Thomson Majesty

You have got me thinking about our drinks package ,do you have to wear one of those horrid colored wrist bands or is there a different method they use to differentiate between a/i guests and others,thanks:)
When you swipe your cruise card the computer will tell the bar staff if you are all inclusive. You still have to sign a slip but it will have "no charge" on it :)

You have got me thinking about our drinks package ,do you have to wear one of those horrid colored wrist bands or is there a different method they use to differentiate between a/i guests and others,thanks

Hi macren

Your cruise card is multi-functional and is needed all the time. It gets you on and off the ship, pays for anything you buy in the shops, and has to be shown every time you order drinks. It has your name, cabin number, expiry date (sadly this is the date you leave the ship) and the most important thing of all - AI - printed on it.:D

Hi yes my husband bought it from one of the bars on our first day the barman suggested it as far as I know you can buy as many pints at a time you want as it finishes when you have had 35 pints. It lasted him for over 3 days as I dont drink he had it to himself which he was delighted with. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the info. Will ask about it at the bar. Hopefully manage to get a wine package for me, and that's us sorted. :D

Thanks for the info about the beauty salon, those prices seem very good for a cruise ship, I can feel the need for a little pampering coming over me:)

Don't be afraid to haggle - you can usually get money off or extra treatments thrown in.

Thank-you for the replies should have thought i could not have worn one of those wrist bands only had to wear one once and i cut it off .Think i have all my answers now.

Hi macren

"Think i have all my answers now". Bet you don't. You're not in double figures for posts yet. You'll be back and we'll be here.:D

Hi Shipshape Yes my husband bought it from one of the bars on our first day, the barman suggested he take it as it would save him money. As far as I know you can buy as many pints as you like at one time up to 35 pints. When it is getting low they will tell you if you want to buy it again.

It lasted for over 3 days as I dont drink so he had it all to himself.

Hope you have a good trip

Hi Shipshape Yes my husband bought it from one of the bars on our first day, the barman suggested he take it as it would save him money. As far as I know you can buy as many pints as you like at one time up to 35 pints. When it is getting low they will tell you if you want to buy it again.

It lasted for over 3 days as I dont drink so he had it all to himself.

Hope you have a good trip

On Spirit the deal was only for 35 pints at a time, no smaller quantities.

packages.pdf

• 5 months later...

We've just booked for our first cruise on Majesty, and learning a lot reading all your useful posts. Can someone tell me about tea/coffee facilities. Is anything available in the cabin, and if not where do you get just a cup,of tea?

Thanks.

We've just booked for our first cruise on Majesty, and learning a lot reading all your useful posts. Can someone tell me about tea/coffee facilities. Is anything available in the cabin, and if not where do you get just a cup,of tea?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. We had our first cruise in Sept and on Majesty too. We enjoyed it and have booked 2 more, mainly for the ports of call.

There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the cabins and you are not allowed to bring your own kettles or irons. You can get tea or coffee from most bars and ordinary coffee/ cappuccino/lattes are about £2 or £2.50 or free if you have the All Inclusive drinks package.

However, on Deck 10 in the Buffet there are urns with boiling water where you can make tea/coffee free and I think that is available 24 hours. Some people take their own preferred tea bags or coffee sachets. A good idea is to take an insulated mug with lid then you can take it back to your cabin or on deck to watch the early morning entry to the ports of call.

There are lots of good ideas on this forum and lots of people with more cruising experience than me who are only too happy to share their tips so just ask. :)

May I ask which itinerary you are doing?

Welcome to the forum. We had our first cruise in Sept and on Majesty too. We enjoyed it and have booked 2 more, mainly for the ports of call.

There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the cabins and you are not allowed to bring your own kettles or irons. You can get tea or coffee from most bars and ordinary coffee/ cappuccino/lattes are about £2 or £2.50 or free if you have the All Inclusive drinks package.

However, on Deck 10 in the Buffet there are urns with boiling water where you can make tea/coffee free and I think that is available 24 hours. Some people take their own preferred tea bags or coffee sachets. A good idea is to take an insulated mug with lid then you can take it back to your cabin or on deck to watch the early morning entry to the ports of call.

There are lots of good ideas on this forum and lots of people with more cruising experience than me who are only too happy to share their tips so just ask. :)

May I ask which itinerary you are doing?

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply. We're on Atlantic Sunrise, really looking forward to visiting the very varies ports. Morocco, Gibraltar,Cosica, Italy, Croatia and especially Montenegro.

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply. We're on Atlantic Sunrise, really looking forward to visiting the very varies ports. Morocco, Gibraltar,Cosica, Italy, Croatia and especially Montenegro.

You are welcome. That sounds like a lovely itinerary.

Archived