Guarantee Vista Suite

rjms74

Hello,

I have booked a Vista suite on a gty basis for two cruises on the Silver Whisper back to back in October / November. How soon will I be given my suite assignment and from experience are you usually allocated a suite in the grade booked or do Silversea ever upgrade such booking? I guess that wherever possible Silversea would endeavour to give me the same suite for the duration of the two cruieses?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

We have just received our silver box, (all the way from Memphis!) with the documents for our cruise in 3 weeks time. We have booked a gty veranda cabin and the luggage tags say exactly that. I do not expect to find out our actual cabin number until we board and I do not think there is any chance on an upgrade. But at the end of the day, there are no bad suites on Silversea ships. IMO

I'm pretty certain that your guaranteed cabin will be in the specific category you requested (Vista) and would not result in an upgrade. As Wripro suggests, it would be a good idea to ask your travel agent to outline the procedure, and what you should expect.

Silversea does get some very late cancellations. Their "Rest Assured" insurance program is designed for this; it allows passengers to cancel, for any reason, right up until the last minute and receive a full credit towards another cruise. I understand that, on every cruise, some people will avail themselves of this option thus opening cabins to those on a guarantee.

If one of your voyages is 4228 (NY to Barbados), you will likely be joined by many other British passengers. I've been on this voyage twice and was delighted to sail with so many from the UK. It's a very popular itinerary, so if it's not possible to have the same cabin for both voyages, please don't worry, because the staff will handle the entire move for you.

I hope you have a lovely time.

• 2 months later...
Hello,

I have booked a Vista suite on a gty basis for two cruises on the Silver Whisper back to back in October / November. How soon will I be given my suite assignment and from experience are you usually allocated a suite in the grade booked or do Silversea ever upgrade such booking? I guess that wherever possible Silversea would endeavour to give me the same suite for the duration of the two cruieses?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hope you have got your silver box by now. Did you get your cabin assigned or do you think you'll have to wait until you board. Either way all the cabins are lovely. Enjoy!

Archived