Port of Galveston

KU_Cruiser

Going on the Magic soon! I live in KC and flights are not cheap, thus I had to get a flight into Hobby and out of IAH. I will take the Carnival Shuttle to the ship but need a faster way to get to IAH from the port. Any ideas? Don't want to pay the $200 for a taxi (it will just be me and my wife).

Thanks!

I have seen recents posts on this board .. but if you dont get them, ask your question again on the Gulf Ports Departure Boards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

This section is devoted to cruisers leaving from Galveston or NOLA. You might also check out the threads there for the suggestions on shuttles... or a limo driver, both about the same cost for 2 people.

I was able to get a rental car for $200 on our Magic cruise. We then spent $45 to park. $245 might be less than the cost of shuttle coming and taxi going - then you'd have your own transportation and flexibility.

Going on the Magic soon! I live in KC and flights are not cheap, thus I had to get a flight into Hobby and out of IAH. I will take the Carnival Shuttle to the ship but need a faster way to get to IAH from the port. Any ideas? Don't want to pay the $200 for a taxi (it will just be me and my wife).

Thanks!

We always drive to Galveston because of the cost of airfare. It usually takes about 12-13 hours to get there and $300 in gas round trip. Even with hotel room for a night and parking at the pier it is still cheaper for us to drive than fly. Hope you have a great trip.

Check out renting a car in Galveston and dropping it off at IAH. Might be cheaper than a 200 dollar taxi. Hell, it might be cheaper than the Carnival Shuttle.

From Galveston, IAH is just a straight shot up I45; it's hard to get lost.

Thanks!

Let me know when. I can drive you cheaper and faster:D

Houston is one of the most expensive places to fly into and the lack of airport to cruise port transportation doesnt help

We were looking at a shuttle, but after reading posts here, I am researching (and believe it will be cheaper) to rent a car for the week. We have 6 of us currently and I believe if we split the car rental, it comes out cheaper.

We always drive to Galveston because of the cost of airfare. It usually takes about 12-13 hours to get there and $300 in gas round trip. Even with hotel room for a night and parking at the pier it is still cheaper for us to drive than fly. Hope you have a great trip.

We drive from KC as well.

Gives us time with the other couple to catch up on things. We've known them since grade school.

GP

Archived