trip report and thank you

pablo312

I wanted to thank the people who post on Cruisecritic. The advice that I read about the Alaskan port of calls and the cruise ships helped me in selecting a cruise ship and shore excursions and provided me with knowlege about the Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau. It would have been difficult to put together a smooth trip without this site.

I especially wanted to thank Budget Queen for her advice and her recommendations on the Denali shuttle bus and the summit flightseeing tours with K2. My wife and I did both and enjoyed them greatly. We were really lucky to get Wendy as our bus driver on the Wonder Lake shuttle bus. She is very personable and a fantastic tour guide and animal spotter. We were also very very lucky to get sunny, clear skies for three days in Talkeetna and Healy.

I wanted to thank Cruising Goddess for her Alaskan website. The packing info was invaluable. We would not have discovered those wonderful convertible pants if not for her. We also enjoyed her pictures and gave us an orientation of Denali, the port cities, and the Princess cruise ship.

I posted my trip report on the land and sea portions of our trip at Tripadvisor. The link is as follows:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k5573164-Trip_Report_6_9_6_25_12-Alaska.html

Hopefully, it can help others who are planning a trip to Alaska.

I enjoyed Alaska and hope to return there for at least one more trip.

Thank you for posting the review. I am looking at itineraries and ships for 2013 now and the Coral Princess is one we have been considering.

We selected the Coral Princess because the itinerary included both Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay. It also left Whittier on a Monday which fit it well with our land itinerary. If you have any questions regarding the Coral or my itinerary, please feel free to ask.

We are on the Coral on Monday and quick question - what were people wearing on formal nights - my travel mates, both male and female are driving me crazy.

I wish I could help you there. My wife and I did not want to do formal nights. We did the UBD on the first night and Sabatini's on the second. While walking to Sabatini's, we did see people in coats and ties and suits. We also saw men wearing shirt and docker-style pants, but I don't know if they were heading to the MDR.

... I posted my trip report on the land and sea portions of our trip at Tripadvisor. The link is as follows:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k5573164-Trip_Report_6_9_6_25_12-Alaska.html

Hopefully, it can help others who are planning a trip to Alaska.

Pablo, your review is simply terrific! Very well written and full of superb detail for anyone doing a DIY land trip in combo with an Alaska cruise. It would be a great addition to the CC Member Reviews section here. A cut & paste should do the trick! Many thanks.

I wanted to thank everyone for the kind words about the trip report. I'm glad that the report will help others. After all of the help that others on the two boards have given me, writing the report was the least that I could do. I did post the report on CC Member Review section.

Archived