Who has booked Alaska for 2006!!!!

cruisingfreak

Booked southbound Carnival Spirit for August 2, 2006. Will fly to Anchorage 8 days ahead for self guided land tour. Have been lucky in getting aft room on port side. FF air (1st class) non-stop Atlanta-Anchorage and Vancouver- Atlanta on return. Have auto reservations and all land room reservation including a supper rate at Vancouver Bayside Westin of less than $65 for an additional night in Vancouver. Internet is working great for this trip. :D

DD got me moving last week - said we were waiting too late to start booking. Almost have everything in place. Can't wait.

hi everyone i have a alaska cruise of the inside passage booked for july 12,2006.. i will be going with my daughter her husband , his sister and her husband... there will be 5 of us...anyone going on that date... if so you could email me at chattiepatty@aol.com.. would enjoy chatting about trip.. patty

Hi, Patty.

Have you checked the roll call boards to see if there's a roll call started for your cruise yet? You didn't mention which ship you're on so I couldn't check for you. Check it out and hopefully you'll find some folks already "chatting" about your upcoming cruise.

Good Luck.

We are going on an Alaskan cruise also. Just don't know the exact date or cruise line(I believe its June thats when our anniversary is). Its a surprise for our anniversary and I am not suppose to know. I did manage to find out some of the ports Glacier Bay, Denali National Park, Mt. Mckinley, Skayway, Ketchikan. I have watched the boards but still can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

We are going on an Alaskan cruise also. Just don't know the exact date or cruise line(I believe its June thats when our anniversary is). Its a surprise for our anniversary and I am not suppose to know. I did manage to find out some of the ports Glacier Bay, Denali National Park, Mt. Mckinley, Skayway, Ketchikan. I have watched the boards but still can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

Denali and Mt. McKinley aren't ports...they're in the interior of Alaska. And I think I responded before - if you're going to Glacier Bay, you're sailing on Holland America (Ryndam or Veendam) or Princess (Sapphire, Diamond, Coral, or Island) and doing a cruisetour (land tour before or after the cruise).

Yes you did respond before and I thank you very much. I was hoping to see if anyone else had any thoughts. I have been able to find out its an Inside Passage Skagway, Haines, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan.

Well...the HAL Veendam has a southbound (Seward to Vancouver) on June 4 and 18 that goes to College Fjord, Glacier Bay, Sitka (instead of Haines on other dates), Juneau, and Ketchikan. It doesn't go to Skagway. (No one sails to that many ports PLUS a glacier or two). If that's your ship and itinerary, you'll fly to Anchorage or Fairbanks to begin your cruisetour, and sail out of Seward. :)

I just booked the Diamond Princess SB for August 12, 2006, with a pre cruise tour on August 6. I'm so excited about this cruise, as I've been wanting to do it now for 3 years. I also got an aft cabin, which makes me doubly happy!!! :D

Anyone else booked?????

Minette

We are planning our first cruise with a SB cruise in 2007 to Alaska, with a pre cruise for 4 to 6 days, and we are having a difficult time deciding which ship to use. It's pretty much between Princess and HAL, who both have their own lodges. They seem pretty simular with the pre cruise they both offer. What did you like about the Princess, Diamond instead of other Princess ships or why not HAL ships?

Also, what is a aft cabin? We want a balcony, is a aft simular?

Thanks for your help :)

Shade

I've been waiting for you to post your trip Minette! :)

We're booked for June 20th through July 1st SB on the Summit. I'm so excited to go to ISP. We got everything we wanted and the price was absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!

Alaska, here we come!

Robin

Whats ISP? How did you get a good price? We are booking in 2007, when is the best time to book?

We are planning our first cruise with a SB cruise in 2007 to Alaska, with a pre cruise for 4 to 6 days, and we are having a difficult time deciding which ship to use. It's pretty much between Princess and HAL, who both have their own lodges. They seem pretty simular with the pre cruise they both offer. What did you like about the Princess, Diamond instead of other Princess ships or why not HAL ships?

Also, what is a aft cabin? We want a balcony, is a aft simular?

Thanks for your help :)

Shade

The Diamond and Sapphire Princess are sister ships...very similar from what I've read. The difference is that in 2006 one is going northbound from Vancouver at the same time the other is southbound out of Whittier. One-way HAL ships sail into/out of Seward rather than Whittier. The Summit is a Celebrity ship that goes to ISP - Icy Strait Point. "Aft" means rear part of the ship. An aft balcony is at the very back of the ship.

Booked southbound Carnival Spirit for August 2, 2006. Will fly to Anchorage 8 days ahead for self guided land tour. Have been lucky in getting aft room on port side. FF air (1st class) non-stop Atlanta-Anchorage and Vancouver- Atlanta on return. Have auto reservations and all land room reservation including a supper rate at Vancouver Bayside Westin of less than $65 for an additional night in Vancouver. Internet is working great for this trip. :D

DD got me moving last week - said we were waiting too late to start booking. Almost have everything in place. Can't wait.

AlaTex, who did you book with to get your vacation. Looking to book a trip to Alaska myself.

Thanks.

Hey there fellow cruisers - cool, looks like the 2006 Alaska cruisers are checkin' in. Right on!:D

Soooo, where are all the cruisers for July 22 n/b Alaska anyway? :o "Get out there!!" Come join us! Copy&paste the link below....looking forward to meeting you!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=280503

Well welcome!

This is our first cruise but I've been checking everything Alaska since we started planning in July. Just look for the Roll Call boards. Go the Roll Calls Carnival,then look for Carnival Spirit. Finally check under the date. Go to the actual Roll Call board not the one that just has a listing. I haven't figured that listing one out yet.

Archived