Specialty Restaurant Booking (?'s)

As a "newbie" to Seabourn, could someone with the scoop on special dining venues please share the booking procedure with me?

I believe that I've read that it is not possible to book prior to embarkation, is this correct? That's what we were told on Silversea, then once on board, there was a big group who had been allowed to "pre-reserve" more than half of all the available reservations - and we got completely shut out on all of our choices. Do you think I'll see this on Seabourn? Regent allows pre-reservations way in advance for all their frequent-cruisers, again shutting out the newbies - does Seabourn do this too?

We will be on the Quest, B2B sailings for 21 days starting Nov 3rd, a 14-day, then a 7-day. Will I be able to reserve for all three weeks the moment I step onboard? Will I still only get "one" reservation per restaurant for a 14-day cruise, or will they allow two nights at each since it's a 2-week cruise?

Is it any easier to book 2 seats on a large table, rather than a table for 2? - we're totally flexible and anxious to meet fellow cruisers, but are looking forward to some romantic dinners and awesome wine (alone), too.

I hugely appreciate any advise from experienced Seabourn cruisers, especially those recently on the Quest.

THANKS!

Jen

As a "newbie" to Seabourn' date=' could someone with the scoop on special dining venues please share the booking procedure with me?

I believe that I've read that it is not possible to book prior to embarkation, is this correct? That's what we were told on Silversea, then once on board, there was a big group who had been allowed to "pre-reserve" more than half of all the available reservations - and we got completely shut out on all of our choices. Do you think I'll see this on Seabourn? Regent allows pre-reservations way in advance for all their frequent-cruisers, again shutting out the newbies - does Seabourn do this too?

We will be on the Quest, B2B sailings for 21 days starting Nov 3rd, a 14-day, then a 7-day. Will I be able to reserve for all three weeks the moment I step onboard? Will I still only get "one" reservation per restaurant for a 14-day cruise, or will they allow two nights at each since it's a 2-week cruise?

Is it any easier to book 2 seats on a large table, rather than a table for 2? - we're totally flexible and anxious to meet fellow cruisers, but are looking forward to some romantic dinners and awesome wine (alone), too.

I hugely appreciate any advise from experienced Seabourn cruisers, especially those recently on the Quest.

THANKS!

Jen[/quote']

There are four dining venues on Quest:

- the Main Dining Room ("MDR")

- the Colonnade

- the Patio Grill

- Restaurant 2

The only one of these venues that requires a booking is Restaurant 2. I have never pre-booked this and I have always been able to get a reservation when I wanted one.

You can always find space at the MDR and the Colonnade. The Patio Grill is outside on the Pool Deck. It has less seating than the MDR or Colonnade and can get full. So it is first come first serve.

Hope this helps.

The difference between Seabourn and Silversea is that on Silversea you can book for the entire voyage once you embark so La Terrazza fills up fast. On Seabourn the one restaurant that requires reservations is Restaurant 2 (as Roxburgh explained) and that can only be done 48 hours in advance so you shouldn't have any trouble getting in.

The difference between Seabourn and Silversea is that on Silversea you can book for the entire voyage once you embark so La Terrazza fills up fast. On Seabourn the one restaurant that requires reservations is Restaurant 2 (as Roxburgh explained) and that can only be done 48 hours in advance so you shouldn't have any trouble getting in.

Actually WIPRO, on the Sojourn they were taking reservations for Restaurant 2 for the whole cruise from Embarkation and onwards.;)

I wish that were so. I was fully booked days ahead when we were on Sojourn. If we had any complaints at all, that was the one and only one, however. Love Seabourn, love that ship. It ruined us for anything else but Seabourn.

Thanks for the assorted answers. Now I'm really confused.:eek:

So, I understand that Restaurant 2 is the only reservations-only special dining venue. The others are all first come, first served - which is perfect for us because we usually prefer the later, European dinner hour.

If you can only book Rest. 2 at 48 hours in advance - does that mean you must be standing in front of the restaurant to book 48 hours before you want to eat there, every time? I assume they fill up the restaurant every night. I've read the menus don't change too frequently, so twice or three times in three weeks might be OK, it just seems like a lot of trouble for dinner reservations. Since there are no butlers, is there anyone else to whom I can delegate making our reservations?

Has anyone been onboard Quest RECENTLY who knows what procedure Seabourn is currently following?

Thanks.

You can call the desk on SB Square, or drop by the desk or the restaurant itself. It's not a big deal. You can ask them to book you first available. The menu was changing once a week last year. Sometimes you can get in the same evening since there are no shows. And there are no lines in front of the restaurant to book.

We had our first Seabourn cruise last Oct/Nov on the Quest. We did a B2B for 15 days. Shortly after boarding, we went to Seabourn Square to make reservations for Restaurant 2. At that time, they had 3 -4 menus that changed every 3 days. The receptionist at Seabourn Square printed out the menus for the next 15 days and noted the rotation of the menus. We could only make reservations for the first leg of our B2B. She told us to come back the night before the beginning of our next leg to make more reservations. We had no trouble getting what we wanted. In fact, the 2 nights we ate in Restaurant 2 there were plenty of empty tables. We could have eaten there more evenings if we had chosen to.

We were on the Sojourn last September for 18 days and waited til we saw the menue in the morning before deciding,We ate there three times and never had a problem getting a reservation on the same day as booking

Archived