Fabulous Freedom of the Seas Review with Pics - 7/8/12

Great review Karyn, Thanks for putting it up, we are sailing Freedom in a few months and staying in the Hyatt on the saturday night too. Can I ask how long it took to get to the port from the airport?

Thanks!

The ride is about 45 minutes. Our driver was flying though :eek:. There was no traffic. It should take more than an hour.

Karyn

I'm glad I came across your review. I am thinking of this excursion next summer when we do the FOS. Sounds nice. Would you recommend their transporation, or going on your own after having done it once?

We honeymooned in Jamaica and it wasn't a country I felt that safe in. The cruise is fine though. I felt more comfortable using the excursion transportation because it was prepaid and reasonable at $15 per person round trip. It was probably a 15-20 minute ride and our driver was great. I would do it this way again.

Karyn

Thank you for the wonderful review. I have FOS- western booked next year for my graduation cruise, and cannot wait. I will probably do some of the excursions you listed, as they looked wonderful. Thank you again!!

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

I highly recommend Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. It was paradise.

Great review and great details, glad you and the kids had a good time.

Thanks!

Just checked your roll call for your next cruise and we are switching from Explorer to that one but leaving 4/12/14 which is spring break for us.

So guess we will be on 2 weeks before you :D.

Let the planning begin!

We used Quicksilver Tours. They are popular on the Disney sites. The cost was $210 round trip. Gratuities was automatically added. Total was $252. We paid the whole amount on the arrival and the driver confirmed our departure. The service was very good.

Thank you for the information. I'll add it my list of details to check out. Can't wait to sail Freedom again!

Hi disneyfan68. Just curious. I noticed on a different thread that you mentioned you had MTD reservations between 7 and 8:30 each night. We will be on Freedom in a few weeks and when I went to make my MTD reservations ahead of time there was no opening between 6:45 and 8:30. Did you make yours ahead of time or when you boarded the ship? I've heard complaints that people have tried to make reservations for this time on a daily basis and were told they couldn't.

Hi Disneyfan - your review is fab! BTW - we saw you leaving the hyatt about 15mins before us. We knew you were going to the cruise ship as we saw your red suite luggage tags! We were hoping the car was ours but ours arrived shortly after.

Glad you had a great time, we did too :)

What is family package for pics? Something you buy before boarding or on ship? Just curious as you mentioned I am ususally taking the pics and rarely in them so it would be nice to get some family shots. Thanks

• 1 month later...
What is family package for pics? Something you buy before boarding or on ship? Just curious as you mentioned I am ususally taking the pics and rarely in them so it would be nice to get some family shots. Thanks

Sorry I never responded to this post. You may have cruised already. There was a family package where you get a certain number of 8x10s, a leather holder, the cruise DVD and something else. We purchased it and then purchased some other pics separately. In the end, it was cheaper buying the package then all the pics individually.

Karyn

Hi Disneyfan - your review is fab! BTW - we saw you leaving the hyatt about 15mins before us. We knew you were going to the cruise ship as we saw your red suite luggage tags! We were hoping the car was ours but ours arrived shortly after.

Glad you had a great time, we did too :)

That's so funny :). I remember talking to you on roll call and you were staying at the Hyatt too. We had a fabulous time. Your review was absolutely amazing. I don't know if you ever responded to one of my comments, but my daughter was in one of your pictures. We probably boarded right about the same time and both went to the main pool.

Karyn

Karyn,,,So glad you had a perfect trip with your children at this age when they prefer to be with you ...just sounds wonderful and loved your thorough review of everything and how it all took place...sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks! Just curious - did you try the picture links? did they work for you?

Did you happen to get any pictures from the Dreamworks Character Breakfast??? Would love to see them as my daughter is King Julien! Thanks! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Looking forward to ours on 10/7.:D

Did you happen to get any pictures from the Dreamworks Character Breakfast??? Would love to see them as my daughter is King Julien! Thanks! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Looking forward to ours on 10/7.:D

So sorry but no. We were scheduled for the breakfast our first morning at 8:00 but no one could get out of bed ;). It was one of only 2 mornings to sleep in as all other mornings were port days. We were sad we missed it :(

• 1 year later...