Birthday onboard

Yea, you might get a cake if you ask. On average, 1 out of every 52 people onboard will have a birthday each week.

Gee.. did that sound like a party pooper? Sorry.

LOL. It will be MUCH higher than this! People tend to schedule cruises for special events such as birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons, promotions, retirements, and holidays. The number of "special events" on board is endless. And many think they should be getting something extra because of this... Let's all go to Olive Garden and get the cake and off-key birthday song. ;-) BTW, you can order decorations and a cake through Bon Voyage, but it will cost you a few extra bucks. :)

Of late, I have seen more writing about yes, they do...if they know. You will probably need to let whoever you made your reservation with that you are celebrating birthday so they can set up sending a notecard to your stateroom to bring the note "on your special day" to the restaurant and give to the host/hostess upon entrance. You will get a birthday cake and they will sing to you. Of late, I have also seen the captain sending birthday person a happy birthday card as well. My last cruise was April during husbands birthday...we booked through NCL and was asked the question if we were celebrating anything special while onboard.

Have a great birthday cruise!

Coka

Stephen the HD on the Gem grabbed a few other crew and popped in to Teppanaki to sing HB to my daughter for her 9th birthday...

yes we let him know earlier in the day when we were coming back from Nassau...

they also had balloons and made party hats out of menus for her and her cruise mate....it was a great way to celebrate her special day

Archived