Elite or Discoverer Benefits ....a few questions

ljk76

Very excited to be going on our first Azamara cruise in just 4 weeks. We are at top tier thanks to our Celebrity status. Are the key benefits, such as Internet minutes and a bag of laundry, per suite or per guest? It sounds like there are a few hosted cocktail parties? Now down to the nitty gritty of planning communication home (elderly parents) and laundry factors into the packing. We found we needed just about everything laundered after our first Med trip, it's hot and sticky touring. Any tips most appreciated!

Very excited to be going on our first Azamara cruise in just 4 weeks. We are at top tier thanks to our Celebrity status. Are the key benefits, such as Internet minutes and a bag of laundry, per suite or per guest? It sounds like there are a few hosted cocktail parties? Now down to the nitty gritty of planning communication home (elderly parents) and laundry factors into the packing. We found we needed just about everything laundered after our first Med trip, it's hot and sticky touring. Any tips most appreciated!

Hi Ljk,

If you are at Elite level on Celebrity, you would be at Discoverer Level with Azamara. Each member receives benefits. Please make sure to add your Captains Club numbers to your Azamara booking. It's better if you do it before you sail.

Here's a link to Azamara's Le Club Voyage benefits : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=membership_benefits

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Ljk,

If you are at Elite level on Celebrity, you would be at Discoverer Level with Azamara. Each member receives benefits. Please make sure to add your Captains Club numbers to your Azamara booking. It's better if you do it before you sail.

Here's a link to Azamara's Le Club Voyage benefits : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=membership_benefits

Thanks so much, already set on our reservation. BTW, loved the link to the wine lists! You and Bill are the best...what a tag team!

Hi Ljk,

When we traveled on the Quest last November, we each got a page of coupons for Discoverer benefits. These included a bag of laundry, two items pressed, one item drycleaned, lots of internet minutes, etc. During the second week of our 12-night trip, there was a shipwide offer of a bag of laundry for a set price. However, on the Journey this past March, we received one coupon per cabin for one bag of laundry, and no other laundry/cleaning offers. We did each get internet minutes. We were disappointed that we had so little free laundry as we had packed counting on two bags and possibly a further bag during the second week. It is also disappointing that Azamara considers 12 nights as one week and not two. We love love love Azamara, but this was a bit of a downer. We are heading for our 4th ACC cruise next week and we are assuming that the perks will be the same as they were in March, but who knows. It is a small matter in the large scope of things, but...

When we traveled on the Quest last November, we each got a page of coupons for Discoverer benefits. These included a bag of laundry, two items pressed, one item drycleaned, lots of internet minutes, etc. During the second week of our 12-night trip, there was a shipwide offer of a bag of laundry for a set price. However, on the Journey this past March, we received one coupon per cabin for one bag of laundry, and no other laundry/cleaning offers. We did each get internet minutes. We were disappointed that we had so little free laundry as we had packed counting on two bags and possibly a further bag during the second week. It is also disappointing that Azamara considers 12 nights as one week and not two. We love love love Azamara, but this was a bit of a downer. We are heading for our 4th ACC cruise next week and we are assuming that the perks will be the same as they were in March, but who knows. It is a small matter in the large scope of things, but...

Thanks, these specifics really will help me pack...a little less lightly? I am hoping to avoid the laundry room...never experienced Azamara's, but I can say it wasn't the highlight of our only Regent cruise! I have read good things about Azamara laundry service, and I'll rinse out what will dry quickly. Double Internet minutes will be a huge help. Thanks again!

Thanks so much, already set on our reservation. BTW, loved the link to the wine lists! You and Bill are the best...what a tag team!

Hi Ljk,

Thank you for your kind comments. You are so right about Bill. He's the best, and a huge asset to our wonderful community.

FYI, I plan to inquire about my earlier "each member receives benefits" comment. I've always understood it to be that way. That's how it was, when I sailed on Journey last year. I realize that Momcat had a somewhat different experience, so I'd like to double check. I'm wondering if her Cabin attendant was in error. Or, it's entirely possible things have changed since I last sailed.

Perhaps some recent Azamara Guests can share their experiences. If I receive an answer, I will post again on this thread. Stay Tuned !

Hi Ljk,

Thank you for your kind comments. You are so right about Bill. He's the best, and a huge asset to our wonderful community.

FYI, I plan to inquire about my earlier "each member receives benefits" comment. I've always understood it to be that way. That's how it was, when I sailed on Journey last year. I realize that Momcat had a somewhat different experience, so I'd like to double check. I'm wondering if her Cabin attendant was in error. Or, it's entirely possible things have changed since I last sailed.

Perhaps some recent Azamara Guests can share their experiences. If I receive an answer, I will post again on this thread. Stay Tuned !

Hello Andy,

I am afraid that MOMCAT is correct. I found exactly the same difference in Elite benefits between our Nov 2011 cruise on Quest & April 2012 on Journey.

It would seem that has the number of loyal repeat Azamara cruise customers increase the rewards for our loyalty are being reduced which is a shame.

The benefits are already of much less value than those offered by Celebrity but this will not make us change our preference for Azamara & that is probably why Azamara believe they can do this.

Eric

Archived