Carnival shares

We sent ours in via email direct to Carnival Australia on Monday and within a couple of hours all our future cruise bookings were credited with the extra OBC - it was so simple.

We used optionsxpress to do the trade - easy to set up account and credit funds - no ongoing fees and even the trade was free as a new account bonus. The trade was quick and the paperwork instant after the buy. It was all Princess / Carnival needed.

Well done to you and packetau.

I sent mine by registered mail but nothing showed up at all on my personaliser. With 3 weeks to go before our 1st of 3 cruises, I contacted Princess through their website and they sent me an email letting me know the OBC was there and that my agent had to re-send the booking confirmation to me ... which she did when I forwarded Princess' email to her.

I don't know why others OBC has shown up on their personaliser and why mine didn't ... it may have been because I booked through a US agent ? I have no idea.

We sent ours in via email direct to Carnival Australia on Monday and within a couple of hours all our future cruise bookings were credited with the extra OBC - it was so simple.

I thought you had to send everything via mail as they weren't accepting emails anymore...

our OBC only shows up on the booking confirmation sent to our agent it is not shown anywhere on our personaliser...

joanne

I sent mine via email after speaking to Princess Australia directly. The cruise I booked directly with Princess, showed on my personalizer. The one I booked with the agent only showed when the agent sent on the new booking confirmation.

Dougo, did you send it to your US TA or to Princess. I'll do both I think but via email as that is what Cunard say to do.

My US TA asked me to send it directly to Princess so that's what I did via snail mail as I couldn't get a fax receipt to show that I had sent it. In the end because nothing had shown on my Personaliser, I sent an email through to Princess via their website and that's when I found out that my TA had to send me an updated confirmation.

I'm sure that system can be improved ...

Cheers

Heather

My US TA asked me to send it directly to Princess so that's what I did via snail mail as I couldn't get a fax receipt to show that I had sent it. In the end because nothing had shown on my Personaliser, I sent an email through to Princess via their website and that's when I found out that my TA had to send me an updated confirmation.

I'm sure that system can be improved ...

Cheers

Heather

Your US TA should have done it themselves. I just send a copy of the share portfolio with it listed and they handle it.

Your US TA should have done it themselves. I just send a copy of the share portfolio with it listed and they handle it.

It's fine either way. Sending it through the TA just adds more time and handling, and it's fine to go direct anyway.

I am doing a HAL Cruise and qualify for Carnival shareholder benefits. Do I send my share information to HAL or Carnival to get the OBC? Many thanks in advance for your help. Danny

Send it as an email attachment to Carnival Australia at:

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

They will either process it or direct it to appropriate area.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 100 shares of RCL and don't think I've ever reaped the benefits since they won't honor it with another promo in use. Thinking of unloading them and getting CCL as I have 3 trips booked with Princess and may do an Hal AK next year. Thoughts?????

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I have 100 shares of RCL and don't think I've ever reaped the benefits since they won't honor it with another promo in use. Thinking of unloading them and getting CCL as I have 3 trips booked with Princess and may do an Hal AK next year. Thoughts?????

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Go for it.....they are excellent shares to have if you are regular cruisers on the CCL cruise lines! :D

• 3 months later...

Well, I am able to use my shareholder credit for cruising. For those of you with Etrade, which documents did you actually download and send?

Two cruises now - short four day Aussie one and then a 23 day Cunard cruise. Might just pay for a drink or two!

Also, can the shareholder credit be used to pay for auto tipping?

HI Pushka

In April this year, I sent a print of the page showing our names and shares on E-Trade - it is date stamped so that proves you have the shares at that date. I know that the Form requires a "Broker's" statement and the print of the page is essentially that.

When I didn't see anything on my cruise personaliser, I contacted Princess via the email link on the personaliser and they told me the benefit had been applied but my agent had to refresh it or something like that in order to see it.

We had OBC with our FCL and shareholder benefit and it all went into the same pot as far as we were concerned. We spent some money on board but not a huge amount and as the amount we owed was less than the of the cost of the grats for our entire cruise (about 20 days) I'm guessing that the OBC was used to pay for the grats with some extra input from us.

Thanks Dougo. I have managed to download a copy of all the trades, but etrade send it as a password protected PDF! Serious overkill in security! So i can't send that. NAB online don't bother with any of this but they dont trade International shares/

Thanks Dougo. I have managed to download a copy of all the trades, but etrade send it as a password protected PDF! Serious overkill in security! So i can't send that. NAB online don't bother with any of this but they dont trade International shares/

If you log on to E-Trade, go to "My Accounts" tab then "accounts records" and "trading history", you'll see all the details about your share status ... not the dates field should automatically have today's date so that shows the record is current. From that screen, just to the right of "Trading History: View Trading History " you'll see a Print icon. Click on that and you'll get your record printed ... that's what I sent them.

Cheers

That worked a treat. Received a very nice email from Carnival that my OBC had been applied and wishing me bon voyage! It is showing in my personaliser. Nice.

The 23 day trip in March 14 is looking even sweeter! :p

Edited by Pushka

• 2 months later...

I haven't checked the value of the 100 shares purchased a few months ago until today. I guess there is one thing about the falling Aussie dollar - the value of the CCL shares in USD increases! And the OBC of $250USD has been applied to my next Cunard cruise on March 10. So my investment has already returned over 1/4 of its value back and I've only held them for less than 6 months.

• 1 month later...

I suspect it must be in your name, as that is the name the ticket is booked in.

Also with our tough SMSF laws, what you would be doing is risking the fund in that you are deriving a benefit from something that the fund is investing in. That is a big No No and renders your Fund at risk of a 60% tax rate. The auditor will query why you have bought just 100 shares in an overseas company and on its own, will raise suspicion.

It just isnt worth the risk.