Experiences: Passion Island by Power Catamaran Cozumel, Mexico?

neeltje1

I concur with all the great reviews about Passion Island! We were there via Twister Boat Sept 2012. Unless you're ready to have ocean water in every orifice of your body...do not take the Twister. Just sayin'. It was fun, but I'll sit on the inside next time!! :eek: We have it booked through cozumel water sports dot com for this September. I wrote a full review on TA about it with suggestions. Hope this link works http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d154082-r144661484-Isla_de_Pasion-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#REVIEWS

My biggest tip, also mentioned above is: if there are multiple folks in your group, leave one person with the group leader to hear all the instructions and send everyone else to the beach to GET CHAIRS! The instructions were pretty long and we didn't get the best kind of chair by the time she released us. :( The wind was pretty high that day, also, so the water toys were not available and the water pretty murky due to a storm the prior night. DH had the best massage of his life, though, if you enjoy that. I'll end with what I started with....if you take the Twister, be ready to ALSO be soaked when you return to the port!!

Sherri

Edited by Blondie70

• 5 months later...

We just did this excursion in November and absolutely loved it from start to finish and the boat that gets you there, the motorized catamaran is nothing like a regular catamaran and no where near as small .we had a great time there was singing and dancing all the way there and all the way back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My BIL isn't fond of small boats and/or rough water. Does anyone have any pics of the catamarans NCL uses to transfer to Passion Island? I did it with Carnival last year, but assume NCL is different. Thanks!

The boats are big and 2 stories.

PB130004%20%282%29%20copy-XL.jpg

PB140185%20copy-L.jpg

This used to one of Favorite things to do in Cozumel but since Carnival got their hands on it , Not so much. Higher price , All the stuff has went down hill. Not enough chairs , Not enough time what precious time you have is wasted by pictures a yada yada about this and that . hey I have been here 5 times just let me go to the beach or give that boring talking on the catamaran ride over . LOVE THE BEACH one of our all time favorite places . Love the people that work there know several of them very well the have been there a very long time . But just don't think its worth it anymore . Going on the Liberty in March and doing something else this time ,will miss the guacamole is us yummy :p

• 3 weeks later...

That's what we tried to do but they said they needed our photo for "security reasons" to make sure we were accounted for when it was time to leave. **eye roll**

They weren't budging on taking no as an answer, and I wasted about 15 minutes of my vacation time trying to explain how inappropriate it was for the guides to be so overly aggressive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder, if you tried to skip the picture and the talk, would they stop you from just moving on towards the beach?

While we didn't skip the "talk"...wasn't paying attention and taking personal pictures during it, we did walk around when it came time to take pictures (not the same staff that does the talk) and we were not the only ones. They got HIGHLY upset for people doing that and was yelling at us and got pretty rude with another lady and her family as they continued to walk. We just ignored them. :p ;)