey give you a bottle or just a glass? Reason I ask is that normally if you just order a glass it's easy to get the first one at the start of the meal, but can be a bit more of a challenge to get a second one later, when the waiters are busy with delivering food at other tables. Was half thinking of getting around that by trying to order 2 atbthe start of the meal.

Hi,

We ordered a rose and a white on the first night along with a large bottle of water. We were brought a bottle of each and informed that the bottles would be returned the next evening if not used. After that my wife decided she prefered the white so we had a new bottle every evening which we finished at the meal. We chose a Italian Soave which was very palatable ;).

Hi,

We ordered a rose and a white on the first night along with a large bottle of water. We were brought a bottle of each and informed that the bottles would be returned the next evening if not used. After that my wife decided she prefered the white so we had a new bottle every evening which we finished at the meal. We chose a Italian Soave which was very palatable ;).

That is most encouraging! Many thanks, Loppy.

Archived