Allegrismo package

MissKpree

They put a little sticker on your cruise card to indicate you have the package. You sign for every receipt and they put the total and then zeroise it to show you don't have anything to pay. We kept all the receipts just in case. We have just worked out for our 7 day cruise of 2 adults and 2 children the total bar bill was double what we actually spent on the package.

They allow you to have draft beer but no bottled beers. Our tipple is barcadi and JD but the latter is not allowed so I had Jim Beam instead. Loads of cocktails to choose from (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) and we had plenty of them :-)

Thanks to all! I've had so many questions about this package, and you've done so well answering them with this FAQ thread. I'm travelling solo on Poesia's repo cruise in November and think my decision to order the Allegrissimo was the right one. I'm not a big drinker, but the extras and the feeling of being on an "all-inclusive" cruise should be worth the cost.

Thanks also from the travellers from oz. Everybodies comments on Allegrissimo has been very helpful. I got in quick and bought it. Our cruise is 11 month away and I wasn't taking any chances they might also catch onto what a great deal it is. I've kept the posts in case I forget what they all say in 11 months time. Has anybody been on the Norway back to back Sweden etc cruises in July and can tell me how cold it was when doing the shore excursions. Also did you do any excursions that were great. We often do our own thing:)

Thanks to all! I've had so many questions about this package, and you've done so well answering them with this FAQ thread. I'm travelling solo on Poesia's repo cruise in November and think my decision to order the Allegrissimo was the right one. I'm not a big drinker, but the extras and the feeling of being on an "all-inclusive" cruise should be worth the cost.

Thanks also from the travellers from oz. Everybodies comments on Allegrissimo has been very helpful. I got in quick and bought it. Our cruise is 11 month away and I wasn't taking any chances they might also catch onto what a great deal it is. I've kept the posts in case I forget what they all say in 11 months time. Has anybody been on the Norway back to back Sweden etc cruises in July and can tell me how cold it was when doing the shore excursions. Also did you do any excursions that were great. We often do our own thing:)

I've done a Baltics cruise in July a few years ago. In Kiel and the 2 stops we had in Sweden it was unfortunately quite cool and wet at times. Some days just 11C. Never got above 15C. Had a balcony and was not able to use it other than quickly check how many layers I needed. It was one of those years when Southern Europe had an extreme heatwave whilst Northern Europe was having a really wet and cold summer. You'll be more fortunate. On a land holiday to Scandinavia a yearnor so early we had 20-23c, so basically it's unpredictable. You'll just need to pack clothes for all conditions, with things that can be layered.

Thanks for your info AmoMondo. Seeing we are doing southern Europe first and then northern Europe, I guess we will be taking a big suitcase!! :)

I've done a Baltics cruise in July a few years ago. In Kiel and the 2 stops we had in Sweden it was unfortunately quite cool and wet at times. Some days just 11C. Never got above 15C. Had a balcony and was not able to use it other than quickly check how many layers I needed. It was one of those years when Southern Europe had an extreme heatwave whilst Northern Europe was having a really wet and cold summer. You'll be more fortunate. On a land holiday to Scandinavia a yearnor so early we had 20-23c, so basically it's unpredictable. You'll just need to pack clothes for all conditions, with things that can be layered.

Anyone know the pricing and if it is available for Poesia in March of 2013?

Not really interested in the premium package, just the regular.

Tried to find it on their website but it isn't clear to me.

For my repo cruise I e-mailed MSC with the same question, and got a response to contact my TA to request it.

For my repo cruise I e-mailed MSC with the same question, and got a response to contact my TA to request it.

I guess I could e-mail them too. I booked direct so they could hardly direct me to my TA. It would be nice if this information was easy to locate on the web-site.

I hate having to phone when the information could easily be available.

Hi does anyone know do you have to pre book the drinks package or are you also able to buy it when you board the ship

If you believe the MSC web site(s) then you must pre-book at least 3 weeks before. There are some reports of the Allegrissimo packages being available at the quay but none of them being available onboard. Onboard options seem limited to small discounts for pre-paying for a fixed number of items - beers, bottles of wine etc.

I would not count on being able to book Allegrissimo other than how MSC say. There is no come back or second chance if it happens not to be available. Also, if you have read through this thread you will know that I believe that MSC have underpriced this package and that there is a good chance that it will be withdrawn, repriced or modified at any time. I would grab it while I can if I were you.

Tim.

Hi does anyone know do you have to pre book the drinks package or are you also able to buy it when you board the ship

hey there,

dont count on this one but on Magnifica all packages were available onboard.

2mg2ozm.jpg

250sduf.jpg

Have just had it confirmed by Msc Uk that the only all inclusive available in the caribbean znext year will be the premium (ouch). So will need to sit down and work out whether we will spend £700 between us on drinks during the week ( 2 adults and 1 teen). Does anyone know if you prebook the package can you cancel it before you sail?

Quick question on the second photo where it lists prices for ice cream packages, soda/juice packages etc. Is the price listed the total price for the 7 days? Or is that a per day price?

Since if we book DD's will be in seperate room leaning to getting them the soda/juice package if cheaper.

hey there,

dont count on this one but on Magnifica all packages were available onboard.

2mg2ozm.jpg

250sduf.jpg

Quick question on the second photo where it lists prices for ice cream packages, soda/juice packages etc. Is the price listed the total price for the 7 days? Or is that a per day price?

Since if we book DD's will be in seperate room leaning to getting them the soda/juice package if cheaper.

The price is per package. You get a voucher for the number listed on the

Package. You use them as quickly or slowly as you want, so they could last the whole cruise or you may have to buy a few, especially if there is more than one person in your family using them.

I've seen on these boards where MSC has answered questions so I'm hoping to get an answer. I am sailing on the Poesia in January of 2013 and was wondering if the Allegrissimo was available then? I emailed MSC a few weeks ago and never heard from them. If anyone else has the answer that would be great. Thanks

I've seen on these boards where MSC has answered questions so I'm hoping to get an answer. I am sailing on the Poesia in January of 2013 and was wondering if the Allegrissimo was available then? I emailed MSC a few weeks ago and never heard from them. If anyone else has the answer that would be great. Thanks

While we wait for MSC to reply..... If this is a regular cruise (i.e. not a repositioning) then if Allegrissimo is available for your cruise it should be available to book online. Go to the MSC website and choose 'book your onboard services' under 'onboard services'. You will be asked to enter your cruise booking details. If it is not available to book online it is worth calling MSC directly to see if they can manually add Aleggrisimo to your booking. Finally, if this fails, MSC may still have a change of heart and make the package available at the quayside during boarding or even onboard as has now been reported above.

The price is per package. You get a voucher for the number listed on the

Package. You use them as quickly or slowly as you want, so they could last the whole cruise or you may have to buy a few, especially if there is more than one person in your family using them.

So is the package limited to one person or may two share it? I can see where it would be beneficial for us with 2 DD's for one to get the Soda package and the other the Do Re Mi if they can share.

So is the package limited to one person or may two share it? I can see where it would be beneficial for us with 2 DD's for one to get the Soda package and the other the Do Re Mi if they can share.

Yes you can all share them. You just hand over a voucher for each drink you order along with your cruise card (they produce a bill against the cabin numbervwhich you sign but the amount is 0.00). the book of vouchers are not in any particular persons name.

I requested the middle package and was told only the premium package was available in March. The cost is $59 per adult and $28 per child and all in the cabin must have the package (even the kids). Added about $1,200 to my cost so I didn't book it.:(

OUCH!

I was looking forward to buying the middle package but no way will I spend an extra $826 for my husband and I. We could never drink that much in a week.:eek:

I just liked the idea of not having to watch the bar bill.

Funny that they would offer cheaper packages in Europe as many Europeans drink a lot more beer and wine than we do.:confused:

OUCH!

I was looking forward to buying the middle package but no way will I spend an extra $826 for my husband and I. We could never drink that much in a week.:eek:

I just liked the idea of not having to watch the bar bill.

Funny that they would offer cheaper packages in Europe as many Europeans drink a lot more beer and wine than we do.:confused:

I'd agree that Brits and North Europeans drink as much and some more than North Americans, but I wouldn't saynthat the major customer group (Italians) don't. They do drink an awful lot of espresso though.

Yes you can all share them. You just hand over a voucher for each drink you order along with your cruise card (they produce a bill against the cabin numbervwhich you sign but the amount is 0.00). the book of vouchers are not in any particular persons name.

Sorry to gatecrash your post AmoMondo but have been scouring the boards for information on HOHO buses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Have booked Serenade of the Seas for Feb 2013 (MSC are not doing Dubai next year). I noticed a post from you regarding this very subject.

Don't know if you willl remember me but you kindly gave me a lot of information when we were planning an MSC cruise back in 2009/10. We had to cancel due to husband having to undergo heart surgery. This did, as we feared it would, bring him out of remission from cancer and sadly he died at the end of Oct 2011.

My son had been posted to Dubai with his job so I decided to take the cruise, firstly spending some time with the family. There is a roll call going for Serenade of the Seas 25th Feb 2013 and if you could give us any tips I know the people who have joined the Roll Call would be very appreciative.

Note you are still a very keen cruiser. I am taking my first solo trip and am a little anxious and thankfully the single supplements were not too horrific!

Good Luck with your future sailing plans.

Regards

Suron (Suzanne in Bristol, UK) :)

Archived