Current Sea Princess Dining Times?

NickAndysMom

We are departing San Francisco on a Sea Princess Alaska cruise on July 22. I just noticed a change to our dining time. We requested late dining, which originally was at 8:15 p.m., as shown on the travel summary I printed out in mid-may. When I looked online at the travel summary today, I noticed that the dining time had been changed to 7:45 p.m.

Either time is fine with me. Just hoping someone who has taken this cruise recently can let me know what time late dining was on their cruise. It seems strange to me that they'd move late dining to an earlier time at this point in time! If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

A half hour makes a big difference to us. We were assigned late seating for our cruise (Sea Princess) and are considering going to the maitre 'd after boarding to see if we could switch to anytime dining. We're not keen on dining so late on Alaskan cruises since the mornings always begin so early.

I'll keep the 7:45, if that is the new dining start for late seating. Looking forward to an answer to this, as well.

I don't understand why they keep displaying 6pm and 8:15. It never happens.

Osk - are you speaking of Sea Princess or Princess in general? It seems that there are still some differing experiences and opinions I've recently read from other threads on this topic. Some say that they've "added" a second early seating,(5:30 and a 6:00) but I doubt that is an issue for the Sea Princess. Plus the Sea Princess has several different itineraries which could change the seating times, i.e. Australia/south Pacific.

I guess the only way to know for certain is to find out what the dining times are for the 2012 SEA PRINCESS 10 DAYS GOING TO ALASKA. Maybe we can check with recent past cruisers for this itinerary.

I think those are default times when booking a cruise, not to be believed until you get your cruise card with the actual dining time listed on it.

Since on all but one of my Princess cruises where I've had late dining, it has been at 8.15, I don't think that word means what you think it means. The word you're wanting is "usually."

We sailed on the Sea Princess out of San Francisco May 23rd on a 10-Day Alaskan Cruise. Our dining time was 5:30 (early), late dining was 8:15.

Thank you - I think this is probably going to be the most recent and accurate since you were on this cruise this season. That's really a wide gap between dining choices. A 7:45 would have been more do-able.

As I mentioned earlier, I was "assigned" the 8:15. I don't like finishing dinner after 10 p.m. Hopefully we'll just make the change when we board.

Archived