Allegrismo package

MissKpree

We will be giving the Scots a bad name:p (I am originally from Fife):cool:

I don`t think it will give us a bad name:rolleyes: but keep us in good stead with the waiters. We really are thinking of the waiters,by saving them having to keep refilling the glasses;). Common sense really think of the workers Lol.

Regards

W&P

I don`t think it will give us a bad name:rolleyes: but keep us in good stead with the waiters. We really are thinking of the waiters,by saving them having to keep refilling the glasses;). Common sense really think of the workers Lol.

Regards

W&P

Good save Wull!:)

Regards

W&P

Just what I was thinking,:p well my excuse anyway.;)

Makes great sense to me too. BTW I'm a 'Wee Scotty Lass' although that was many years ago (about 50 yrs) ha, ha. I won't let the Scots down..:D

Good on yea Ricane. I am letting the side down by saying my tipple is wine and not whiskey:eek: Can't stand the smell of the stuff.:(

A Typical image of a Scot is they will drink anything :confused:. I must be the exception as I`m tee total but the wife makes up for me. She does like her cocktails and her wine maybe the odd Black Russian and Pina-Colada. Hold on !!!! I think she is a typical Scot. She does drink water now and again. LOL

Regards

W

Better not put her name to this post

Good on yea Ricane. I am letting the side down by saying my tipple is wine and not whiskey:eek: Can't stand the smell of the stuff.:(

Me neither. The look at you a bit askance when they start telling you about all their single malts and you reply that you can't stand it. Also don't golf....

I was sent to Highland dancing, can still remember the steps to the fling and the sord dance but I doubt I could perform it without an oxygen tank nearby!

Amomono, My best friend did Highland Dancing and made a career out of it. She ended up teaching it and even went to America. Still doing it in her 50s now. When we went out at Halloween she did her dance and I did mine. Guess who got the biggest applause:mad:

Me neither. The look at you a bit askance when they start telling you about all their single malts and you reply that you can't stand it. Also don't golf....

Same here.....but wish I could play golf :p

Same here.....but wish I could play golf :p

I thought golf was merely a taxation on the professional class. Why would you wish for taxation?

Back to the topic.... Thanks to all the participants in this thread we have established that the Allegrissimo package is excellent value even for very modest drinkers and that, if there is a choice, pre-paying with the cruise fare balance is marginally less expensive (by around £1 per day) than post-paying (but still pre-booking) on-board in Euros. The Euro price (€23) works out less but is subject to 15% service charge.

I would re-iterate that the package looks such good value with respect to on-board prices that it is unlikely to continue in its present form at its present price. Allegrissimo was only introduced in June (2012) and I am sure MSC will be monitoring revenue and costs and will change their offer in the light of this.

Grab it while you can! BTW Allegrissimo literally means 'very Allegro' :-)

Tim.

I've booked the Allegrissimo package for myself and three friends. MSC sent me an e-mail stating that the 15% service charge is included in the price even if the package is not paid for until you board the ship.

The e-mail I have clearly states that booking or paying for the package in advance includes the 15% service charge.

I hope this is of use to everyone.

Ta,

Chris V

In an attempt to keep all the relevant information to the 'Allegrissimo thread' in one place, here is the official information sheet from MSC which is much more comprehensive than that on the MSC website.

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Images/ALLEGRISSIMO%20DRINKS%20PACKAGE_tcm13-48857.pdf

Thanks Skipper Tim for Allegrissimo Package info sheet. Looks good. Booking this week before they change their minds. Travellers from Oz. :)

I've booked the Allegrissimo package for myself and three friends. MSC sent me an e-mail stating that the 15% service charge is included in the price even if the package is not paid for until you board the ship.

The e-mail I have clearly states that booking or paying for the package in advance includes the 15% service charge.

I hope this is of use to everyone.

Ta,

Chris V

We booked the package a few days before we left (2 adults, 2 kids). Our final invoice included the price of the package in euros without any service charge :)

As for the value of the package I have yet to work it out but at a guess I reckon we saved 50% on what we would have paid and I wouldnt say we are modest drinkers but we were never intoxicated so it was definitely VFM for us.

END of Allegrissomo?? I have just booked a cruise on Poseia coming back from US to Dover in April/May 2013 and was told Allegrissomo at £20 per day was not avialable, but premium at £37 per day could be booked. Such a shame as I have the normal package for the Red Sea cruise in December and am certainly looking forward to using it fully then. Maybe MSC have now smelt the coffee as others have speculated on these threads.

I am sailing on Poesia March 2013 and was inclined to purchase the all-inclusive package for myself and hubby but was only interested in purchasing the soda tickets for the children. Being told have to purchase the all-inclusive for everyone in the cabin which would add approx. $1,200 to my invoice. Not sure it is worth it for one "steady" drinker and 3 others. Would think they could offer a happy medium!

I am sailing on Poesia March 2013 and was inclined to purchase the all-inclusive package for myself and hubby but was only interested in purchasing the soda tickets for the children. Being told have to purchase the all-inclusive for everyone in the cabin which would add approx. $1,200 to my invoice. Not sure it is worth it for one "steady" drinker and 3 others. Would think they could offer a happy medium!

I would be willing to consider it for our family, but we are traveling with 2 other families. I wish it was just per cabin even.

Hi, we are sailing on the armonia in 5 days time first cruise, we are not sure about the dress code, but will post on here after to let you know.

hi hope you had good cruise any tips on dress code and port of calls or anything you think we may find helpful , look forward to your reply.

Hi, we are sailing on the armonia in 5 days time first cruise, we are not sure about the dress code, but will post on here after to let you know.

hi hope you had great time any help on dress code or anything else you think we may find useful.:)

Hi,Im having the allegrismo package(standard £20) added to my booking tomorrow.Could someone explain to me how you go about ordering the items and do you still have to sign a receipt of some sort?What sort of draft beer is in the package,any ciders?What sort of ice cream can you have,is it the soft serve ice cream or the scoopable?Thanks in advance

Hi,

The bar menu items not included on the allegrissimo package have an asterix next to them. However most items are included with the exception of premium brands, i.e jack daniels, top end brandy's etc. There are no ciders included however these can be purchased at extra cost, the beer available on tap is Heinekan. A large beer is nowhere near a pint and a small beer is SMALL. I just ordered the beers more frequently!! The ice cream is available in a cup or a cone and is gellato, very good with many different flavours. Excellent value package..................make the most of it.

Archived