Pearl December 2 - 9

lild428

Hello. I am going on the Pearl 12/2 - 12/9 Western Caribbean cruise and I have a couple questions.

You all seem to be great at finding the best price/onboard credit deals so if you could let me know if I can do any better than what I'm about to book, please let me know :)

Inside room #10019 @ $369 + $131.82 fees = $500.82 pp

$75 OBC (from TA)

Coupon book (from NCL)

Bottle of wine (from NCL)

NCL says they're doing reduced deposits of 50%, but my TA said it's not available on this sailing...?

And I've signed up for that brochure from HSN.com but I haven't got it yet. I called NCL and asked if I HAD to have this code before booking and they said yes. However, I have seen on here some of you guys have already placed a deposit on a cruise first, then got to brochure code, called your TA, and got the additional $100 OBC added on. I'm already going to get $75 OBC, but an extra $100 would be awesome. So for those of you that were in that position and got the extra $100 OBC after the fact, what exactly did you do? Just call your TA and beg them to call NCL for you?

Also, please settle this question that comes up all the time: Can I bring water, cans of soda, and juice on board in my luggage? Just looking for a yes or no. I've been sent to the naughty room once before (boyfriend tried bringing cans of beer and made me go accept responsibility for it :rolleyes:) so I really don't feel like doing that again. Obviously if they see cans or bottles on the x-ray machine, they search your bag to make sure it isn't alcohol, correct?

Thanks!

No, they will not search. They will take your luggage to the "naughty room" and call you down to open it. Then you will have to lug it to your room. If you want to bring aboard soda/water/juice, you need to carry it in your carry on. Otherwise, your on your way to the "naughty room" again.:rolleyes:

Bring it in carry on, huh? Hmm, never tried that. Always get the feeling I'm going to have it all taken away from me in line and hold everyone up. Just like I've witnessed with people trying to sneak food back on the boat...really??

Either way, I either carry it on and have them check, or head to naughty room and show them it's only water/juice/soda and they'll send me on my merry way.

Also, I did get reduced deposit. Only had to charge $250 to book.

Question... I log into my NCL after I've put my deposit down and you can browse the shore excursions. There's a message saying you can book them now, but any one I look up, it says it's unavailable to reserve/book. Is this because I haven't paid in full for the cruise yet?

Thanks.

Water, soda and juice are fine to take aboard. You will save yourself much grief and time if you just carry it on. I put mine in a separate tote bag that they can just open and peer in. It still goes thru the machine. I have never had a problem in 20+ cruises.

thanks. ill just bring a big tote bag like you did. i usually have my purse and a backpack so i'll make my boyfriend carry this :)

anyone know the answer to my shore excursion question? i might call NCL and ask...

Also, please settle this question that comes up all the time: Can I bring water, cans of soda, and juice on board in my luggage? Just looking for a yes or no. I've been sent to the naughty room once before (boyfriend tried bringing cans of beer and made me go accept responsibility for it :rolleyes:) so I really don't feel like doing that again. Obviously if they see cans or bottles on the x-ray machine, they search your bag to make sure it isn't alcohol, correct?

Thanks!

As you said, this question comes up all time. And, the answer that comes back about 99% of time is you can bring this stuff onboard. And, if they THINK it is booze/beer you may have to go to naughty room to show them otherwise.

Not sure what the question is?

Archived