Allegrismo package

MissKpree

Just finished Splendida cruise on 15th July and had the Allegrissimo package. Can tell you that Baileys is certainly on it and myself and my wife made full use of it. Great package and given the heat we got more that our money's worth.

When you check in look at both your cards to see if ALL is on both cards. If one is missing take to reception on Deck 5 where this will be quickly amended. Happened to me but within 20 minutes of boarding all was sorted.

Have posted a review called Splendid Splendida - any other questions more than happy to answer if I can

1st time on msc aromia going from venice in october could anyone help me with dress code please is it very formal or not would my husband need tuxedo or suit.thanks in advance

Very few wear tuxedos on formal nights, so he won't need that. A lot of men do wear suits. With or without a tie. Some just waemr dress trousers and shirt without a jacket and a few don't bother at all.

Hi - I bought the Allegrissimo package for our cruise on the Divina in December. I have seen so much conflicting information... I bought it under the assumption it includes wine by the glass (apparently choices of 2 white, 2 red, sparkling); coffee, tea and ice cream at the galleria; cocktails, beer and wine (as above) at the bars. (I do realise all of these exclude the premium stuff). My question is about the coffee/tea & sparkling wine - I have seen some doc's saying these are not included, others say they are included...Please help if you can. Thanks!

Hi - I bought the Allegrissimo package for our cruise on the Divina in December. I have seen so much conflicting information... I bought it under the assumption it includes wine by the glass (apparently choices of 2 white, 2 red, sparkling); coffee, tea and ice cream at the galleria; cocktails, beer and wine (as above) at the bars. (I do realise all of these exclude the premium stuff). My question is about the coffee/tea & sparkling wine - I have seen some doc's saying these are not included, others say they are included...Please help if you can. Thanks!

Yes they are included. See the link below from MSC's website

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Images/ALLEGRISSIMO%20DRINKS%20PACKAGE_tcm13-48857.pdf

Hello! Wine by the glass is included, even in the restaurant. But on one report, I read they received a bottle of wine in the main restaurant. Does anybody have any experience with this? We would be much more comfortable having our own bottle, rather than asking for each and every glass of wine :) Thanks!

Hello! Wine by the glass is included, even in the restaurant. But on one report, I read they received a bottle of wine in the main restaurant. Does anybody have any experience with this? We would be much more comfortable having our own bottle, rather than asking for each and every glass of wine :) Thanks!

On a 7 day on Fantasia out of Naples, a couple of weeks ago, I had the drink package that included the five wines by the glass.

It was the middle package.

But in the dining room, when I ordered one of the covered wine by the glass they said my package allowed those five wines by the bottle.

We had a bottle at dinner every night using that package.

Why the mixup, I don’t know.

By the way,

The wife and I paid $233 each for that drink package. I saved all the receipts after the cruise and found that we broke even on the drink package.

No complaints. But that’s the way it turned out.

The UK MSC website has conflicting information. In one place it said that wine by the bottle (choice of two reds, two whites, rose and sparking) is covered in the main dining rooms and by the glass everywhere else except extra payment restaurants. In another it said and still says that only wine by the glass (same choice) is included.

I would guess that the policy is still evolving with experience as the Allegrissimo package only started in June. If there is a table of guests all on the same package and all drinking the same wine, I would have thought the guidance to the waiting staff is to leave the bottle for efficiency reasons alone.

Thanks to everyone for the information contained in this thread, have been reading it for weeks and even more difficult - trying to actually book a package! Only with the information I found here was I able to convince my TA that such a thing existed, we wanted to pre-pay as much as we could in advance of our upcoming cruise so the thread was a big help.

Lots of the costs here are in GBP or Euro so it was also hard to get an idea of availability and cost in USD, MSC website returns an error when you try to look at these packages (they only show the cheers prices), emailed MSC 4 times and gave up and called them and was told the error (a webserver error - page doesn't exist - was their way of saying you had to book with them or TA, very intuitive...).

Anyway for 7 day cruise on Divinia we paid US$427pp, so a total of $854, not an insignificant amount so upon further research I came across a drinks menu, calculated out the following using current US$ conversion +15% and decided to go ahead, added bonus is room service, mini bar etc. are all bonuses and we estimate we'll save approx $100/day.

AM

2 x Juices @ $3.90 = $7.80 with breakfast

1 x Coffee @ $2.90 him, 1 x Redbull @ $5.60 her = $8.50

2 x Waters @ $2.90 = $5.80

Daytime at the pool

2 x Cocktails ea @ $9.00 = $36.00

2 x Sodas @ $3.90 = $7.80

Evening

2 x pre-dinner drinks @ $11.40 = $22.80

2 x glasses wine her @ $6.50 = $13.00

3 x glasses beer him @ $6.50 = $19.50

2 x 'nightcaps' @ $7.05 = $14.10

TOTAL per day $135.30 or $947.10 for 7 day trip!:D

Thanks to everyone for the information contained in this thread, have been reading it for weeks and even more difficult - trying to actually book a package! Only with the information I found here was I able to convince my TA that such a thing existed, we wanted to pre-pay as much as we could in advance of our upcoming cruise so the thread was a big help.

Lots of the costs here are in GBP or Euro so it was also hard to get an idea of availability and cost in USD, MSC website returns an error when you try to look at these packages (they only show the cheers prices), emailed MSC 4 times and gave up and called them and was told the error (a webserver error - page doesn't exist - was their way of saying you had to book with them or TA, very intuitive...).

Anyway for 7 day cruise on Divinia we paid US$427pp, so a total of $854, not an insignificant amount so upon further research I came across a drinks menu, calculated out the following using current US$ conversion +15% and decided to go ahead, added bonus is room service, mini bar etc. are all bonuses and we estimate we'll save approx $100/day.

AM

2 x Juices @ $3.90 = $7.80 with breakfast

1 x Coffee @ $2.90 him, 1 x Redbull @ $5.60 her = $8.50

2 x Waters @ $2.90 = $5.80

Daytime at the pool

2 x Cocktails ea @ $9.00 = $36.00

2 x Sodas @ $3.90 = $7.80

Evening

2 x pre-dinner drinks @ $11.40 = $22.80

2 x glasses wine her @ $6.50 = $13.00

3 x glasses beer him @ $6.50 = $19.50

2 x 'nightcaps' @ $7.05 = $14.10

TOTAL per day $135.30 or $947.10 for 7 day trip!:D

Wife and I bought the mid priced drink package on Fantasia a few weeks ago.

$233 each = $466 total for a 7 day Med cruise.

I think that package would have paid for everything you listed and saved you even more.

The $61 per day package is the Allegrissimo Premium which in addition to the Allegrissimo package includes premium branded spirits, single malt whiskies and items from the minibar. $28 pp per day is quite a lot extra to pay for these IMHO.

Wife and I bought the mid priced drink package on Fantasia a few weeks ago.

$233 each = $466 total for a 7 day Med cruise.

I think that package would have paid for everything you listed and saved you even more.

Joe6666 - I totally agree HOWEVER I had concerns about the wine choices, being 2 White and 2 Red, I couldn't find out ANY details about what these options would be at all unfortunately... Wife likes her bubbles (not included I believe) or a Sauvignon Blanc, I'm partial to a Shiraz, didn't like our chances of getting these wines out of our 2 choices so would have been annoyed to spend $466 and not enjoy the wine!

The $61 per day package is the Allegrissimo Premium which in addition to the Allegrissimo package includes premium branded spirits, single malt whiskies and items from the minibar. $28 pp per day is quite a lot extra to pay for these IMHO.

I replied to Joe before I saw your comment, again totally agree, thinks of it more as $28pp per day 'insurance' so the wife doesn't have to drink a Chardonnay she doesn't like. :D

Joe6666 - I totally agree HOWEVER I had concerns about the wine choices, being 2 White and 2 Red, I couldn't find out ANY details about what these options would be at all unfortunately... Wife likes her bubbles (not included I believe) or a Sauvignon Blanc, I'm partial to a Shiraz, didn't like our chances of getting these wines out of our 2 choices so would have been annoyed to spend $466 and not enjoy the wine!

The wine choices (two reds, two whites, rose and sparkling) are exactly the same in Allegrissimo and Allegrissimo Premium.

The wine choices (two reds, two whites, rose and sparkling) are exactly the same in Allegrissimo and Allegrissimo Premium.

That's my understanding too. Only extras for the additional $28 pp per day are the minibar in your cabin and the premium spirits (like the single malts). I enjoy the occasional Armagnac or Remy Martin XO but don't drink enough of them or often enough to make the premium additional cost worthwhile to me and I certainly don't have them many peanuts or Pringles to justify the extra. Given the cost ofnthe high end brands, if these arebthe drinks you have daily, then it certainly would be worthwhile paying the additional cost.

This is incorrect.

The premium package includes any wine that is sold by the glass.

It is not limited to 2 red, 2 white and a rose.

Lois

Ok...

But you paid $854 for 7 days and I paid $466 for 7 days.

And the only difference was the wine covered by your package?

Your wife only had 2 glasses of wine per day.

You would have been better off to get the $466 package and buy your wife whatever kind of wine she wanted outside of the package.

Ok...

But you paid $854 for 7 days and I paid $466 for 7 days.

And the only difference was the wine covered by your package?

Your wife only had 2 glasses of wine per day.

You would have been better off to get the $466 package and buy your wife whatever kind of wine she wanted outside of the package.

And there are very few wines available by the glass. All the good and premium wines are only available by the bottle.

Just got back from the msc opera an hour ago! Happy to answer any questions you may have about packages, food, ports etc!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi MissKpree,

I would like to know about the experience in the main dining rooms for breakfast and lunch. I have read repeatedly that the buffet can be busy and the food below par so my plan is to stick to a MDR for as many meals as possible. Also, did you ever stay on board at a port of call? If so, how does the routine change from a sea day? Many thanks in advance. P.S. will you be writing a review?

Thinking of purchasing the Allegresimo unlimited. We are 2 adults and my daughter that is 3 years old. I notice that the fine print says that all in the cabin must buy the package, but not obligatory for infants (0-3 years). When I try to include the package, it automatically includes the Allegrisimo for my daughter. Does anyone know if because she is already 3 I have to purchase the children's Allegrisimo or once I get there they take it off, because she is considered infant? If I have to purchase one for her too, it won't be a good deal for us. Thanks. BTW, I also see that the tours say that infants pay 0. Is she also a infant in this case?

Archived