NCL Epic - port or starboard?

Justness

Hello

New here and new to cruising.

About to book my first cruise upon the epic from Barcelona, to Naples, Rome, Livorno, Cannes and marseille then barca.

I was going for an interior cabin but will be looking at balcony now. Can you tell me which side I should book for best views? I'm thinking starboard (right side?) but would like some one to confirm please?

Would we beniefit from booking an aft balcony?

Lastly, we are going 9th sept.. I take it not many children would be cruising this time of year? We are both 30 so don't want kids so is deck 8 the best to be away from families?

Many thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions before we go

CANT WAIT!

Hello

New here and new to cruising.

About to book my first cruise upon the epic from Barcelona, to Naples, Rome, Livorno, Cannes and marseille then barca.

I was going for an interior cabin but will be looking at balcony now. Can you tell me which side I should book for best views? I'm thinking starboard (right side?) but would like some one to confirm please?

Would we beniefit from booking an aft balcony?

Lastly, we are going 9th sept.. I take it not many children would be cruising this time of year? We are both 30 so don't want kids so is deck 8 the best to be away from families?

Many thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions before we go

CANT WAIT!

I am on the same cruise on August 26. I booked the starboard side because that is the side facing the coast of Italy. Beware that all balconys are not the same. Some are covered and others are not. Someone filmed a view of my room and posted it on Youtube. Check it out .

You know, the absolute best views to be had are the aft cabins. That way you can see both sides. But, to choose between port and starboard rarely makes a difference because the ships don't always dock the port side. I swear they dock the starboard side more.

I don't think you'll have too many young'uns after Labor Day. But so many kids are home-schooled these days you'll have a few...they keep them busy in the kid zone, so it's not like they'll be running underfoot.

Thanks all

Kugamuga, that why I was thinking starboard as it will be facing the coast of Italy. I'm not too bothered about docking but would like to be facing the coast.

Off to check out the ncl forum....

Thanks all

Kugamuga, that why I was thinking starboard as it will be facing the coast of Italy. I'm not too bothered about docking but would like to be facing the coast.

Off to check out the ncl forum....

The starboard side may be facing the coast more than the port side on that itinerary but, because you will be out of sight of land essentially the whole time, it will make very little difference. Essentially, it would only really matter on something like a trans-Atlantic crossing when you wanted either the sunny or shaded side.

Archived