Who has booked Alaska for 2006!!!!

cruisingfreak

AlaTex, who did you book with to get your vacation. Looking to book a trip to Alaska myself.

Thanks.

I booked cruise directly with Carnival on their web page. Air, rental auto, and B&Bs / hotels directly with each (most internet and one phone call). Hotel in Vancouver on return via priceline (Westin Bayshore - $62). Total of 17 days for land tour and cruise southbound from Whittier, AK to Vancouver, Canada. Land tour first: Anchorage - Dinali - Fairbanks - Kenai Pen (Cooper Landing)/Seward - Anchorage - Whittier then Cruise.

Where are you flying from? I've booked all my excursions and hotels also. Flying into Vancouver on 5/26. Staying at Howard Johnson's. Also renting a car at the end of the cruise and driving up to Denali for two nights. :D Did you sign up for the Meet & Mingle?

Pat

We just Booked the Radiance of the Sea for May 27. I have just booked our airfare, and am now about research the excursions and hotels. I have a lot of reading to do.

Whats ISP? How did you get a good price? We are booking in 2007, when is the best time to book?

ISP is Icy Strait Point - one of the ports. We booked our upcoming cruise while we were on the last one in May of 2005. Since we booked the price has gone up almost $1000 per person. We got a Junior Suite for the price that you now would get a outside stateroom. There are lots of opinions on when to book - I think it depends on the desirability of the cruise; who knows - could be dumb luck. We tend to book each years cruise on thie ship when we are on a cruise. We like the extra shipboard credit that you get. Plus - if the price goes down - you can get an adjustment.

Some people book last minute and there are some amazing prices that you can get for those. But - you have to be able to work it in your schedule and then also get the air reserved last minute. I worry too much for that! Plus DH and I both have work schedules that we have to contend with.

We (DH, sis, and BIL) have our cruise booked, plane tickets, and two excursions for our first cruise to Alaska! We can hardly wait. We are staying at a B&B in Seattle 3 nights pre-cruise and one night post cruise. Sis and BIL lived in Seattle in their early marriage. We are celebrating our 42nd and 45th anniversaries while on the cruise.:)

My mother and I are booked on the HAL Oosterdam R/T from Seattle leaving 8/26. We have a standard outside cabin booked. Ports of call are Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka & Victoria.

We'll be spending a couple of days post-cruise in Seattle, and will be arriving the day before in Seattle. Have to admit I'm a bit envious that Mother will be taking Amtrak from Chicago to Seattle and will be seeing some spectaculr sights along the way! Unfortunately, there's no Amtrak service in Tulsa :( .

We're already quite excited about this trip. We've always wanted to go to Alaska, and it sounds like HAL will offer a top-notch experience!

Now, if 8/26/06 will hurry up and arrive . . . :D

Hey you remembered me. Thanks for that. He had me all confused, we may still have to change it though. That is if I can't get off from teaching. our last day of class is the 24. I have checked with Celebrity and there are 7 Balcony rooms left on the 26 sailing and 3 on the June 2 sailing. I spoke with my boss this morning and said that I could get a sub for those days but I'm hoping to change the cruise, its just alot of work at the end of the year with our class program, inventory of the supplies, and cleaning the room. Once thats straight we will talk about the land portion. Thanks for remembering me.

Hey you remembered me. Thanks for that. He had me all confused, we may still have to change it though. That is if I can't get off from teaching. our last day of class is the 24. I have checked with Celebrity and there are 7 Balcony rooms left on the 26 sailing and 3 on the June 2 sailing. I spoke with my boss this morning and said that I could get a sub for those days but I'm hoping to change the cruise, its just alot of work at the end of the year with our class program, inventory of the supplies, and cleaning the room. Once thats straight we will talk about the land portion. Thanks for remembering me.

If you are on the Mercury, it sails roundtrip from Seatle. There is no "land portion" unless you want to sightsee in Seattle. To tour inland Alaska you need a northbound or southbound cruise. On Celebrity in 2006, that's the Summit.

We'll work something out after all this is a trip not to be missed.

I agree it is not to be missed, but it sounds like you don't know what you have actually booked. The Mercury sails roundtrip out of Seattle and doesn't go as far north as Seward. If you want to visit Denali National Park, or any other areas covered on the usual cruisetour, you need a one-way cruise that either starts or ends in Seward. If you do the land portion first, you will fly into Anchorage and home from Vancouver, and the reverse for a northbound cruise. If your husband is limited to the Mercury, then you're out of luck as far as a land tour. If he can sail on any Celebrity ship, and you want to visit Denali, then you should be looking at the Summit.

Mercury's itinerary: http://www.celebrity.com/search/vacationItinerary.do;jsessionid=0000RQe-ZdoHca02pQmrrOjdOkM:1028etrd4?packageCode=MR7SEAA1&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Results&sailDate=1060519

Summit's northbound itinerary: http://www.celebrity.com/search/vacationItinerary.do;jsessionid=0000RQe-ZdoHca02pQmrrOjdOkM:1028etrd4?packageCode=SM07A009&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Results&sailDate=1060603

I realize that you are trying to be helpful but you are coming across as a know it all with a criticism eveytime that I have posted in the past and again each time today, and yes I do realize exactly all that we have booked or not booked. I have been looking on these sites for awhile now. I was trying to be polite and ignore your attitude. It maynot be what you would have chosen but it is what my husband chose for us. Please allow me to be excited with what we have. I chose to take this gift with the love it was intended with.

I realize that you are trying to be helpful but you are coming across as a know it all with a criticism eveytime that I have posted in the past and again each time today, and yes I do realize exactly all that we have booked or not booked. I have been looking on these sites for awhile now. I was trying to be polite and ignore your attitude. It maynot be what you would have chosen but it is what my husband chose for us. Please allow me to be excited with what we have. I chose to take this gift with the love it was intended with.

If I'm coming across as a know-it-all, it's because you are coming across as clueless. As long as you know that you are on a roundtrip out of Seattle and that's what you want - that's great. But when you mentioned the "land portion" - it sounded as if you were confused about your options. Enjoy your trip.

We're booked on the Coral Princess May 29th out of Whittier-will be doing a pre-cruise tour in Fairbanks, Denali, Seward and Anchorage--then in Vancouver and Victoria for a few days--Can hardly wait!! Lot's of planning-thanks to these boards-it's been a little easier!

• 2 months later...

hi everyone im am booked on the carnival spirit northbound inside passage for july 12 on a 7 day... after the cruise we are taking the train to denali park for 4 days doing a tour there and a river boat tour on the last day.... i am traveling with my daughter and her husband... his sister and her husband.... cant wait for the day to arrive.... happy traveling everyone chattie patty

I am leaving on Wednesday for my first Alaskan Cruise:D

Only 2 more sleeps:D

Flying out Wednesday night...Jax to Atlanta...Atlanta on to

Seattle:D

Sightseeing on Thursday and meeting friends for dinner

Thursday night.

Then on Friday heading to Pier 66 and embarking on Mercury:)

I can't wait!!!!

Archived