Just back from the Freedom -7/8/12 - 7/15/12

We are all such different people with different likes and dislikes.:D

I am HAPPY to hear that RCI now has the big screens on the pool deck. That was one of the things I loved about Princess, and was very happy when I heard they were now on the Freedom! I hope they play movies at night.......

One of my best memories of our last cruise.... they were playing the Wizard of Oz one night. They handed out little bags with Wizard items/souveneirs in it, and they were handing out bags of popcorn and blankets. My DH and I snuggled under a blanket under the stars and watched an old classic eating popcorn. It was awesome!!:p

Watching movies on Oasis at night was our favorite thing to do at night. There's just something about eating popcorn and watching a movie, outside, on a cruise ship, with the ocean breeze flowing through your hair......aaahhhh......:)

Food - My family thinks the Windjammer burger tastes just like White Castle. I consider this a negative but they think it is a positive.

Don't be bad mouthing my hometown's greatest contribution to the culinary arts since Wendy's! They must have thrown onions in the burger bin as they occasionally do I'm guessing ?

Hello Springgrl! I have been asking this question but no one can seem to answer me, so I thought I would try you! :) I just booked an "Over the Water Cabana on Nellies Beach" for $200.00. However, in the description, it says "Nestled on the HILLSIDE above Nellies Beach". The other cabanas are listed as "Hillside Cabanas" for $175. Can you please explain to me what you ended up with? Since it sounds like you rented the same type I rented. Even though in the title it says "Over the Water cabana, the description says "nestled HILLSIDE over Nellies Beach". Any help (or photos!) would be appreciated. Thanks!

You booked EXACTLY what we booked. I think it says hillside because the cabanas are built over the rocky edge of the water. Do not worry; you will be over the water. Very private and one of the highlights of our vacation. You will receive a shore excursion ticket in your room which will be for the cabana. When we docked, I sent my DH onshore to meet with the the cabana/suite attendant and he took him on a shuttle to the cabanas. They, at first, offered us the very first cabana you come to over the water, but my DH asked if we could have the last one - highest up, fourth one in. Attendant said no problem since he was the first person at the over the water cabanas. The last one is the most private and has a ladder right next to it so you can access the water easily. When my teenage son gets home, I'll ask him if he can download a photo since I am computer illiterate.

Don't be bad mouthing my hometown's greatest contribution to the culinary arts since Wendy's! They must have thrown onions in the burger bin as they occasionally do I'm guessing ?

Not badmouthing White Castle (DH is from St. Louis and they LOVE their White Castle there!). Just not really happy what a White Castle burger does with his system - if you know what I mean!

You booked EXACTLY what we booked. I think it says hillside because the cabanas are built over the rocky edge of the water. Do not worry; you will be over the water. Very private and one of the highlights of our vacation. You will receive a shore excursion ticket in your room which will be for the cabana. When we docked, I sent my DH onshore to meet with the the cabana/suite attendant and he took him on a shuttle to the cabanas. They, at first, offered us the very first cabana you come to over the water, but my DH asked if we could have the last one - highest up, fourth one in. Attendant said no problem since he was the first person at the over the water cabanas. The last one is the most private and has a ladder right next to it so you can access the water easily. When my teenage son gets home, I'll ask him if he can download a photo since I am computer illiterate.
Thank you so much!! Do you remember what the cabana number was/is? I will get up at the crack of dawn to be first in line! LOL......:D

Thank you so much!! Do you remember what the cabana number was/is? I will get up at the crack of dawn to be first in line! LOL......:D

Sorry, I don't know the number. There are four over the water cabins that we saw on Nellie's Beach. We took the very last one, up the steps. It was ideal - great privacy and a good mix of sun and shade. All the over the water cabanas were wonderful though. I preferred them to the beach cabanas because of the privacy.

Archived